Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b

what do you guys/girls think of the f22b dohc? from the 91prelude si. its the same engine except for the dohc. what are the advantages on having a dohc? and would i need to change the ecu if i swapped that in?

you mean the 92 Si?
    F22b DOHC is pretty much a direct swap and yes you will need the ECU.
    DOHC makes more power than sohc.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

would you suggest just swapping the heads or the whole engine. i can pick the ecu up from a junkyard right?

Comment

if it were me i would get the whole engine. and im prety sure u can get the ecu at the junkyard.
        My RIDE

Comment

you can run a JDM f22b with the stock pt6 with absolutely no problems at all.... i've been doing it since day one of the swap... you won't b making the most power possible, but it's safe to run

the motor is fun i'll tell you that, you'll enjoy it and it's NOTICEABLY faster than the stock f22a the price is well worth it, and they seem 2 b pretty cheap now adays(where i got mine from, a JDM F22B was actually CHEAPER than the stock F22A ...)

i suggest a straight, full swap... fuck a headswap

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
          My Ride thread
          Flickr
          Originally posted by d112crzy
          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
          All I gotta really say is:
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

nice and it would be fine if i kept my tranny right?

Comment

yes

My Ride thread
              Flickr
              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

I would do the entire engine swap rather than just the head for reliability reasons.
                and yea you can get the ecu at the junkyard just be really sure that the prelude had that motor in it and not a h22 or f22a

Comment

how much did you get yours for? were you located at?

Comment

now all you gotta do is use your friendly search button there's a whole f22b swap guide

find and you shall search

My Ride thread
                    Flickr

Comment

i got mines for $850 shipped with auto tranny

My Ride thread
                      Flickr

Comment

its a noticable gain on power? i like the f serie engines and im not a huge fan on vtec. so i think the f22b is were it is at.

Comment

isn't the f22b a 2.3l?

Comment

The magic link with an INFINITE source of answers!

My Ride thread
                            Flickr

Comment

H23 is 2.3
                              i think the JDM F22B DOHC is 2.2

Comment

Working...
                              X