Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

k20 or k24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k20 or k24

i was wondering if it could be possible to drop a k20 or a k24 of course i kno i would need new mounts. only reason why i want the k20 or k24 is because my boy is gettin a srt4 engine turbo and i want to be able to keep up with him and because i dont want to be like everyone else putting h22 engines i want somthing fast....

the h22 makes the same power as the SI k20 and the type-s h22 makes the same power as the type-r k20. but if you've got roughly 10gs to just lay down go ahead and do the k20 swap and be the first to complete this on the board. but your going to need a lot more then just new mounts.....

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by ti's 92 accord
      i was wondering if it could be possible to drop a k20 or a k24 of course i kno i would need new mounts. only reason why i want the k20 or k24 is because my boy is gettin a srt4 engine turbo and i want to be able to keep up with him and because i dont want to be like everyone else putting h22 engines i want somthing fast....
      Just tell him he bought a neon, the K24 is doable, but costs alot and is alot of work, imho a H22/JDM F22B turbo would be better
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
        Just tell him he bought a neon, the K24 is doable, but costs alot and is alot of work, imho a H22/JDM F22B turbo would be better
        Also mention that neons where called plymoth breezes, and that the tiny taillights dont look very good even with a wing, and dont worrie about keeping up with a newer model factory srt4 with a 14 year old family sedan, just buy a 20 year old rx-7 for around $1500 and realy make him look bad. Cost way less than a k24/k20
        I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

just bench race him till you win.

Comment

You'd be able to buy your own SRT-4 for the cost of a K swap... too much fabrication involved, and your reasons aren't good enough to justify it.

Boost the F22A. For a third of the cost of the K swap, you'll be able to romp him.

Spend $1500 on a decent turbo setup (get a GOOD t3/t4 turbo, a decent intercooler, and a good wastegate). $2000 on engine internals (rods, pistons, sleeves), and $500 on a decent dyno tune (a shop near me will do a full tune for $500...) $4000, the cost of any decent K motor ALONE, and you'll be making 300whp minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              You'd be able to buy your own SRT-4 for the cost of a K swap... too much fabrication involved, and your reasons aren't good enough to justify it.

Boost the F22A. For a third of the cost of the K swap, you'll be able to romp him.

Spend $1500 on a decent turbo setup (get a GOOD t3/t4 turbo, a decent intercooler, and a good wastegate). $2000 on engine internals (rods, pistons, sleeves), and $500 on a decent dyno tune (a shop near me will do a full tune for $500...) $4000, the cost of any decent K motor ALONE, and you'll be making 300whp minimum.
              hell yea boost ur F22 i kno if u do it right ull be able to walk his ass

H22 comin very soon

Comment

im partial to the F22+boost

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

What would YOU know about turbo F series, Lee?

Comment

Working...
                  X