Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How reliable is this setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325whp is plenty for a FWD street car. More than that, and you're gong to have some definite traction issues!

Sleeving a block costs anywhere from $1000-$1500, unless you have some good connections. I've seen some group deals on Honda-Tech in the past.

For cams, I would look for any "turbo" grind from aftermarket manufacturers... or sell the R cams and go back to milder cams, like the B18C1 cams. They aren't made for turbo either, but they are likely to have less overlap (most efficient economy cams have less overlap... the GSR isn't exactly an economy car, but it's definitely intended for the more casual driver than a Type R anything!)

Comment

Re

Yeah that what I thought too. 325WHP is alot of power. Im going to look inot cams for it. And definitely sell the Type R's. Would like it sleeved eventually as well.
      Off Topic- But do you think it would be beneficial to install the intake manifold that comes with the car? Its a custom AC full sheet metal intake manifold.

Thanks for all the info too
      1995 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed-DD and stockish
      1991 Honda Accord- H22a and lowered DD#2
      2005 SRT-4 ACR package-stock at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        325whp is plenty for a FWD street car. More than that, and you're gong to have some definite traction issues!
        lol, before that, u will have traction issues

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Yeah, very true... but beyond that, it's not a very streetable car.

Comment

re

Yeah I agree there. Much more than what it making now will make it hard to drive on the street. I may sleeve it eventually and not turn up the boost at all as well. My first mod focus at this point is really looking inot drivetrain upgrades. Im wanting to get a Limited Slip and maybe some driveshafts. Maybe also down the road swap in a Integra GSR tranny as well for the gearing. Does anyone think installing that Intake Manifold would be worthwhile, or would it not be worth it?

Comment

IM will give some gains, but honestly, do you need an extra 15hp or so that an expensive IM would give? If you want one, get it for show only.

As for LSD, this guy is making all that power and putting it down through an open differential? Wow...

For turbo, you don't want to go too short on the gears. Do some research into the transmissions before you upgrade, and get one that will keep you in your powerband the longest. Too short and you'll be shifting out of the powerband. Too long, and you'll take too long to get going.

Comment

re

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Lol I would never buy the intake manifold. It actually is getting sent with the car as part of the deal. I am actually leaning more toward selling it and buying a Limited Slip Differential instead. As you stated I am a little worried about that kind of power going through a open differential as well. No LSD due to the fact that it is an Civic. They came only with open differential.

Comment

Yeah...I would DEFINATELY sell that manifold man...I would sell it and buy some more turbo friendly cams like the BC's.....and then have it tuned....with the more turbo friendly cams you will be able to make the same amount of power at lower boost....with lower IAT's.....just make sure that you have the car RE-tuned......
                  Yes I'm a GM fan....no I don't drag my knuckles...

Comment

re

Yeah I would definitely do that for sure. Also wanting a LSD for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X