Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Any Bama People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Bama People

i moved to alabama in january to go to college. i'm not new to the area because i got alot of relatives living here and i visit every now and then. I searched around the site to see if there are any active bama folks and im still unsure. i figured since we all have the same "hobby", i think i would at least try and meet new people that share the same interest. plus it wouldnt hurt knowing someone that i could learn a few things about my car either.

there was a H-T.com meet in b'ham last wekend. anyone from here go?
    [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Ahh dood!, I didnt know they had those in bham... And I missed it..O well. Yea, im basically bham to say. I live in Tuscaloosa, but go to highschool around the bham metro area. Weird, huh.. . There's a few more members on here from bama, just can think of thier names right now.. Are you going to school at UAB?
    My Black "H"
    AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

There are a handful of active bama members on the site. I've personally met and spoken to two of them.

The CB7 scene isn't that big though, but there's definitely potential. Maybe a small meet or get together would be a good way to start out and meet some people.

oh btw.... I used to live in Huntsville, AL before I moved to Dallas.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

wasnt expecting such a quick reply i'm going to lawson state in bessemer for automotive tech. i knew about the b'ham meet because of another forum i post in(clubcivic.com). i was thinking of getting a civic but evryone has one and i wanted to go a somewhat different route. as long as it was honda

yeah, a small meet would be cool, but with school starting and my job having me working 6 days a wek except sunday. it'll be hard for me to attend. maybe something on labor day weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7
          wasnt expecting such a quick reply i'm going to lawson state in bessemer for automotive tech. i knew about the b'ham meet because of another forum i post in(clubcivic.com). i was thinking of getting a civic but evryone has one and i wanted to go a somewhat different route. as long as it was honda

yeah, a small meet would be cool, but with school starting and my job having me working 6 days a wek except sunday. it'll be hard for me to attend. maybe something on labor day weekend?
          haha, well youve choosen the correct route my friend..(Civics are the foundations for ricers..lol) nah j/p But anywho, yea, that labor day weekend could be cool. I have school and practice mon - thurs. And games on Fridays. If only we could find some more bama memebers...
          My Black "H"
          AL Meet!?

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
            If only we could find some more bama memebers...
            Good luck with that! lol

I say plan on an informal mini-meet (2 or 3 members) at first, maybe even a photoshoot session. After that, post the pics and details on the forums. That should hopefully generate more interest for future meets.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

in toney, AL (near huntsville) there are probably 10 modified cb7's running around. there are a few mexicans who own a couple of the restaurants and they love the cb7. nothing wild, but a few are really clean and well put together. don't think they're really into performance mods but mostly aesthetic.

the north alabama car scene is dominated by domestics mostly. there is an up and coming tuning shop in huntsville (static x motorsports) that puts out some nice rides, but they deal with a lot of different imports. it's still a civic dominated world as far as imports go in alabama

there are some people from west GA, north FL, and a few in TN. there is this one guy from north alabama, he has a huge cock, think his last name is ducksnort or something. he once widdled a triple overhead cam head out of melted plastic and fitted it to his CB7
              "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
                haha, well youve choosen the correct route my friend..(Civics are the foundations for ricers..lol) nah j/p But anywho, yea, that labor day weekend could be cool. I have school and practice mon - thurs. And games on Fridays. If only we could find some more bama memebers...
                yeah, i dont have a free day except for sundays so that will probably be the only 2 day weekend i will have til x-mas.

Originally posted by munge
                in toney, AL (near huntsville) there are probably 10 modified cb7's running around. there are a few mexicans who own a couple of the restaurants and they love the cb7. nothing wild, but a few are really clean and well put together. don't think they're really into performance mods but mostly aesthetic.

the north alabama car scene is dominated by domestics mostly. there is an up and coming tuning shop in huntsville (static x motorsports) that puts out some nice rides, but they deal with a lot of different imports. it's still a civic dominated world as far as imports go in alabama

there are some people from west GA, north FL, and a few in TN. there is this one guy from north alabama, he has a huge cock, think his last name is ducksnort or something. he once widdled a triple overhead cam head out of melted plastic and fitted it to his CB7
                yeah, thats the first thing i notice a difference of between california and alabama. fords and chevys own this state to the fullest. in san francisco, there were more civics and integras. i think i seen maybe 3 integras since moving here and maybe 5 clean civics.

anyway, i think having a small photoshoot would bring in more people. sadly, i dont have a camera. plus with school starting, people wont have as much time as they did in the summer to go to meets/photoshoots.

Comment

anyone know a decent paint and tint shop in b'ham, al or in the surrounding area? the paint on the trunk and the top are pretty much gone. i been debating on keeping it grey(searched for th real name...Charcoal Granite Metallic Clearcoat) or painting it black. wouldnt mind alittle insight from different people

Comment

i think there is a quality import shop in vestavia hills (near b'ham)
                    "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

i'm not too familiar around that side of town. i know i could get there taking I-459 or I-65 south because i took a quick drive to the big mall in hoover.

Comment

Originally posted by AG17CB7
                        anyone know a decent paint and tint shop in b'ham, al or in the surrounding area? the paint on the trunk and the top are pretty much gone. i been debating on keeping it grey(searched for th real name...Charcoal Granite Metallic Clearcoat) or painting it black. wouldnt mind alittle insight from different people
                        yea, theres one in Midfield..( where I go to Highschool) its on the bessemer super highway, going back toward midfield. Not sure what the name is. But in the mornings, you will see a blue painted prelude at the front of the shop along with a yellow 06 or 07 mustang I believe. Also, theres a tint shop just a little before the shop i just told you about. The tint shop is next to the Midfield Motor Co. on the bessemer super highway. Usually you will see a peach colored integra with a full body kit there from the mornings to somewhere in the evenings,,,
                        My Black "H"
                        AL Meet!?

Comment

yeah, i went down there after work to talk to the guy to see how much it would be. i found the tint shop but not the paintshop. plus i was too busy concentrating on the road since it was raining. but my school is right on that road, so now i know another way to school instead of taking the freeway i also went to honda dealership thats off the center point parkway and they told me there's a shop on 1st ave north that does their cars so i might scope that out

Comment

Oh yea, my sis lives out that way in centerpoint, but I dont go out there much. I think they have alot of different shops there though. Oh yea, its called Midfield Paint and Body. And the highway your talking about is the Bessemer Super Highway..
                            My Black "H"
                            AL Meet!?

Comment

Labor Day Meet???

i got sunday and monday off. thought i had saturday but nah. anyway, any ideas on a meet/photoshoot? i will try to get a camera by saturday and try to get other people from the other forum i'm on to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X