Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Highflow Cat Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highflow Cat Problem

hi guys... i fitted a highflow cat on my car and now when i drive my check engine light goes on... guys have any idea on how to fix the problem... and i can smell more fumes when i've put the cat on....

Tommy Gun.... Gunning It all dA waY...

What cel are you getting and two is it a real cat or just a high flow "cat" test pipe?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Is the o2 sensor still plugged in? Deffinetly check the code.

Comment

yeah i got a 41 CEL code... do you guy think its the o2 sensor...
        i thinks its a testpipe i bought of ebay

Comment

i had the same problem get adhesive and make sure the o2 sensor is in nice and tight with the vibrations from the backpressure it loosens your o2 sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by royceafir
            i had the same problem get adhesive and make sure the o2 sensor is in nice and tight with the vibrations from the backpressure it loosens your o2 sensor.

my o2 sensors is like welded on.. thats how strong its on there... i have tried taking it off but it looks like a C*NT 2 get off though

Comment

ebay test pipe??? you mean a straight pipe that replaces your cat? that's not a cat

so do you have a high flow cat or a straight pipe?

btw..."high flow" cats don't give you any power on a stock engine...turbo I could see though.

Either way, you have one o2 sensor and it's on the exhaust manifold and with that code you need a new o2 sensor...there should be some sorta check for that in haynes maybe...a resistance check that is.

I found this thread...mentions the check in haynes
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...+oxygen+sensor
              ____

Comment

A test pipe would definitely smell bad... you're spewing crap into the atmosphere like crazy without a proper cat! You should leave a cat on there, and only use the test pipe for racing. It's not that much of a power-adder that it's worth making you sick from the fumes (or killing the planet)

Replace the o2 sensor and see if it fixes the problem. It's not a bad thing to replace anyway, even if it's not the fix you need... with a code 41 though, it should fix it.

Comment

UMMM... well it says its a high flow cat, gives me more power at top end.... heres the addy for it
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...p3984.m336.lVI

you wreckon its the O2 sensor...??? well its hard enough for me to buy one in australia... and damn the US ones dont work with my car from what i heard....

Comment

if thats a what you got it, its a test pipe, not an cat converter as for the 02 sensors get the part the number and if matches a us one i would think it would work, but who knows.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

do not...trust...ebay

put your cat back on...you did not gain any hp in the top end...go buy a new o2 sensor NOT FROM EBAY and don't cheap out on it either...otherwise you'll be replacing it in a year.

Seriously learn about this stuff before you do it, you will end up with a better longer lasting car. And ebay is not a parts store and is not reliable.

At least run stuff by us first and we'll save you a lot of time, money, and hassle...that's what this site is here for anyway...to support our fellow cb7tuners ;D
                      ____

Comment

People need to stop buying stuff just because it's advertised as making more power. Seriously, would you believe that a plug-in chip that cost you $8.29 on eBay would give your car 45 more hp and 12 more mpg?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFO...em270217146568

Test pipes are a waste of money and destroy the environment. We're not talking about 50-100 years down the road destruction here. We're already seeing the effects of greenhouse gases, and the damage is accelerating. Is roughly one horsepower worth spewing out 6 or 7 times the emissions? If you really feel it necessary, spend the money and buy a REAL high flow cat from Magnaflow or Vibrant.
                        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                        Short ram intake
                        Tenrai Himoto catback
                        Smashed front end
                        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                        X