Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no outlet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no outlet?

whats the difference between a dead end and no outlet?

ive always wondered about that.

^^^^ me trying to kill myself after i saw the gas prices.

MY H22 COUPE ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=75025

I dunno...

Comment

lol ya i had this one theory about one time but it flew out the window one day.

^^^^ me trying to kill myself after i saw the gas prices.

MY H22 COUPE ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=75025

Comment

Originally posted by ignatsh22
        lol ya i had this one theory about one time but it flew out the window one day.
        Out the window, or out your outlet???

Comment

Dead End sounds morbid. No Outlet is a bit more... contemporary? All new signs are No Outlet.

I think they should all say "You can't get out this way, and you're going to look like a dumbass turning around because you ignored this sign!"

I want to get a One Way sign and put it at the head of a No Outlet road

Comment

I always thought dead end was on singular roads as where no outlets was when that road lead to others which still didn't have an exit anywhere like housing complexes.
            1993 Honda Accord LX-T
            Plans
            Dsm turbo set-up
            jdm racing sparcos 15''
            es 2.5 muffler
            jdm 1pc lights
            skunk 2 coil-overs/kyb gr2

Comment

From what I have seen, NO outlet means it is a 2 way street with only one entrance. So at the end of the street there is One entrance but you can't get out. My street is like that.

Dead end is just the street ends in both direction.

Comment

Nah, same thing... just Dead End is old terminology. You won't find a brand new Dead End sign in most areas (maybe some areas still use it... but not here)

Comment

Yea its probably newer terminology because if you say dead end to seom people they might think of something else especially if they are not from here lol. So they probably changed it for no outlet for easier communication. Either way looks like they mean the same to me. My friends place says no outlet.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

No i dont think it is terminology actually......Bruno got it right.

Dead end means the road your on is capped off on one end.

No outlet means the road your on leads to other roads but there is no outlet to get back to main roads.

They still use Dead end signs....its two different meanings.

Edit here is a pic.

Last edited by Ralphie; 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Maybe it's different in other areas. Around here, Dead End signs are all ancient. No Outlet signs are used for all types of non-through streets.

Comment

pretty sure their the same thing.
                        jointheECHELONehtnioj
                        -89 CRX dx(sold)
                        -90 CRX Si(sold) and missed
                        -93 Cx Hatch(sold)
                        -91 CRX Si B18 mint(sold)
                        -94 Prelude Si (sold)
                        -92 Boosted hatch (sold)
                        -91 CRX Si secret (current)
                        "Whoa. Tightest BB4 EVAR! Bump! Thumbs Up"

Comment

LOL they are not the same thing.

Say it out loud......dead end.........no outlet.

Dead end simply means the street your on ends at the other end.

No outlet means the road your on may lead to other roads but those roads have no exit, so to exit the development youd have to come back to where your at now.

Comment

Working...
                          X