Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Not new....but still NEW....and a goofball...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not new....but still NEW....and a goofball...

Whats up guys....I joined almost 3 years ago when I was thinking about buying a friend's 92 four door accord for a daily driver. WELL...He and I got to talking about what I would do with it if he sold it, and when I started talking about doing an H22 swap he decided to keep the car. Long story short....he has the H22 swapped into it now, and loves the car as much as ever....I wasn't heart broken....mostly because I get to see it every day...HA HA....and we get in fun conversations every couple of days where we both end up learning something new.....
    I noticed the other day when I found something interesting to post about that I wasn't able to post anymore....I guess since I did more reading than posting I didn't get over 5 posts....in two years.....ha ha...oh well....I am labeled a newb anyways.....I just wanted to introduce myself to you guys....Even though I love to learn about Honda's...I'm a big GM fan.....I always have been and probrably always will be....I'm pretty civil though....and not closed minded about Honda and the technologies that they pioneered.....cool stuff...I wish more domestic guys would just sit down and learn about it....some of us GM guys are pretty closed minded.....thats why I keep coming back every once and a while to see whats new, and maybe brush up on some info that I missed......
    ANYWAYS......cool beans on the NEWBIE forums.....COLD beans on the fact that I am limited to them....oh yeah....I drive a trailblazer SS.....bash all you want.....but I dig it....it has a cup holder big enough for a MONSTER BFC can to chill out in........think about that....HA HA....TOTALY WORTH THE MONEY....

HY-ME
    Last edited by JeRM82; 02-07-2008, 12:10 AM.
    Yes I'm a GM fan....no I don't drag my knuckles...

Don't worry... the owner of this site drives a GTP as well as a CB7

And the newbie forums limit people for their first 30 posts so they don't get eaten alive by the more experienced members for asking newbie questions. It's worked well so far! Just a shame you signed up before they existed...

Comment

I LOVE GTP's......a true SLEEPER....The only thing that sucks about GTP's for a California guy like me is that the C.A.R.B EO# for The Other Guys Headers ends for those things in like 2002....and buying something L67 powered older than 2002 in California is tough to do because of the high mileage and the mystery of how well it was REALLY taken care of.....and last time I checked the EO# didn't cover the Bonnevilles and Regal GS's for ANY year...too bad..those are two good looking cars....There is some company out of Canada (I think) that makes turbo kits/conversions for the 3800 cars....sniffs good too...it will just fail a visual in Cali..too bad it isn't smog legal here in cali......the 3800 F-body guys could use some smog legal forced induction......it would be like a modern day Grand National.....without the GIANT price tag........oh well....I have a few crazy ideas for aftermarket stuff.....some are a little off the wall.....but all for a good cause.....
      Last edited by JeRM82; 02-07-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I thought about dropping the GTP (yes, I'm the owner of the site that I spoke of ) and getting an F body. Same 3800 in the V6 models, roughly... I thought about grabbing a supercharger from a GTP (or similar supercharged 3800) and slapping it on the Fbody... SHOULD fit.

But yeah, it hauls. I wish it wasn't FWD, though. That much power to the front wheels is irritating. I plan on getting a smaller pulley, headers, U bend delete, intake, and an ECU reflash. Should give me another 50-60hp, maybe more.

I'm in NJ, so things are strict... but not AS strict as CA. I have an H22 in my CB7 that I can push through a private inspection facility, and I have a 3rd gen Accord hatchback that will eventually be turbo.

Comment

Trailblazer SS's are nice. The owner of the store next to me has one and we went to lunch a few days ago. Holy crap, it was nice. So, I told him anytime He wanted to give it away, I'd be more than happy to take it.

But, welcome to the site. I'm a fan of GM vehicles. My first car was an 87 Iroc that my dad and I built. It was fun while it lasted, but gas prices got the best of me. Yeah, I thought it was bad when gas was like $1.50.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Have you looked into doing a set of rockers? Those would help you out too...less boost to make the same power with lower KR, and IAT's...keeping you from needing an aftercooler as much.....there is a cam that I will have to look into...I think it's from ZZP that passes the sniffer here in california, I'll post it up when I get a chance to get onto thier site.......I found that turbo conversion company.... http://www.cartuning.ca/productsTurboKit.php
            If you get that F body...they are developing a turbo set-up for those things with the 3800's......I wouldn't mess with the eaton...too much cash for not that much power....it CAN be done...but it's actually more work than it's worth.....go with the turbo and a stick shift 3800 F-body.....the last body style firebird with that set-up and some weld drag lights would be BAD ASS......I saw one with a D-1SC on it...it just wasn't worth the effort....you could run that turbo on that 3800 F-body into the low 12's still be streetable with GREAT gas mileage.....and the best part is the only state that the turbo kit ISN'T legal in is CALIFORNIA. ...ha ha....
            Hey man....if you ever get that trans rebuilt or a new one INTENSE transmissions don't get FULLY rebuilt...they leave the old bands in there they've had a few problems with people not realizing you have to SPECIFY for them to replace all of that crap.....ZZP's trans doesn't come with the Dynamat covering the top of the trans for the "cheap" anti false knock kit, or a limited slip option......BUT...they do rebuild the ENTIRE trans.....
            Wich headers are you going to go with...TOG's or the SLP's?

Comment

Not sure. No headers have been in the budget yet (seems like anything good is $1000 or so!) TOG's was the plan, though. It seems that everyone that runs them likes em... and based on the name alone, I like the personality of the company

My first mod will probably be the smaller pulley, followed by the intake. I'll have to research the ECU reflash more, but I'd rather get that before the headers (cheaper, as well as less noisy ) This is my "nice" car, even though I pretty much got it as a beater... I want at least one car that isn't loud and obnoxious!

Once I get into more power, which I probably will, I'll have to look into the transmission rebuild... unless I can find something to convert to manual (I'd love that!)

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex
                Trailblazer SS's are nice. The owner of the store next to me has one and we went to lunch a few days ago. Holy crap, it was nice. So, I told him anytime He wanted to give it away, I'd be more than happy to take it.

But, welcome to the site. I'm a fan of GM vehicles. My first car was an 87 Iroc that my dad and I built. It was fun while it lasted, but gas prices got the best of me. Yeah, I thought it was bad when gas was like $1.50.

I LOVE my TBSS.....I'm planning on getting a Corsa pipe on it with a K&N, and a Vector Motorsports ECU & TCU for it here when ever my bonus money comes in....waiting on money from the Navy is fun.....they TAKE it from you imediately....but you always have to wait til they "get around to it" for them to GIVE you money......HA HA.....
                The only thing that I wish that they had done with it at the factory was put the 6l80/90 (six speed trans) in it with like a 3.42 or 3.55 gear in it.....its got the 4L70 (4-speed trans) with a 4.10 gear in it......it gets about 16-18mpg on the highway.....BUT....it should run mid-low 13's once I get the Vector tune/pipe/K&N.....and then when the warranty gets close to being up I will put the 6L80 or 6L90 into it....with a 3.55 or 3.42 gear in it.....should get about 21-23mpg after that on the highway.....
                The fun part is that I can TOW with it too....you can't do that with the SRT-8 Jeeps.....and they have GARBAGE ass transmissions compared to the GM ones...

Comment

Yeah, my stepfather owns a small Chrysler dealership, and as much as I want to have faith in the product... I really don't. I can't stand Chrysler products anymore, sadly.

I'm not thrilled with my GTP, but it's a fun car, with some luxury. The suspension is garbage... handles like poo, and rides as rough as my 2" lowered CB7. I thought the transmission was crapping out, but then I learned that what I was experiencing was the traction control (what a horrible idea... I gun it to merge with highway traffic, and it cuts engine power... great!) The engine or transmission is making a bit of a noise... not sure what it is, and I'm too broke to bother getting it looked at at the moment... sounds like something is rattling around. Not detonation, but it could be the beginning of rod knock, or a valve issue (never dealt with an OHV engine before). I have a CEL on that I need to have checked... again, no money to fix anything, so there's no use in wondering what it is! Probably an o2 sensor. It's not constant.

All I've done so far has been HIDs (need to get a harness for it before I burn out the wiring), slotted rear rotors, and 04 GP brakes up front (1" larger diameter... same caliper as my 02, just needs a bracket and rotor). Ceramic pads all around.

Comment

When your merging is the check engine light on? If it is it sounds like the motor isn't going into "open loop", and is almost going into a "limp mode"....WOT requires all of the emissions equipment to work....or at least the key ones....If you plan on keeping that thing.....I would buy a "scan master"....it's worth every penny....monitoring your KR would be a good start too....you never know how much knock retard the car is using with high mileage....those things with age get false knock like a MOTHER....

UN-fucking what someone else did is the reason why I didn't buy one....people just BEAT those things....and the ones that were taken care of would have thier owners BURIED in them....ha ha...I would too if I had a nice one....those are bitchin cars.....

I drove one of those once that ran mid 13's.....it had TQ steer for days....I ALMOST drove that thing into the curb....HA HA....I had never heard of a GTP before I drove this guys....YEAH...suprised the CRAP outa me......that guy couldn't stop laughing in the passenger seat.....
                    Last edited by JeRM82; 02-08-2008, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah, being a Honda guy, I was going to buy a CL-S... The GTP was more fun to drive, and I liked how it was laid out much better. I wonder if I'd still feel that way...

The power loss happened a few times, with the CEL on and off... I haven't had it happen with the traction control off though.

Mine only had 48k on it when I got it last March... I just rolled over 89k last week. I drive a lot for work!

Comment

a CL-S? No way man.....those are nice cars and all, if all you want is to put gas in it and be comfortable.....or buy a honda because of how good thier quality is.....if you want to go fast (like smog legal low 13's on pump gas), and don't worry about driving a four door car that isn't stick shift.....I TOTALY dig the fact that you can drive away from a N/A RSX with a full back seat in a GTP......not to pick on that car.....just an example......dig the over 300ftlbs of TQ on those things at the TIRES with under 2 grand's worth of parts.....and thats without a cam.....

http://www.intense-racing.com/Mercha...y_Code=3800_PP

Comment

Working...
                        X