Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How safe are CB7's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How safe are CB7's?

How safe are our cars? My model only has a driver side air bag. Other than that how do they stand up to crashes? Hitting things... Getting smacked by someone... Flipping... How do our cars compare to the safety ratings of newer cars? Has anyone been in, seen, heard of, have pictures of crashes of our cars, the speeds that they were at, the story behind it, the result… etc. Did Honda produce any sort of ratings for our cars?

Lots of questions, I’m just curious.

Thanks.

psshhhh consider yourself lucky, i have a 90 accord- no air bags...

but, it wouldnt of been the best selling car in america for three years in a row if it wasnt a safe car.. you know?

Comment

They were probably one of the safest back then, but no comparison to cars now that have more side impact protection.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
        psshhhh consider yourself lucky, i have a 90 accord- no air bags...

but, it wouldnt of been the best selling car in america for three years in a row if it wasnt a safe car.. you know?

X2.......i got 91....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

if you want to see how our cars look after an accident you can take a trip out to a junk yard or a pick and pull most time you will find atleast a couple with accident damage.
          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

I usually see them in junk yards with real slight front end damage. Never really anything major. I don't know the story behind the wreck though. I don't know if the driver was doing 20 or 120 so it is really hard to tell. But I rarely see damage past the strut towers. Unless it is a side hit and those really never look bad. But like i said i don't know what happened. I saw one that rolled over once and it really didn't cave the roof that bad. I guess it went over two times according to the Junk yard owner.
            vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Compared to a modern car today, the Cb wouldnt have a big chance of survival. lower tensile steel, compared to the the current materials which are high tensile.

just compare the slender A-pillars of our CBs with the pillars from a Fit and you have a clear picture.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
              Honda Accord Euro-R
              Honda Odyssey Absolute
              Honda City I-DSi
              Honda Stream

Comment

I had a Cavalier rear-end me and all it did was crack my rear bumper lip, this was at 35mph and i was basically rolling 5mph through a river so my CAI wouldn't hydrolock. The domestic crap's front bumper had a 4.5 inch hole cut into it from my Greddy Evo exhaust and the bumper was basically falling off. My rear bumper was still intact and as i said, just the plastic underneath was cracked.

Also, when i first got my car, I backed into a Oldsmobile Intrigue and caused 1200 worth of damage in a parking lot, lol. Bent the fender, cracked the headlight, and dislodged her bumper. All that had to be done on mine was to buff out my tail light and repaint the bumper. So, CB7's are pretty tough.

As for side impacts, i do not know, but if you have ABS, an airbag and 4 wheel disc brakes like I do on my EX, then its a pretty safe car.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

eh front end can take somewhat damage. hence crumple zones.

but i would think compared to cars that age it is pretty good
                  1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

I rock a 90lx and she has no air bags, auto belts which i like, and no anti-brakes, which i dont care to much for.

If im in heavy traffic im always mentally ready for a accident. Our cb's crumble. How ever you gotta drive smart, drive no only for you, but for them and you'll make it to your destination
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I can assure from personal experience, that they WILL take a hit.

They were among the safest cars at the time they were built.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i had a 93 and 92 accord, wreked them both in the front and neither on of the air bags deployed even when i hit a pole 80mph

Comment

but seriously they are realy safe. ive done had every year and wreked it. but now ive grown up and realized i was dumb lol. and now i have the car and motor i realy want so im driving that bitch easy as a mother fucker.

Comment

Is it just me or is arcadiacb7's sig wide as the Mississippi?
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

This was a front-end collision with a 150lb whitetail deer at 55mph. Crumple zones work well, but it takes a lot of repair work.

This one was a 35mph collision with a 75lb deer. Also, the two dents on the hood behind the big one are from my hand when I was trying to get my hood latch to work.

Accord front ends aren't very rugged, but the crumple zones disperse energy very well. In both cases I hardly felt any impact inside the car.
                              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                              Short ram intake
                              Tenrai Himoto catback
                              Smashed front end
                              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                              X