Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Head-rest-mounted camera jig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head-rest-mounted camera jig

I guess O/T is the most suitable place for this thread... Well i just finished making a mount for my camera using the headrest (I've seen others use the same approach). I used about 1/4 inch thick plastic (probably a poly of some sort) that i just had lying around. But for the screw to attach the camera, I actually used a 1$ mini-tripod i bought from the Dollar-store, and cut it down to size. I forgot to take some pics of it, but I uploaded a few video's of it in action and the jig itself

Test with subwoofer

Mount itself
    (New sig in the works )

thats fucking tight, never seen a mount like that, it seems really stable too huh?

My mirrors vibrate like that too, but I don't have a sub
    wat?

Comment

Thanks man!

Yeah, it seemed to be pretty stable when i first tried it out. I've got an older camera that takes 4 AA batteries, so it weighed it down a bit when i set the camera on it. I haven't tried it on the roads yet, but I'm sure it won't be too flexible, but i'll find out soon.
      (New sig in the works )

Comment

It looks good man, seems sturdy to me. Take a road test and post up the results

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by John Deere
          Thanks man!

Yeah, it seemed to be pretty stable when i first tried it out. I've got an older camera that takes 4 AA batteries, so it weighed it down a bit when i set the camera on it. I haven't tried it on the roads yet, but I'm sure it won't be too flexible, but i'll find out soon.
          just make sure it doesn't vibrate too much like it did with the woofer, you might want to, if you can make an identical piece and put it under it , might help
          wat?

Comment

ya if you could somehow attach another peice of plastic from the center console to the bottom of where the camera sits, i bet it would decrease the movement a lot

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
              just make sure it doesn't vibrate too much like it did with the woofer, you might want to, if you can make an identical piece and put it under it , might help

Yeah that would probably work pretty good, other than that, i also was thinking of making one that bridged the center console, and attached to one leg each of the driver and passenger head-rests. I've got plenty of the poly left, and the tripod heads only cost 1$, so i'll keep at it till i find something that works
              Originally posted by JohnD1079
              ya if you could somehow attach another peice of plastic from the center console to the bottom of where the camera sits, i bet it would decrease the movement a lot
              Hmm, I'll work on it and see if i can't find something to do that. As of right now it's a quick-release set up, i just put it in the pocket on the back of the passenger seat. If i can find a way to make it fold or something, that would definitely kill all of the vibrations.
              (New sig in the works )

Comment

Originally posted by John Deere
                Yeah that would probably work pretty good, other than that, i also was thinking of making one that bridged the center console, and attached to one leg each of the driver and passenger head-rests. I've got plenty of the poly left, and the tripod heads only cost 1$, so i'll keep at it till i find something that works

Hmm, I'll work on it and see if i can't find something to do that. As of right now it's a quick-release set up, i just put it in the pocket on the back of the passenger seat. If i can find a way to make it fold or something, that would definitely kill all of the vibrations.
                cool man, definatly keep us posted, also im sure some people would be interest in buying some
                wat?

Comment

Results (Sort of...)

Ok, so it got dark before i knew it, and i didn't get a chance to really test it, so i went for a quick drive about an hour ago. It does vibrate a little bit when bumps are hit, and there's a weird clicking noise that i can't figure out what's causing it. Either way, I'll get some daylight ones up probably early tomorrow, maybe some higher quality ones too, then work on improving it

First test drive
                  (New sig in the works )

Comment

looked good to me but i really want to see some day shots my boy has something like this in his teg its made of wood what is yours made of ?
                    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

There are a couple of diy on camera mounts in the diy section dunno how effective they are.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Mine's made of a pretty dense plastic i had lying around in the garage, in about 3 foot lenghts.

I checked out the DIY section, some of them look pretty interesting. I like the idea of having a two-piece setup that uses wing-nuts to tighten it to the headrest, as of now mine is a friction fit. I'll get more video's up later
                        (New sig in the works )

Comment

I went and took some quick shots this morning, one in 640x480, the other in 320x240. I found out what the clicking noise was, its actually something rattling inside the camera, so the mount is accoustically sound.

High quality

Low quality
                          (New sig in the works )

Comment

looks good to me like i said before. but you guys have some bumpy roads in nb now its time to get some kills
                            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Working...
                            X