Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

idle adjusting screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle adjusting screw

would just turning the idle idjust screw to the left while the car is idle-ing back and forth fix the issue? or would it just cause the normal idle to drop under 1000 rpm's when it stops idling erratically.. anyone?

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

thats what i've used it for to stop the idle from going up & down. depending on how much you turn it, it could drop below 1000 rpm. have you tried to clean the IACV Idle Air Control valve.
    Last edited by benjerman112; 03-04-2008, 04:57 PM.
    Freedom Is Not Free
    U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

im not quite sure if i should turn it to the left or right.. what side do u turn it to?

Comment

Right is tight left will loosen You can turn this screw and get the adjustment you may need. If you turn the screw too far the idle will rapidly race up and down so watch how far you play with it
        Last edited by benjerman112; 03-04-2008, 05:05 PM.
        Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Turning to the right (clockwise) will lower the idle rpm. Turning to the left will increase idle rpm.

What exactly is the "issue" you're trying to fix?
          Regards from Oz,
          John.

Comment

im trying to get the rpms to stop bouncing up and down.. it only happens when i first start the car... when the engine warms up it stops.. i cleaned the IAC valve and nothing yet.. i think it has something to do with the idle adjustment screw..

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo
              im trying to get the rpms to stop bouncing up and down.. it only happens when i first start the car... when the engine warms up it stops.. i cleaned the IAC valve and nothing yet.. i think it has something to do with the idle adjustment screw..
              If your car has one, perhaps it's to do with the FITV adjustment (fast idle temperature valve), or possibly a leaking FITV?

Unstable idle rpm is something you'd typically (but not only) associate with an air leak, and since your problem only exists with a cold engine and the FITV only operates when the engine is cold...
              Regards from Oz,
              John.

Comment

does anyone know how to fix the FITV?

Comment

buy a new one their cheap or you could take the back off and tighten the white thing under that cover its copper color.
                  Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Take off the cap that covers the FITV and screw the plastic deal until you bottom out the FITV. Thats how you "fix" it.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

do you know around how much they run for? im looking online but i cant find it. do you know how to check if its the FITV?

Comment

$60 from HondaPartsDeals.com or probably around $70-80 from the dealership.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

do you know around how much they run for? im looking online but i cant find it. do you know how to check if its the FITV?
                          when you take off the cap on the FITV (two screws) youll see a plunger looking thing and a yellow/white cap going around it with a couple of grooves in it. twist it clockwise until its tight, if it is already tight then press down and around the vacuum plunger looking for cracks and all that jazz. if your car only spuraticly idles when its cold i think that might just be your only problem.....

however you could pull one off a junker for next to nothing..... id pull off a couple just in case. and if you go to the dealership or advance auto they're gonna charge a left testacle

Good Luck

Comment

yea. it just started happening around a week or two ago. i hope this fixes it. ive cleaned out the IACV and played with the screw and nothing. i was going to go to the dealership to get them to fix it but i'll try this first. If i let this problem continue will it cause harm to my engine or is it just really annoying?

Comment

yea. it just started happening around a week or two ago. i hope this fixes it. ive cleaned out the IACV and played with the screw and nothing. i was going to go to the dealership to get them to fix it but i'll try this first. If i let this problem continue will it cause harm to my engine or is it just really annoying?

mine went from 800-3000 cold and hot for almost 4 months before i had the time and resources to even tackle the problem..... if you think about it, its probally not the best for your engine but not life threatning neccasarily

just teeth grinding and obnoxious.....

Comment

Working...
                              X