Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Issues with the blower motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by js593
    So im at it again, the blower motor stoped working. I went and got one from work this time (brand new... hurt the wallet BAD) Im trying to figure out 2 things, 1 which wires are negative and which is positive?
    2: i tapped out the old motor, and a bunhc of black soot looking stuff came out... i assume this is why its not running anymore. Can anyone tell me wtf this stuff is? im going to be cutting up the old blower motor just to see if i can see whats wrong with it... i feel like adventuring :P
    It's probably powedered carbon from the brushes. Chances are you wore them out and that is why the motor stopped working.

And nail, a large majority of DC motors use brushes, they aren't just for alternators. How else do you propose transferring current to a rotating object?
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Pedal and gears nuff said.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Trunk Monkey.
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
          Trunk Monkey.
          LOL....

Got it all in, but it doesnt seem to be flowing as much as i thought it would be, i ripped apart the old motor, and found the magnets that were moulded to the outter shell were cracked, therally... im surprised that thing EVER worked. 5 hours so far in the garage today, i think thats enough for now.
          90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
          2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

So i just got back home, when i noticed i wasnt getting any flow/little flow with the new blower motor, i noticed i soldered the connection wrong (Doh)... So i swapped the connecters (blue & red positive, Yellow and black negative) and it seems to be the same... All the joints for the directional flow gears are well greased up, so they should be moving, but i just dont see why its not flowing as good as it was before... any thoughts?

Comment

So i just got back home, when i noticed i wasnt getting any flow/little flow with the new blower motor, i noticed i soldered the connection wrong (Doh)... So i swapped the connecters (blue & red positive, Yellow and black negative) and it seems to be the same... All the joints for the directional flow gears are well greased up, so they should be moving, but i just dont see why its not flowing as good as it was before... any thoughts?
              yeah, I've been wondering why as well. Compared to other CB's it sucks at blowing, even on the highest setting. So if anyone really knows why....do you think back in 1993 or whenever, they used a different motor manufacturer? and the replacement motors are of inferior quality? idk i'm puzzled at why its not as effective in blowing speed.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

How big is the rat cage compared to the original blower's rat cage?

Comment

I dont know, but once you mess with it. Its never the same. I cant seem to get mine to blow air as hard NOR equally after i ripped it apart. My drivers side vent will be HOT, like i can barley touch it, and the passenger side is barley blowing. It also takes a lot longer to warm up the "feet" area.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

WTF? Replacing 6 times? Removing entire dash? Removing ECU? Bleeding the AC lines? Removing the evaporator? Over 5 hours in the garage? Black soot? Leaves and twigs? brushes? magnets? rat cage? soldering? monkeys?! WTF?!

WHy does this sound so complicated? Shouldn't this be just plug-n-play for the most part? I assume disconnect, unbolt, then bolt on new blower, reconnect the wires.

I ask, because mine's taking a shart too. Sometimes comes on, sometimes doesn't. I have to replace mine soon, probably with a junkyard one. But you guys are scaring me.
                    Last edited by BlackPearl2006; 03-24-2008, 03:06 AM.
                    My Ride (Click here)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPearl2006
                      WTF? Replacing 6 times? Removing entire dash? Removing ECU? Bleeding the AC lines? Removing the evaporator? Over 5 hours in the garage? Black soot? Leaves and twigs? brushes? magnets? rat cage? soldering? monkeys?! WTF?!

WHy does this sound so complicated? Shouldn't this be just plug-n-play for the most part? I assume disconnect, unbolt, then bolt on new blower, reconnect the wires.

I ask, because mine's taking a shart too. Sometimes comes on, sometimes doesn't. I have to replace mine soon, probably with a junkyard one. But you guys are scaring me.
                      yeah it shouldn't be THIS hard to replace, well, my car was in the Honda dealership for the better part of the day though, so it is time consuming and tedious I bet. And so is the bill for it, around 400-450 at the dealer.

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I didnt remove all that, i removed the 2 bolts on the side of the dash, the glove box, the glove box support, and jimmied it out (also removed the ECU)

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                          How big is the rat cage compared to the original blower's rat cage?
                          Its the exact same, because i had to swap over the wheels from a honda OEM one.

Comment

which two bolts?

I didnt remove all that, i removed the 2 bolts on the side of the dash, the glove box, the glove box support, and jimmied it out (also removed the ECU)

if you're staring straight at the dash, say, sitting in the passenger seat, where are these two bolts exactly? thnx in advance for the help
                            My Ride (Click here)

Comment

if you're staring straight at the dash, say, sitting in the passenger seat, where are these two bolts exactly? thnx in advance for the help
                              the 2 botls are located on the side of the dash, take off the plastic covers - 10MM bolts, there are 2 screws (under the glove box) and 4 holding the center peice to the glove box, remove all those, unbolts the ECU plate, and the ECU connectors. (held on by 4 bolts)
                              Remove connects (3) from the blower motor assembly
                              remove the casing nuts (3) 2 on top, one on bottom, jimmy it out, bringing the bottom out towards you, it will come, but you need to lift the dash while you are doing it, careful however while doing this.

Comment

BUMP! I think I know why the blower motor doesn't blow as fast as it should. It's because of this resistor that sits ontop between the two fan blades. Its probably similar to the main relay issue, in that the solder pts. internally on it went bad and is therefore causing the motor to not put out all 12v of power. I bought one from Honda new for $36, just ordered it today so I'll let you know how that goes. I'd rather buy new instead of the j-yard ones b/c its kinda a LOT of work to remove that one piece from the blower motor.
                                Here's some pics of what how they picture it in the Haynes manual:

Its that white rectangular looking thing that needs to be replaced.

member's ride thread
                                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                                X