Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is boosting a Honda bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is boosting a Honda bad?

Someone I know said Hondas don't like boost. He said it will kill em

to a point yes, but with proper tune and everything done the right way it will last. Check out the forced induction section and see what some other people are doing.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
    New people click here

Comment

no.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

I thought so...thanks

Comment

Just about boosting any car or honda without it being properly modified or able ready built to handle boost is bad. It just wont last because it wasnt designed to take a beating that forced induction throws at it. Thats just the way it is if it cant handle it its gonna break. Hence why i just said screw it imma jus tget a boosted car and enjoy it all day.

Comment

No. Just make sure you get it tuned properly.
            Raceline USA

Comment

Is killing kittens bad?

lol, most *preformance* oem honda motors are higher compression and designed for N/A applications. The other honda motors are designed for gas mileage and reliability. Although you can boost them and get high HP numbers out of them, they were designed to used in N/A applications whether its on the track or for the daily grind. Its the amount of time, research, and money that you want to put into the motor. Sadly *most* boosted honda motors are of the "Lets strap on whatever turbo we can get, however we can, just so its turbo" kind.

Its not bad or good, its whatever you personally think of it. Just make your mind up after you read up on what exactly a turbo does for the motor, and what a turbo charged motor needs to operate reliably and at its peak performance.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
              Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
              Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
              04 WRX stg 2 sedan
              Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

1. Sparkle covered a decent amount.
                2. Properly tuning a boosted vehicle (any vehicle) will prolong its life. The only thing that will hold you back is either weak internals of some sort or worn parts. Properly tuning, inspecting, checking the motor will prevent this and help you maintain a healthy motor.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by myk
                  Is killing kittens bad?

Not in china/korea/wherever they eat cats.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    Not in china/korea/wherever they eat cats.
                    I eat them for dessert.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

As said above... Honda engines aren't designed for it. Therefore, you have to be careful in how much boost you run, and especially in how you tune it. When you build the motor, you can make as much power as you want.

Boosting STOCK Honda engines isn't a great idea... though straightedge, a member here, has made over 400whp on a stock F22A. I wouldn't expect to repeat that, though.

With a good turbo setup, you can make 220-250whp fairly reliably on a stock F22A, as long as you tune it properly. It won't hold as much power as factory-turbo cars, but once you reach the 400whp mark, you're pretty much in rebuild territory for even the factory boosted engines.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        ... but once you reach the 400whp mark, you're pretty much in rebuild territory for even the factory boosted engines.
                        This is a very true statement. Except for some of those beefy Nissan Engines...SR20, RBxx, etc.

The reason why that guy said "Honda's aren't good for boosting", is that most(not all) of them have open head designs and OK stock internals. Hondas are great, reliable cars when stock...but too must boost tends to make Pistons/Cranks start walking...

Comment

Honda's don't really have crank "walk". The weakest points of most stock Honda engines are the ringlands, then the rods.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

The internals of factory forced induction engines are made to handle it. The internals of naturally aspirated engines are not. It doesn't mean that they're weak, but the design and composition of the parts is different (taking into account things like expansion, heat, increased pressure, etc...)

The stock Honda sleeves can usually handle about as much boost as those in a stock FI engine. ALL sleeves will crack with enough force! It is true that the open deck design isn't good for turbo, though.

One of the most significant factors when boosting a Honda engine, and one of the hardest to plan for, is the condition of the motor itself. When boosting a CB7, you're adding something that the engine was not designed for... to an engine made 15-19 years ago! The mileage is only one indication of the engine's condition. If that engine already has things beginning to fail inside, a turbo will accelerate those problems. It's like making a guy with a bad heart run up a flight of stairs.

Comment

A stock engine in any car is not meant to handle boost as mentioned above

Comment

Working...
                              X