Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

seems like every week i'm replacing something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems like every week i'm replacing something

a few weeks ago i found out my ecu was going out. 150 bucks and a few junkyards later i swapped out the fried pt3 for the pt6, new tail light, and plastic fender liner for the CAI i had been waiting months to put on.

well i changed the ecu about a week before the CAI went in. immediately noticed gains in power. (oh for reference i drive a 90 lx f22a1 bored out higher compression modified cam I/H/E) the check engine light kept coming on and i figured it was just the ecu needing to reset.

me and my friend put the CAI in and to our surprise the AEM intake didn't quite fit up to my car....the mounting bracket is about 3 inches from where it should be. we ended up jimmy rigging it with some zip ties so that it doesn't move a whole lot. (not to concerned about the paint on it)

my car was running really well for about a week. then it started surging. i figured it was probably just a clogged fuel filter. and was really hoping in the back of my mind it wasn't the fuel pump. unfortunately i was unable to get the stuff to check out my fuel pressure for a few days....about a week.

on my way to the shop i saw a modified civic that goes to my school. i figured screw it why not. well we take off from a light and we're dead even through first. i hear his vtec kick in when i'm at about 5200. still dead even. shift to second and i just pull away from him. they catch up to me at the next light and pull out this HUGE wad of cash and i'm like hell nah! i'm good man!

further on the way to the shop the surging gets worse. get there and its a pain in the ass to just find a fitting to check the damn fuel pressure. finally 3 hours later we get one and in order to check the pressure you have to remove the black box from the fire wall. that's the easy part. the hard part is taking apart the fuel line without breaking it. i have about an inch long gash on the back of my finger from idk what. so we check it. come to find out i'm only getting 30 psi when the fuel pump should pump 55psi.

now i'm waiting till monday to get the pump.....can't wait to she how she'll run then
    90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
    91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

yeah, it seems like when one thing goes out everything else follows.

the AEM intake should fit perfectly....unless for some reason they didn't send you the right one. they're engineered to fit exactly, unless you have a fluke, i don't know of many people with problems with them.
    Former: 90 LX, 91 EX. Current: 92 LX

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of owning a 15-19 year old car

The more you know about it, the more you notice is broken.

Comment

Everything on mine is broken.. litterally everything..
        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

wow 150 for a stock ECU damn man lol.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

2/3 of my broken parts were caused by suicidal wildlife.
            ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
            '93 EX 5-speed coupe
            Short ram intake
            Tenrai Himoto catback
            Smashed front end
            Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Yea, I feel you. I just replaced my dizzy, and now my almost new starter went. WTF. I re-did all my cooling system items, and two little hose from the intake manifold started leaking coolant. WTF.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

waster $85 on a main relay from the dealer (could have gotten it for $40 online but needed it right away)

felt like a kick in the gut but oh well.
                1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
                ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
                OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjfan12
                  waster $85 on a main relay from the dealer (could have gotten it for $40 online but needed it right away)

felt like a kick in the gut but oh well.
                  OR you could have resoldered all the joints for free(or about $10 for an iron and solder)

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    OR you could have resoldered all the joints for free(or about $10 for an iron and solder)
                    tried it but I really suck at soldering, my iron didnt melt the old solder so I couldnt remove it.

and since i suck at soldering I would do a real crappy job. I dont have a steady hand to do the job right.
                    1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
                    ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
                    OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

haha no that was for the ecu, tail light, and fender liner. and i think it actually only cost 125 but my parents gave me 150

Originally posted by NAiL05
                      wow 150 for a stock ECU damn man lol.
                      me and my buddy alex plan on changing out the fuel pump later this afternoon...about 2 hours or so. will try to post pictures and maybe some video after we get everything back together
                      Last edited by frohawker; 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM. Reason: update
                      90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                      91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Working...
                      X