Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Honda Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Tuning

Aright just got my new Honda Tuning magazine...

who here is sick of seeing the same civics with the same b16's and b18's and integra's and s2000's all over the place? I almost lol'd when i flipped throuigh the featured cars and it's like they all have the same engine, all have the same body kits, the same "JDM" look

I don't know, as Peter Griffin would say "It just Grinds my Gears"

^^click it or ticket^^

Originally posted by CB7lx91
    I don't know, as Peter Griffin would say "It just Grinds my Gears"
    lol

But I do have to agree with you on this though
    R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

yeah a real cb7 gonna be on there. i mean there are so many to chooose from this site alone, show them wat a real honda is made of.
      OLD

Comment

hopefully. It's just boring to see the same cars over and over again. Like sure it costs a lot of money to build a JDM turbo'd b16, but where's the originality? Someday cp[mike] or aw shiet or someone will be featured. Like Stickydiljoe

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

x2. i have 4 honda tuners on my table in the living room, they all have either a crx, teg or civic of some sort. dont get me wrong i love those cars but come on.... there are a lot more than that.

its happened once before, all it takes is sending your pics and good stories... once my cars get fresh paint and new interior im gonna send in mine.

Member Ride Facebook
          XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

How many of you guys have actually sent in pictures and stories about your cars?? probably none. Hence why cb7s are not being featured. You have to play to win.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

probably by this coming summer i will send my pics and stories of my car in to a few magazines.

Mr.Phil: "FitMoHoesInMyFoDO"
              Young jeezy:If you ain't talking about money then you ain't talkin bout Shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                How many of you guys have actually sent in pictures and stories about your cars?? probably none. Hence why cb7s are not being featured. You have to play to win.
                Yeah you have to play to win, but to win you're gonna need to have some hella good pictures to get into Honda Tuning - trust me, I know.
                R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Stickydiljoe was on the cover of Honda Tuning, and his car was actually in a fairly mild state compared to where it is now.

I talked to him about it, and he said that really all you have to do is make yourself noticed. If your car is clean, well put together, and has some noteworthy attributes (rare parts, lots of power, cool custom work... or better yet, an even balance of thd 3) then a magazine will take interest. The West Coast people are featured most because they're out in the middle of the magazine hubbub... but people from anywhere in the country, or even the world, can be noticed if they just let themselves be known!

If you want some tips on getting in a magazine, talk to stickydiljoe. He could probably give plenty of advice, and he'd be willing to help someone who was serious, I'm sure. He hates people who don't want to work for something, and he can't stand people that are jealous of others who HAVE worked hard for what they have... but I'm sure he'd be willing to help someone who was dedicated.

Comment

Well Honda Tuning didn't take my car because it didn't have a good enough "rig shot" and my car is one of a kind right now. I had a photographer from Louisville come to take pics of my car. My da has all three things that you're talking about Mike. I guess Honda Tuning is all about the "rig shot" as of right now. Oh well, it'll be in another mag.

Comment

[QUOTE=UrDoneSRH]x2. i have 4 honda tuners on my table in the living room, they all have either a crx, teg or civic of some sort. dont get me wrong i love those cars but come on.... there are a lot more than that.

your right about that though. i mean come on, its suppose to be "Honda tuning" magazine not civic & integra tuning magazine. there are other types of Honda vehicles that are either show worthy or was done in such a unique way that they deserve to be featured.
                      my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
                      MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

i had a possible feature for honda tuning, i was just lacking an engine bay. but its all good, i wouldnt want to spend an extra 2gs to swap a motor just because i want a feature.

the car has to be well balanced to be in a magazine, and since H-T HQ is in southern california its basically anyone whos closer to that area will get better chances of gettin in the magazine. Why? cause its easier to interview the person, do photoshoots with the car etc etc...

my cousin is being featured in H-T and i set him up with sticky. Sticky is a good friend of mine and a local. and my cousin, is my cousin... haha his car has came up. look for a turbo white ep hatch in the next few months.

Comment

Some magazines have East Coast contributors, though. I know Super Street always mentions their EC guy when they have a car featured over here.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cord
                            Well Honda Tuning didn't take my car because it didn't have a good enough "rig shot" and my car is one of a kind right now. I had a photographer from Louisville come to take pics of my car. My da has all three things that you're talking about Mike. I guess Honda Tuning is all about the "rig shot" as of right now. Oh well, it'll be in another mag.

I think it's also harder to get featured for a car you didn't build. No offense but it's really hard to write a story about a car that was just purchased from another guy who built it. I know the build and I know of the original person who built it. And that DA was underwraps for a long time cuz there was an agreement that it would be "exclusively" featured by some secret magazine. That would probably hinder other publications from attempting to feature it.

For everyone else, it basically comes down to what people want to see. You can talk about the issue to death but at the end of the day, the people that are reading the magazines are mostly civic and integra owners, or owners of a more popular platform. Think of it as a national publication instead of a niche mag. Say you have Playboy for instance, they could feature fat chicks or girls that don't match the Playboy-model, but what it comes down to is people want to read Playboy for what they've been putting out for years. Sure there are Accords out there that deserve features, but for every 1 Accord, there are probably 5-6 Civics/Integras that also deserve a feature, so it comes down to who's more accessible and who fits the style of the magazine. Plus if you're in the middle of nowhere, it's very hard to pay someone to fly out there just to shoot any car, Accord or not. Magazine's don't have huge budgets like fashion mags where people can be sent all over the world.
                            Last edited by StickyDilJoe; 12-26-2007, 06:44 PM.
                            www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

well i already know the cb that will be on there and maybe in many more magazine's. dont know the display name, but its the member who has the "k series" project.

so many accord on this site could show up on that magazine, Come on man stop hating on our cars they look as good if not better hooked up then the other guys!

CB7 4-life

Comment

Working...
                              X