Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What should be my new whip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a friend who did the tradeschool thing in Arizona, and he was telling me that he saw more RSX motors with rods through the block than anything else for the 2 years he was there.

I'd go 92-96 SI VTEC Prelude, or maybe the SI Prelude with the H23 and boost it...
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

pre-owned '02 - '04 Mercedes Benz S500 ;-)

Comment

If your gonna get a damaged car for cheap, look for a s2000

Comment

If you're doing a full motor build, get a rear wheel drive vehicle.

My recommendation is to pick up a 92-95 Lexus SC300 (OBD1) and NA-T it or drop a Toyota Soarer 1JZ into it. Older SC300s can be purchased for as cheap as $3000 and it makes a great foundation as a project car. The 2JZ-GE motor is very similar to the 2JZ-GTE monster from the Supra and can handle immense amounts of boost with a thicker head gasket. Plus, the majority of Supra parts will bolt right into the SC.

Other than that, 240sx, while played out, are nice foundations for a custom build.

Lexus SC300 1JZ-GTE - garage queen
          1991 Honda Accord Ex - daily beats

Comment

get the CB. drop a K24 block w/ k20 head. ITBs and call it a day.

Comment

Ultimately you have to ask yourself what do you want out of the car. Street, daily, track or drift? FWD or RWD? 4 or 6 cylinders? Oh and don't forget cost. BTW as much as I love Supras and RX7's, they are darn near hard to find used let alone wrecked. Maybe a 3rd gen Supra I believe 86.5 through 92 and 2 gen RX7's can handle some strange swaps such as the VG30DE 300zx motor and Chevy and Ford V-8s www.grannysspeedshop.com. SC300's have to be swapped most of the time for a manual and the ones's that are cheap are high mileage.

Comment

I have a cb7 and my ex had a rsx -s. They are soooo much fun! ultimately its up to you, but I loved that rsx it really was a fun car to drive. Fast and great pickup!

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

they are fun as hell to drive, i may just wait till i get out of college to buy one, but i really think i might build the turbo monster, hopefully while i am in college i can get the whole engine re-built and ready for boost, i wanna see around 360 whp or 400 whp, thats my goal, tha would give a c5 corvette a run for its money

Comment

Depends on your personal preferences. I suggest driving both cars and decide from there.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

if you have enough money for an RSX-S, buy a RX-7 (only two letters off of CB7)

Originally posted by zack_odom
                      Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X