Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

This guy is saying his stock f22b is as fast as a h22...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is saying his stock f22b is as fast as a h22...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Z6J9rCWHs#gUX1h_UioK0

what do you think?

no

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

He is full of crap.

Comment

200hp>160hp.

/thread
        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
        Short ram intake
        Tenrai Himoto catback
        Smashed front end
        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
          200hp>160hp.

/thread
          200hp (or 190 if you're talking USDM) > 145hp... that's all those motors had. 135 if it was the F22B2.

The guy must think that because his tires were chirping that his motor was powerful. He's probably running some Wanli rubber bands on there...

A lightly modified F22A1 can get within a second of an H22A, but it won't be AS fast.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            A lightly modified F22A1 can get within a second of an H22A, but it won't be AS fast.
            True, but HondaFan81's F22A1 in his White project can pretty easily smoke an H22A!
            ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
            '93 EX 5-speed coupe
            Short ram intake
            Tenrai Himoto catback
            Smashed front end
            Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Yeah. Of course, put the money he's putting into those engines into an H22A and see who wins... The money put into the Red engine would probably make 220whp or more with an H22. The White one... might stand a chance. He's looking at about 250whp. That's approaching the upper range of successful NA H22 builds. 2point6's 250whp H22 was quite streetable. Cisco's White car is not all that streetable... though I'm sure he can still drive it.

For pure performance, I've heard similar numbers coming from F22As and H22As.

F22B1/2s can suck a nut.

Comment

F22B1/2s can suck a nut.

Tell that to a F22B1/2 owner lol. SOMEONE out there is proud of theirs. I'm sure plenty of people have said F22aX's can suck a nut, and look what some of us are doing with them!
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

If an F22b had a turbo, probably. (beat a H22 that is) I heard that the F series take turbos better that H22.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusty Crayon
                    If an F22b had a turbo, probably. (beat a H22 that is) I heard that the F series take turbos better that H22.
                    Not the F22B1/2
                    wat?

Comment

The one in the video is a stock f22b2, hes going around telling other accord owners how to drive their accords to make it faster like his, he also says he has hondata, and he adjusted his timing to make more compression

Comment

Well, if he's running a Hondata ECU, and clearly has an exhaust... it's not exactly stock! Still... what would that make? 120whp?

Originally posted by turbomaxx
                        Tell that to a F22B1/2 owner lol. SOMEONE out there is proud of theirs. I'm sure plenty of people have said F22aX's can suck a nut, and look what some of us are doing with them!
                        Yeah, but there's a difference... the F22A has a very good port design. Very free flowing, and it responds to modification very well. The F22B1 especially has a TERRIBLE port design... It really IS a bad choice for performance! The F22B2... I don't know much about it, honestly. It may be decent.

As for turbo... the F series only takes boost "better" because of the lower compression. You can halfass your turbo setup and not blow the motor up. The H22 has higher compression, and is less forgiving when it comes to turbo. Either one in stock form is not great... the internals aren't meant for it.
                        The F22B1 has been used successfully with turbo... but it's not "better" than anything else. With a turbo, you can make decent power on just about anything.

Comment

F22B2

This engine was used in the 1994-1997 Honda Accord DX, LX and SE. The F22B6 in the 1995-1997 Honda Odyssey and the F22B8 in the Honda Shuttle are substantially similar.

Specifications

* Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 95.0 mm
                          * Displacement: 2156 cc
                          * Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves
                          * Compression ratio: 8.8:1
                          * Max power: 130 hp (97 kW) @ 5300 rpm
                          * Max torque: 139 ft·lbf (188 N m) @ 4200 rpm

The F22B in the BA9 Prelude had a DOHC configuration

JDM engines were stamped only as F22B.

Looks just like a F22a, except that it has the 0-00-0 exhaust ports like the F22b1
                          wat?

Comment

I have an F22B1. I can honestly say the motor is great. It gets great gas mileage. I don't look at it at a performance perspective. I know people have said it has terrible port flow design, or whatever. I really don't care, I am not into performance anymore. I just need a reliabe DD for college.

If I had a CB7 would I swap in a F22B1 in there? No. It's not worth all the hassle, BUT if you have the motor in it from the factory, then it's not bad.

I really would like to see some proof of the F22B1 having a poor port design. I am not doubting anyone, I just would like to see some proof, rather than opinions.
                            Last edited by HondaGuy1212; 02-14-2008, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Well, if he's running a Hondata ECU, and clearly has an exhaust... it's not exactly stock! Still... what would that make? 120whp?

Yeah, but there's a difference... the F22A has a very good port design. Very free flowing, and it responds to modification very well. The F22B1 especially has a TERRIBLE port design... It really IS a bad choice for performance! The F22B2... I don't know much about it, honestly. It may be decent.

As for turbo... the F series only takes boost "better" because of the lower compression. You can halfass your turbo setup and not blow the motor up. The H22 has higher compression, and is less forgiving when it comes to turbo. Either one in stock form is not great... the internals aren't meant for it.
                              The F22B1 has been used successfully with turbo... but it's not "better" than anything else. With a turbo, you can make decent power on just about anything.

I wouldn't say terrible, as they still have a good port design, it just isn't as good as the F22Ax's mainly due to size.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X