Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

So why are 4th gen. Accord called CB7's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why are 4th gen. Accord called CB7's?

I'm new to this site and the the 4th gen Accord. I actually don't even have mine yet. My POS Pontiac Sunbird's engine cracked, and I'm glad to be getting a Honda. The Japanese make smaller engines soooo much better. I should be getting my 1991 Accord LX Tomorrow, or later this week.(maybe even tonite!!) The dealer is fixing the windows and getting an inspection, and then the car will be mine for $1500. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/newthrea...wthread&f=108#
    TU

So, my question is this, why are they called CB7's. I understand that the CB comes from the chassis it was built on, but where does the 7 come from? Plus, is it only a certain type of Accord allowed to be called a CB7?
    Last edited by Crusty Crayon; 01-07-2008, 10:20 PM. Reason: Miss posted in the wrong category of threads

CB was the chasis, 7 was just the randomly assigned number designation for a USDM Sedan/Coupe. There's no real meaning behind the 7 that I know of, outside of being a model designation.

Comment

Booyah! another member for the cb's. Welcome to the site though, props on getting the cb7 . That's about the same price I paid for mine too (sadly I had to put a whole different engine in ) But im not sure but yea cb is the chassis, that 7 in it is basically to distinguish it from other international models.

cb7 = american
      cb3 = japan/euro models
      cb9 = 90 - 93 accord station wagons..
      My Black "H"
      AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

yup and the Cb7 is only the coupe Sedan of the 90-93 Accord Dx lx and ex and Se........

Comment

The Accord Family was designated the 'C' chassis code from the 3rd gen CA.

and it went on to CB (4th gen,SM4), CD/CE (5th gen, SV4), then the CF/CG/CH (6th gen, S84, S86, S8x) then the CL/CM (7th gen, UA1), altho some letters overlap in generations (the CL1/2 was a 5th gen, having the S8x model code, has no relation to the CL7/CL9 and the CF2 was the SV4 H22a wagon.

confusing? not at all

theres a thread somewhere of the various CB variants. somewhere around here

ooh, welcome to the family

EDIT: why is this in beginner appearance?
          Last edited by blizzard335; 01-07-2008, 01:39 PM.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
          Honda Accord Euro-R
          Honda Odyssey Absolute
          Honda City I-DSi
          Honda Stream

Comment

Welcome to Cb7.

Make sure you pay attention to where you create threads as this does not belong here.

As has been said, its just a code...there is no national treasure here lol.

Comment

Sorry, I thought that is where this would go. Thanks for the Info, I'll post my car pick on this post as soon as I get it.

Comment

Welcome to the family.
                Originally posted by 92dm
                I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                VOUCHES
                Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

I guess I can salvage some of my pride, and ask about these lights I found on craigs list. http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/526751643.html these are fourth gen lights right? I told the them I would buy the lights if they were.

Comment

yea man.... just remember though the longer you own that CB of yours the more your taste will change. think about it when you pick up the headlights

Comment

Light output on those eBay projector-style headlights is absolute crap. Stick with your stock headlights and think about retrofitting a set of real HID projectors.
                      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end
                      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Are their any other aftermarket headlights that put out good light? People might like the stock lights, but I don't know how much I do. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice CB7's on here, but a lot of them look completely stock. I am thinking about buying an bodykit with an R33 front end to go with the lights. After a body kit, the stock lights may not look as nice.
                        Last edited by Crusty Crayon; 01-07-2008, 10:16 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Crusty Crayon
                          Are their any other aftermarket headlights that put out good light? People might like the stock lights, but I don't know how much I do. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice CB7's on here, but a lot of them look completely stock. I am thinking about buying an bodykit with an R33 front end to go with the lights. After a body kit, the stock lights may not look as nice.
                          depends on your taste man but as the other guy says after u have ur cb7 for a while you will notice why its better and how you are completely wrong when you say completely stock......and also yeah they do suck on light output if u want something that dont look stock try doing projector retrofit do a search aight....

Comment

I'm new too this is my first time posting pic here
                            http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...0AcOGLRwzcuWOg

Comment

Originally posted by ghost007
                              I'm new too this is my first time posting pic here
                              http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...0AcOGLRwzcuWOg
                              LOL

whats happening with the world today?

your post shouldnt be here man.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                              Honda Accord Euro-R
                              Honda Odyssey Absolute
                              Honda City I-DSi
                              Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                              X