Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake

ok so i was looking for a front mount intake for my civic project car and i ran across one for a 94-97 accord, does anyone have one of these or heard any new on them i know a big issue would be hydro lock, but it comes with a plastic shield to cover the filter while driving in rain plus im putting a bypass on it

By the "front mount intake", do you mean one of those intakes designed to look like an intercooler?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

They are pointless, imo. You are better off with a true CAI. But, you still run the risk of hydrolocking the motor.

Also, I don't think a 94-97 Accord intake would fit either.

I would suggest getting a short ram made for your Civic.

Comment

?

No.

If you want one of those, I suggest you buy a Tornado and a fake BOV sound maker to go with it.

Comment

Yup. Those are the ones I've been seeing. A couple Del Sols and Integras have them around here. It's the cool thing I suppose. I like to act turboed too.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

It's funny how the non-turbo cars like to look turbo.. and then you get guys like chessboxer that paint their intercoolers black.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

?

No.

If you want one of those, I suggest you buy a Tornado and a fake BOV sound maker to go with it.

WOW!!!
              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
              NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

if its CAi..then u have to worry about it..but SRI u dont have to really...

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
                Members Ride

Comment

It's funny how the non-turbo cars like to look turbo.. and then you get guys like chessboxer that paint their intercoolers black.
                  I've got to keep people unsuspecting of what's about to happen to them!

And on topic, I dont think I would get that, as I think it is rather silly, but it is your car, so do what you want. Also, I had to reroute my p/s cooler to fit my ic, and that was AFTER I hacked the f- out of my bumper, so chances are, you might have to hack the inside of your bumper for a fake fmic, and thus, I wouldnt do it.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

?

No.

hmmm.....look nice.. I saw them on ebay also..
                    but is there really a difference? or just for look?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

the question has actually not one thing to do with looks but function. a cai is mounted in the bumper with no direct flow, a sri is mounted under the hood with heat radiating from the engine once again with no direct flow, would this not pull in cooler air, at a more rapid rate, i dont want it to look like a fmic or pretend to have a turbo, i wanted to know if it would funtion any better than than the other two (sri or cai) options.

Comment

The theory makes sense, but no... it wouldn't pull in more air. In fact, it might actually pull in less. Next time you're a passenger, stick your head out the window at 50mph. You'll find that it's not easy to breathe. That's because the air is moving quickly around your head, not finding it's way into the holes in your face. Having a CAI in the wheel well is drawing in ambient air, much like when you breathe inside the car... so when it sucks, it sucks air. A short ram intake does take in hotter air... but when the car is moving, the air under the hood is moving as well. It's not THAT hot under there.

Comment

The theory makes sense, but no... it wouldn't pull in more air. In fact, it might actually pull in less. Next time you're a passenger, stick your head out the window at 50mph. You'll find that it's not easy to breathe. That's because the air is moving quickly around your head, not finding it's way into the holes in your face. Having a CAI in the wheel well is drawing in ambient air, much like when you breathe inside the car... so when it sucks, it sucks air. A short ram intake does take in hotter air... but when the car is moving, the air under the hood is moving as well. It's not THAT hot under there.
                          Great explanation... couldn't do it better myself!

Comment

Better than my previous comment, eh?

For the record, I didn't know that he was ACTUALLY asking about that... my post above was rather mean in hindsight, wvcb7, and I do apologize.

That sort of thing is a gimmick, much like the Tornado... it makes sense in marketing, and the idea SEEMS sound... but it really isn't.

Comment

my post above was rather mean in hindsight, wvcb7, and I do apologize.

Jesus Deev...what the hell is the matter with you?!?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X