Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering the CB7's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering the CB7's

I need to know some information on lowering CB's because i want to lower mine but i know nothing about lowering cars with Strut.

So if someone could give me some info that would be great
    Click Here
    1991 Honda Accord EX-SOLD
    1998 Acura Integra LS-SOLD
    1993 Toyota Mr2 N/A 5spd-SOLD
    2001 Chevy Tahoe-Daily Driver
    2006 Honda CBR600F4i-NEW Toy

koni yellows with neuspeed race springs. $700 roughly
    or coilovers for $800... i'm still looking into coilovers though
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

read this:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=470

it should answer all your questions. but if theres still something you don't get, ask away.
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Skunk2 Sport Shocks and Coilovers. 500 shipped. EBAY!!!! lol full set
        COOL!!! < My Ride> '93 EX F22A6

Comment

Lower FAQ 101
          DEVOTE

Comment

Yes check the above link, it cover every single thing and Im sure it will answer all your questions. Its kind of a long read but well worth it!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Just Want to Say That I Have Tein Drop Springs and Love The Ride Quality with the Nice Look. Good Price Too
              "Black92Accord's NEW Acura TSX"

W/ Navi But Auto
              -----------------------------
              SOLD
              1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr. With a 5speed Manual Trans, Black Exterior with Black/Tan Interior
              SOLD

Comment

is it better to use stock struts or after market...i had after market one on my old car with h&r springs they rode nice..must cars bounce up and down..when there lowerd i am looking to lower my car this spring but i dont wanna pay 500 and plus...im looking to pay around 200 or so...or 300...so whats the best i can do for that price...? and i want it to be flush with my tires...how low do i have to go...and aint the rear higher then the front...?

Comment

Originally posted by Dans92cb7
                  is it better to use stock struts or after market...i had after market one on my old car with h&r springs they rode nice..must cars bounce up and down..when there lowerd i am looking to lower my car this spring but i dont wanna pay 500 and plus...im looking to pay around 200 or so...or 300...so whats the best i can do for that price...? and i want it to be flush with my tires...how low do i have to go...and aint the rear higher then the front...?
                  with aftermarket springs, its usually a good idea to get aftermarket shocks too. they are usually meant to cope with the higher spring rates of aftermarket springs.

for your price range, i don't know if you'll be able to get a good spring/shock combo but i could be wrong. maybe you could find some for cheap. and if you want there to be no gap between the tires and body, you'll probably have to lower it close to 2" all around. thats just a guess though.
                  Originally posted by deevergote.
                  And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
                    with aftermarket springs, its usually a good idea to get aftermarket shocks too. they are usually meant to cope with the higher spring rates of aftermarket springs.

for your price range, i don't know if you'll be able to get a good spring/shock combo but i could be wrong. maybe you could find some for cheap. and if you want there to be no gap between the tires and body, you'll probably have to lower it close to 2" all around. thats just a guess though.
                    i wonder if i can use my old shocks...i still have the car the springs are fuck one broke...but thats for the advice...

Comment

Dunno about the height, but Dropzones are usually pretty cheap...

Lowering is kinda like doing an engine swap. The up-front estimate can be cheap, but its always a good idea to have that overflow. That way, if you need it, its there, and if not, then youve got extra $$, which is always a good thing

To put it mildly, and im one for over-shooting, i plan on a drop costing me right around $1000. Cuz you never know what problems lowering your car may bring about. Not to mention, theres always neg camber and control arms to worry about.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                      X