Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sterring wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sterring wheel

alright well i was talking to one of my freinds and he said that if i changed my stock sterring wheel and put a spoon one or any after market it would be illegal because it doesnt have an air bag but our cars dont have any so is it illegal to install one of those after market wheels?

Don't listen to your friend
    wat?

Comment

so is it illegal

Comment

if your car has an airbag in the steering wheel stock, it is technically illegal to take it out, but i have seen plent of mini-truck guys get away with it. they pay plenty of other fines, but i dont think that was one.
        now, if your car is stock with no airbag, go right ahead with no worries!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

thanks man

Comment

The bottomline:

90-91 CB7's came without airbags
            92-93 CB&'s came with driver side airbags (SE models came with passenger side airbags as well)

Cops are too stupid to know/figure out which year and model cars came with or without airbags.

I have a Momo Corse on my 92 EX-R and never got bothered for it. Countless muffler and tint tickets. Even two "Motor vehicle - no horn" tickets. But never got asked about the airbag. Also my SRS light is always on in my cluster.

Go ahead and get your aftermarket steering wheel, and enjoy! Don't worry about cops, tell them to go fight real crime!

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
              Don't listen to your friend
              x2

*Needs*
              -New shocks
              -Struts
              -Drop
              -Cleaning
              -New Tires/Wheels
              -New Window Tint
              -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

1. It is illegal.
                2. People still do it anyway.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Even if you do get pulled over and the cop gives you shit for it, you can always tell him that you've been in a previous small 5mph accident and the airbag blew so you replaced the steering wheel and didn't have enough money for a "OEM" replacement which is always expensive than aftermarket anyways.....especially with honda genuine parts.
                  I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                  "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I had an steering wheel set up for about a year and two cops pull me over for different reasons and none of them seemed to care for my steering wheel... I don't even think they notice it...

Comment

Cops won't notice it. An inspection station will, if you have to get your car inspected on a regular basis (here in NJ, it's every 2 years... used to be every year). 90-91 should be ok because they did not have them in the first place. 92-93 would be illegal, as said above. MOST of those wheels are probably marked with a "not for use on public roads" label anyway.

C91BLX7, why should he not listen to his friend? I really want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote

C91BLX7, why should he not listen to his friend? I really want to know.
                        Because I don't listen to mine?, jk

it was because ive seen alot of people with after market wheels, not knowing 100% sure if its illegal, I should have resarched before posting
                        wat?

Comment

In the Beginner Forums, please do not give advice unless you are 100% certain. In fact, please do not give ANY advice if you are not 100% certain. I know it's bad advice, but to a new member, some guy with 1000+ posts (even if they were in the span of 5 months) might seem like someone to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            In the Beginner Forums, please do not give advice unless you are 100% certain. In fact, please do not give ANY advice if you are not 100% certain. I know it's bad advice, but to a new member, some guy with 1000+ posts (even if they were in the span of 5 months) might seem like someone to believe.

now deev, would an insurance company drop you if you did this to a 9293? say you were to get in a wreck, they are always notified if the airbag deployed correct? not that i would change my wheel but i thought it might be a decent question to ask!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                            X