Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no spark on all cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no spark on all cylinders

ive looked it up and cant seem to find whats causing my no spark problem. first i had no spark to only one cylinder but now its not getting spark to any of them. ive replaced all the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. ive even tried changing the ignitor but i still dont have any spark. is there a way to test the internal coil? i cant find anything on how to test it.

Ignition Coil? Test it.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      Ignition Coil? Test it.

ummm thats what i was woundering how to do. i cant find anywhere how to test the internal coil. only can find tests for the external coil.

Comment

There's a certain resistance that the coil is supposed to provide which you can test with a multimeter... I don't remember the spec, it's something like 15-18k ohms... but don't take my word for it. If you haven't already, you should get a haynes manual for your car at your local auto parts store... they've got the testing proceedure and specs described in there.
        1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillPhatCat
          There's a certain resistance that the coil is supposed to provide which you can test with a multimeter... I don't remember the spec, it's something like 15-18k ohms... but don't take my word for it. If you haven't already, you should get a haynes manual for your car at your local auto parts store... they've got the testing proceedure and specs described in there.
          ive got a book and it has tests for external coils but says on the models with the internal coils there are no serviceable parts in the distributor. it says if the coil are found to be defective then it will be necessary to replace the entire distributor housing. but thats all it says, it dosent give the procedure on how to test the internal coil.

this is the h22 im having problems with not the f22.
          Last edited by jrlavey; 03-08-2008, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Hit a junkyard. Pick up 2 coils, and 2 igniters. Mess around with combinations to see what works.

Internal coils are easily replaceable. I'm an idiot when it comes to ignition components, and I managed to do it with no problem.

Comment

Ignition Coil Test (Fuel-Injected Engine)

1. With the ignition switch OFF, remove the distributor cap.

2. Remove the 2 screws to disconnect the BLK/YEL and WHT/BLU wires from the terminals A and B respectively.

3. Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the terminals. Replace the coil if the resistance is not within specifications.
              NOTE: Resistance will vary with coil temperature; specs are at 20*C (70*F)

Primary Winding Resistance (Between the A and B terminals):
              0.6 - 0.8 ohms

Secondary Winding Resistance (Between and A and secondary winding terminals):
              12,880 - 19,320 ohms
              Last edited by demortey@mac.co; 03-09-2008, 11:16 PM.
              My Rides:

Comment

Igniter Unit Input Test

1. Remove the distributor cap, the rotor, and the leak cover.

2. Disconnect the BLK/YEL, WHT/BLU, YEL/GRN and BLU wires from the igniter unit.

3. Turn the ignition switch ON. Check the voltage between the BLK/YEL and the body ground. There should be battery voltage. If there is no battery voltage, check the BLK/YEL wire across the ignition switch and the igniter unit. If there is voltage go to step 4.

4. Check the voltage between the WHT/BLU wire and the body ground. There should be battery voltage. If there is no battery voltage, check the ignition coil and WHT/BLU wire between the ignition coil and the igniter unit. If there is voltage, go to step 5.

5. Check the YEL/WHT wire between the PGM-FI ECU and the igniter unit.

6. Check the BLU wire between the tach and the igniter unit.

7. If all tests are normal, replace the igniter unit.

Hope this helps....
                My Rides:

Comment

Working...
                X