Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AWD conversion for 350z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWD conversion for 350z?

So my bro in WA asked me if it was possible to do an AWD conversion on a 350z. I told him it would probably be more trouble than it's worth....thoughts?

DUH!, Everyone knows you can make a 350z AWD...
    Fisrt you buy a forsale sign, then sell the car and buy something AWD!

So i guess it can be done!
    -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
    newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
    newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
    newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Originally posted by Catch-22
      So my bro in WA asked me if it was possible to do an AWD conversion on a 350z. I told him it would probably be more trouble than it's worth....thoughts?

maybe, considering the G35x is AWD. might be bolt on, but I won't bet on it. Y not just buy a G35X

looks like there's a lot going on in there.
      DEVOTE

Comment

haha....thanks man. JUN auto mechanic did it by cannibalizing a skyline, but I think your method might turn out better.

Comment

yeah, I can't even imagine trying to buy components of the G35x suspension and drivetrain piece by piece...probably would be cheaper to just buy the whole car anyway.

I'm going on the assumption that he already owns the car though, with no option to opt out in favor of the G35x.

so he might be SOL....I'll just tell him to man up, sell it, and save for the new Nissan GT-R

Comment

Since the G35 and the Z use the same FR platform, in theory the G35X AWD drivetrain could work. From what I've seen the ATTESA system in it isn't sport-oriented, it's more suited to cold weather traction control. If you could design it so it's on most of the time, it'd help put power to the ground, but the stock system will usually work only coming out of corners.

Comment

Yeah, being on the same platform, I would think the G35's AWD would be able to be put on a 350Z... I'm sure it wouldn't be direct, and there would be some fabricating necessary... but I don't think it'd be TOO hard.

Comment

its been done. a shop over on my350z posted it a while ago! pretty interesting
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Out of curiosity, why does your brother want to add AWD? 350Zs are kinda heavy already.
                  Originally posted by TurboZach
                  Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

Comment

With an unlimited budget, anything is possible.

I would agree, the G35X would be a nice donor platform, but why would you want to swap to an AWD 350Z?

I did see a newer Eclipse with the EVO drive train that kicked major ass. Very reminiscant of the old DSM Eclipses.

Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE - garage queen
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex - daily beats

Comment

Originally posted by Joey
                      Out of curiosity, why does your brother want to add AWD? 350Zs are kinda heavy already.
                      Only a hundred away from an evo IX....heavy, but about average.

Comment

i'm going on the assumption that he's got a 350 already...his girlfriend is loaded, and it's christmas... bastard. he wants an AWD car, and he can't exactly sell his present...so there you go. besides....it could be fun

Comment

Working...
                        X