Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

free money, clear conscience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free money, clear conscience

okay, get this, one of my old smoking buddies from high school, one of my best friends from back forever ago is gonna start selling on a grander scale than i have ever seen him before. i odn't really smoke anymore, quit senior year, because i realized that shit was about to get real and i needed to buck up in school. i don't really want him to, but if it's what he wants to do, i can't stop him. i've tried to get him to step out of the game and move on to a responsible adult path, but he doesn't see much problem with sitting around smoking pot all night and working his ass off building shipping crates, and selling on the side.

well last night, i was hanging out just talking to him cuz i hadn't seen him in a few and he says, 'hey man, i got a pound today.' no way, that's ridiculous, he's kidding. 'yeah man, i got a pound over there in the blue box. hand it to me'. so i give it to him and he opens it, and there it is, the absolute largest amount of weed i have ever seen. so we get to talking and evidently he shelled out 1400 and is planning to turn around and make at least 3x that in two weeks. then he made me an offer that i just can't get around and i need some opinions.

So. i have the opportunity to make about $200 every two weeks. All i have to do is front $200 and then sit pretty. now, while i'd love to do this, i don't know i feel comfortable doing so, because i would be giving the money to a dear friend that is doing something i don't think they should do. at the same time, i know that he will not stop selling until he feels that he has been successful enough in his venture to just quit. he wants to ' make and few stakcs and buy a decent car' as he put it. so, i'm assuming he'll be in it for a few months at least.

now the question is, do i just put in my little share and make a bit of money while he gets it out of his system or do i tell him to get bent and feel like shit while he ignores me, continues to sell and basically makes alot of money anyway? keep in mind all i have to do is give him two benjamin's and sit around. Also, this isn't me financing a coke dealer or anything, he's just selling weed. The guy is basically a pothead with a connection and a chance to make the profit.

so, cb7tuner, what's the verdict? also, aside from NARCing him out, anyone got a take on how i could maybe convince him to get out of the game. at this rate and his type of thinking, it's loooking like blue lights are the only thing that i can use to put the brakes on him.

i'm especially looking for some input from some of the more senior members with more life experience or anyone who has dealt with the sme kind of thing in their own life.
    Last edited by RHondatheHonda; 12-08-2007, 05:39 PM.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?- Epicurus

if thats ya boy like that then do it for ya b0y...
    so he just givin u 100 a week to chill?? as long as u man enough not to get caught up in it then u good!
    USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
    WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

If you're funding it, you can get in trouble yourself... I had a friend that I was in a band with for a short time, and he proposed a similar idea to get the band off the ground...

Honestly, it's not THAT bad... but it's illegal. If he gets in and out, and never gets caught, then it could be fine for both of you.

However, if he gets caught, you both go down.

Worse, he could get caught up in the world. It's easy money, and a "good" life while it works... but you get money involved, and it's not a chill environment anymore. People get killed in that business. He sounds ambitious, and ambitious people often don't make it out in one piece.

Talk to him. Try to talk him out of it if you don't want to support him. Don't give him money, and maybe he won't be able to continue with it. You could narc on him, but that would cost your friendship, most likely... of course, his life or freedom could be at stake otherwise... it could turn out to be a good thing to narc!

It's up to you. Do what you feel best about doing.

Comment

yeah, that's about how i saw it. it's not THAT bad, but it COULD end up becoming bigger and bigger. he doesn't want to stay in the scene selling for too long because he doesn't want to get too noticed. he knows so many people, he won't have a pound for longer than two weeks tops. he's gonna be in the burbs around here and i can tell you right now, he will be the biggest holder in the entire community. The whole thing just makes me think of that movie about George Jung, 'Blow'.

the cops would kill to know about something that big going down in this town. they abuse the power they get and ignore actual citizen complaints. the only thing they try to concern themselves with is something that could earn them a spot in the paper or an award. hell one of them got promoted and suspended in the same week. he was probably the worst police officer on the entire force. they put him on the k-9 unit and he left his dog in the car while he ate for free in a restaraunt. the dog died and the city blew it off. Said it was an accident and bought another one. then like 3 or 4 months later that dog 'got sick and died'. they gave this guy a promotion. Then he totals two police cars. on the last wreck, he almost ran over a 16 year old on a four wheeler who was on private property with permission, because he thought the kid was trespassing. he arrested the kid for fleeing and tried to blame the kid for making him wreck his car over a four foot dirt hill at about thirty miles and hour. but the kids parents were gonna file suit on the city so they fired the cop. he was the worst on the force, but the most of them are pretty similar. i think i met about two or three that i could respect and they were all retired from other cities or had worked in big cities before they came here.

anyway, end rant.

i'm pretty sure i'm not gonna go in. i've been thinking about it since late last night and while i want to be in, i just don't think i have it in me to be a part of something that has all the potential to get all the players 10 years. i'll just steer clear of the conversation if it comes up again, or just tell him he can do waht he wants as long as i don't have to be involved. i just started school up, i'm doing well and in about three and a half years, i'll enter the job market aged 22, making about 50-60 thou base. i don't need 200 bucks to throw the rest of my life away.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?- Epicurus

Comment

Yeah, and if you get a drug charge (and no matter how distant, you're still technically dealing), it'll screw up your career opportunities for life!

Try to talk him out of it, and don't help him do it... Other than that, it's up to you. You could lose a friend either way if it goes wrong... if you narc, or if he gets killed/locked up. If he's lucky, he won't get caught... and he'll get out as soon as he gets to where he needs to be. It sounds that he has a good plan (as good as that can be), but when the money comes in, and there's no trouble in the beginning... he'll have a hard time walking away. Who wants to go back to making $300-$500 a week at a 9-5 when you can make $2000 a week for far less work! (my current job is like that... totally legal, but good money, easy work... and not very stable. if it falls apart, it's going to be hard putting in the hours i used to do at other jobs!)

Comment

Turn him in
            wat?

Comment

He hasn't done anything illegal yet (well, at least not on the scale he's planning, it seems)

If you turn him in, he'll be given a record (or more of a record). A drug record will limit his chances to find a good job... that means his options will be selling drugs again.

It's not a great idea to turn him in... unless you REALLY think he's in danger. If it's the only way to get him out of it, then do it... but don't start with that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                He hasn't done anything illegal yet (well, at least not on the scale he's planning, it seems)

If you turn him in, he'll be given a record (or more of a record). A drug record will limit his chances to find a good job... that means his options will be selling drugs again.

It's not a great idea to turn him in... unless you REALLY think he's in danger. If it's the only way to get him out of it, then do it... but don't start with that.
                Tell him, that he needs to get serious, Stop it while you can, I'd rather turn you in then have some pig lie and get you deep
                wat?

Comment

yeah, i'm definitely not in. i'm gonna remove myself from the situation and tell him he needs to get rid of it and call it quits. i can't just tell him to smoke it all cuz he'd end up brain dead in the end, but i'm just gonna tell him that it's a one shot deal. i'm just gonna tell him to get out while he can. money's good but it's way less important than life and being free.

thanks all, i just needed to get the opinions of people who were completely on the outside looking in. i was already on my way to the right decision but you guys went ahead and pushed that extra bit.

good ole cb7tuner!

Comment

Free Money = FusionCash.net

look in my Signature only 3 days work and only maybe 1 or 2 hours A DAY!!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Thanks Chris.

"get rich quick" programs are now banned from this site. I'm sick of seeing the whoring of such things. It has gotten out of hand. It's done.

Comment

I have a buddy from my last year at college.....During our college time together he was selling....but not really on a grand scale....It was usually by the half-quad or by the gram so its not like he was making big bucks on it...

Now that we no longer live in rez (i also dont live with him) hes picking shit up by the pound and its usually gone within a week.....Hes never going to go back to a real job....The moneys too easy....he also views it as his buisiness though....Whenever I visit him he talks to me about his clients and shit and how much profit he makes if certain things happen....Its crazy

My point is though that if your buddy is serious about getting into the game of dealing hes not gonna want to get out of it....The money is there....The money is mad easy to make.....and in reality if hes dealing just weed he will stay relatively clear in terms of police attention....Cops dont really care about weed as long as your not growing it (around here anyways)...

Make sure that he doesnt get into coke or shit like that though....a) cops notice coke dealers and b) its hard to not snort your product then get the shit beat out of you when you dont pay.....Ive seen both happen

Also to answer your question about fronting the money....I personally would do it....Im all about money....though I would never deal drugs myself.....Just make sure it doesnt go farther than weed and make sure your name stays out of any conversation and your good.....but your buddies probably not gonna grow up right now though if hes planning on dealing....no matter how much you tell him to or want him to.

Sorry for the long post lol

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

yeah, i'm pretty sure i'm not going in with him. i told him the other night that i had no problem with it, i just hoped he got out before it really screwed his life up. it may end up happening though. one of his friends from high school, found out he got that big shipment and started to tell everyone. he meant well, trying to advertise, but he was telling people he had a pound. that's just dangerous to let word get out like that.

it sucks, cuz he was like a brother to me for years, then he got this nasty-ass girlfriend and things went to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by RHondatheHonda
                            okay, get this, one of my old smoking buddies from high school, one of my best friends from back forever ago is gonna start selling on a grander scale than i have ever seen him before. i odn't really smoke anymore, quit senior year, because i realized that shit was about to get real and i needed to buck up in school. i don't really want him to, but if it's what he wants to do, i can't stop him. i've tried to get him to step out of the game and move on to a responsible adult path, but he doesn't see much problem with sitting around smoking pot all night and working his ass off building shipping crates, and selling on the side.

well last night, i was hanging out just talking to him cuz i hadn't seen him in a few and he says, 'hey man, i got a pound today.' no way, that's ridiculous, he's kidding. 'yeah man, i got a pound over there in the blue box. hand it to me'. so i give it to him and he opens it, and there it is, the absolute largest amount of weed i have ever seen. so we get to talking and evidently he shelled out 1400 and is planning to turn around and make at least 3x that in two weeks. then he made me an offer that i just can't get around and i need some opinions.

So. i have the opportunity to make about $200 every two weeks. All i have to do is front $200 and then sit pretty. now, while i'd love to do this, i don't know i feel comfortable doing so, because i would be giving the money to a dear friend that is doing something i don't think they should do. at the same time, i know that he will not stop selling until he feels that he has been successful enough in his venture to just quit. he wants to ' make and few stakcs and buy a decent car' as he put it. so, i'm assuming he'll be in it for a few months at least.

now the question is, do i just put in my little share and make a bit of money while he gets it out of his system or do i tell him to get bent and feel like shit while he ignores me, continues to sell and basically makes alot of money anyway? keep in mind all i have to do is give him two benjamin's and sit around. Also, this isn't me financing a coke dealer or anything, he's just selling weed. The guy is basically a pothead with a connection and a chance to make the profit.

so, cb7tuner, what's the verdict? also, aside from NARCing him out, anyone got a take on how i could maybe convince him to get out of the game. at this rate and his type of thinking, it's loooking like blue lights are the only thing that i can use to put the brakes on him.

i'm especially looking for some input from some of the more senior members with more life experience or anyone who has dealt with the sme kind of thing in their own life.

$100 a week isn't even close to being worth the risk. You would be stupid to even get involved.

It is his life, he must choose his own path.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

peronally i would do it. Just make sure you names not involved with anything.

I dont really get what your risking. i mean how do you know what the money is for? You dont know anything. All you know is, hes borrowing from and and paying me back with interest

Plus tree is a low risk thing.

And he shouldnt be talking all like that. He should have main guys to sell to, no one else.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                              X