Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel problems

ok guy i jut bought a cd5 with a jdm h22a engine , i just wanted to know how much gas does a h22 usually waste because mine is doing horrible in gas milage

Originally posted by kispirit17
    ok guy i jut bought a cd5 with a jdm h22a engine , i just wanted to know how much gas does a h22 usually waste because mine is doing horrible in gas milage
    You need full tune-up my friend.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

what kind of tune up exactly because i got msd ignition coil and wires maybe spark plugs could do for a changing and fuel filter but other than that...... idk......the oter day i put $25 in gas which equals pretty much 8 gallons here in miami and it filled up to a quarter before full tank and now it has less than a quarter to empty with only 80 miles so its like 10 miles to a gallon its like im driving a freakin hummer

Comment

What kind of ECU are you running? Are you throwing any codes? Does your car run like shit?

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

maybe a leak in your gas tank.
          My signature works perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by psycobone
            maybe a leak in your gas tank.
            If it's a leak, it's a big one and it should smell real bad. I had a small leak on mine and I could smell it all around the parking. It also leaves an embarrassing dark spot under your car.
            Accord EX (Can) 1993 296 000km

Winter 2008

Comment

I'm going with bad O2 sensor or wrong ECU... maybe a badly regulated fuel pump... If it was a gas leak of that proportion, I'm guessing you'd smell it.

Off the top of my head I'd guess you'd get at least 25 MPG highway with that thing.

Does the car give off black exhaust while you're driving or if you floor it? Does it have the power you'd expect? Any detonation that you can hear?
              1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by kispirit17
                the oter day i put $25 in gas which equals pretty much 8 gallons here in miami and it filled up to a quarter before full tank and now it has less than a quarter to empty with only 80 miles so its like 10 miles to a gallon its like im driving a freakin hummer
                Sounds like your method of tracking mileage may have some error built in... what you should do is fill it all the way up and drive it maybe 100-150 miles and then fill it all the way up again and see how much gas it takes... then divide miles by gallons it took to fill.
                1991 Accord LX, 2Dr, 5 Spd, P12 ECU, Ebay Short Ram, Megan 4-2-1, Full 2.25" Ebay Exhaust + 60 Series Flowmaster.

1987 Camaro IROC-Z/28, 350 Crate, 700R4, 2.73 Posi, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Summit Headers, 3" Catco Cat, 3" Hooker Cat-back, Pioneer DEH-7800 HU, 600W Pioneer Amp, 350W 10" Pioneer Sub + 6 Pioneer Speakers.

Comment

yeah ^^^^ what he said, then you can get some baseline numbers for MPG and work from there. But since you JUST got the car, it wouldn't hurt replacing a few basic things: air filter, oil change, spark plugs, wires possibly, fuel filter, tire pressure check....all those things add up

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

well i work at goodyear so everything maint. wise is covered and i do get the power id expect from it cant really smell gas but i do get a code but when i turn off the car it goes away havent really checked i out yet all i really know is that im gettin 217 at the wheels

Comment

Working...
                    X