Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Racism Still Exists...in FULL EFFECT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a screwed up situation and government..
    we do as we are told, we are manipulated in our lives by either our government or worse our families..
    it seems as through my reasearch that most of all racism starts in the home.
    when this is what your raised to believe that leaves no room for comprimise..
    maybe there will be a day when peace abounds with colors, and races....
    but humans are obsessed with money and sex...
    and wars make tons of money and development for all modern utilites and such.
    and sex- that just sells!!!... unfortunately

where people come off to judge i do not know
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

racism is just going to gradually become "culturism" or whatever the word for being prejudiced against other cultures is.

when you have a half white/half black kid raised "in a white way", then you have a half black/half white kid raised "in a black way", those 2 people are totally different.

race has never really mattered other than the cultural stigma it carried along with it. black people are different than whites, plain and simple. japanese people are different, mexicans, italians, etc.......since race is so broken down and "impure" nowadays (never REALLY was anyway, but looked the part moreso than today) cultural differences are what is left, and even though they really haven't changed, they'll be the "new racism" and it will carry on throughout time

i've went to school with black kids raised in families that made $100,000 a year, lived in suburbia, had nice houses and raised their children the same way the average suburban white family would. those kids clashed with the black kids raised in the black neighborhoods on partial welfare, etc.

it's always been about money and culture. there is something to the statement "they act white" or "they act black" in the USA.

anyone who takes the activist approach usually puts a wall up between themselves and the other races though. you can't help but push other races away when you engulf yourself in all the wrongdoing of the past and present against your race.

if you have 100 white kids and 65% were brought up to look upon other races as inferior, but the other 35% are either open-minded or just not that worried about race in the first place, you TOTALLY alienate that 35% of white kids when your race "organizes a sit in" or anything that is meant to "stick it to the white man".

it's almost impossible to do a LOT of good without having tons of resources unless you wanna create tension with the people who really aren't against you at all. when you force people to pick sides, you're doing harm.

i'd say that MOST people REALLY don't care as much, but the younger generation is still carrying on the same bullshit reasoning they were taught about prejudice. it will never go away, but if there was less of an activist, totalitarian approach to it, and if people would understand that race is by far NOT the only thing discriminated against, then some real steps could be taken to put it aside.

a lot of people need to grasp the concept that all white people ARE NOT THE SAME. there are as many different white cultures as asian cultures. a white guy from ireland is not like a white guy from south africa. they look differently, think differently, act differently, etc.

some white cultures are far less racist than others. south african white folks are probably the worst "white guys" when it comes to race, and the USA is right behind them. in other parts of the world, it's usually got more to do with religion than skin color.

it's just so close-minded and nearsighted to see a case like this and think that it's the best cause to help. open your eyes, look around, and hold a door open for someone of the opposite race, show that thuggish looking black guy the same respect you would a white collar business associate, strike up a small convo with the asian guy while you're waiting on the bus.

and DON'T BE OFFENDED WHEN OTHER RACES WON'T GIVE YOU THE TIME OF DAY, they are NOT indicative of the race. most people will at least be fake nice nowadays. take these little steps and shit will get better in a more natural, less forceful way. it's hard to force change without negative reprecussions.

and whether it's fair or not, getting through to the males of the other races is where it has to start. like it or not, they're still in power in this country and the father's feelings on certain things are what a lot of kids get pounded into their psyche.
      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

all i can say is racism will always be around no matter what we do. It human nature, for someone to stand with people with the same similarities. But i also grew up like seve said to love everyone. Hell i have more black and Asian friends then i do white. The reason for this is because they are more interested in things then what i am interested in not for color purposes. But as for peoples attire that can't really say alot. But i mean society today has people thinking that if someone wears something thug-ish or even redneck-ish hillbilly whatever you watch them. Because society and the tv make people think ok this person is going to do something cause they look like that person i saw on the news last night who killed somebody. Tv is the problem internet is the problem. They find stories and twist them into what people want to hear. Sometimes it has no truth in it but its what the people want to hear.

As for the video it was cool, learned a little bit and hope the jena 6 make it out ok. But as for the dude he looked like he was scared. lol and was too stiff not really flowing with what he had to say. But all in all good video.

See no color and you will be better off
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Racism will always be around. Hell i could even technically say im racist.

When i am with my friends the majority of our jokes are about our races and the differences, and the shit that makes us different from each other. my friends are all types of races, so i guess im not really racist, other wise, i would have a indian, aisan, black, and whatever type of friend. Even thought sterotypes do play a big role. Like i really do not like indians that own dunkin donuts, subways 7-11s and stuff like that. i have have many bad experiences with them always trying to be as cheap as possible and even trying to rip me off a couple times. This dosent mean i hate all indians, it means i hate people that are extremely cheap that own those kind of stores, it just happens that the majority of them are indian, therefore that tranfering over to "I hate indians", when i really dont.

You could say that for a lot of things. but its all stereotypes, with the majority of the race/type of person in that sterotype that changes over into "i dont like them people"

btw, no offense to anyone that reads this, i was just tryin to make a point.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

this is real....its twisted! racism makes no damn sense...but the government is twisted as well..

I dunno...I can't even comment on this issue...its pisses me off!

how the DA would say , " I could end your lives with a stroke of pen "

WTF

prejudice and racism is all over the damn world...and me personally its POINTELSS and EXTREMELY IDIOTIC!

for one person to HATE another group of people for some SMALL reason...

color...religion...or whatever DUMB reason..is just down right in the lines of sheer ignorance.
            Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 08-05-2007, 01:35 PM.
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

I signed the petiton...if any of you guys find it unfair , please do so also

http://www.petitiononline.com/aZ51CqmR/petition.html
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini

I just did, but i cant see my signature

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

i signed it but i wish people would realize that 1000 or so things just as damning to some people happened yesterday, will happen today, etc.

it's a never ending battle to make things better and most of the time, we just don't help at all.
                  ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

I signed who else...
                    accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                    ....................My New Baby
                    SOLD TO
                    ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I just signed! ...watching those vids on the Jena 6 case makes me EXTREMELY IRRITATED
                      92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:

Comment

my grandpa was a dick faced Racist... i hear it everyday, but as long as the expression is used without maliced intent "verbal racism" can be funny... just ask any African-American, Hispanic-American, Chinese-American, Japanese-American comidian... im using the politically correct names to not offend anyone on here, because my cracker ass uses black, mexican, and chinese (for all asian decent) for all ethnic groups...

anyway, racism is alive and well in EVERY part of the world, its actually quite good here, in fact the chances of you walking down the street and being killed based solely on the fact that your black is VERY slim here in the US, because in other parts of the world you are more then likely (i dont use figures like micheal moore so im going to say that youre 100 times more likely but you get to the point) to be killed for your belief in the middle east just by walking across this imaginary line...

"
                        Im not going to sit here and pretend that i know what its like to be discriminated against... im white, i have a Mohawk, i listen to rock music, i drive a boosted "Saki sipper", and by all these fucks in hick town vancouver, washington stuck in the god damn 50's (great decade for cars) im just a punk kid, disregarding the fact we live 3 miles from Portland, Oregon and putting aside im the nicest "dude" anyone could ever know...

we are all discriminated against, be it by color, size, hair cut, the shit we choose to drive, our sex, which god we pray to... i think its our ability to overcome those odds and still be the person we choose to be... whether the "law" allows us to or not...
                        I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

Waradakumi, you are black?
                          As a half black half white man, I see ALOT of racism..Even in MY OWN Family!
                          thw white (Mom's side) part of my family thinks I am a worthless n****** and want nothing to do with me, while the black side of my family thinks I have it easy because I'm half white..Bullshit! I dont hate anything in the entire world, and I only bring violence to those who bring it to me....But Racism is getting worse, the racists are getting bolder...
                          Welcome to 1955 my Brutha.

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
                            Waradakumi, you are black?
                            As a half black half white man, I see ALOT of racism..Even in MY OWN Family!
                            thw white (Mom's side) part of my family thinks I am a worthless n****** and want nothing to do with me, while the black side of my family thinks I have it easy because I'm half white..Bullshit! I dont hate anything in the entire world, and I only bring violence to those who bring it to me....But Racism is getting worse, the racists are getting bolder...
                            Welcome to 1955 my Brutha.
                            LOL yes i'm light skinned black guy I guess you can say I'm actually half japanese and black and grew up in a Japanese oriented home surrounded by mostly my Japanese relatives, my okasans friends, food and customs.

I grew up on a military base and racism never hit me until my dad retired and we moved outside of it. I was so used to being surrounded by many different cultured kids up until the 3rd grade...and then got a big shock. I didn't know where to fit in at the non-military schools at first. Funny but looking around campus, I noticed lots of ethnic groups sorta "sticked" to their own kind during lunch etc. The black community didn't except me and thought I was "weird" for being soft spoken, quiet etc. and finally I found my place amongst the asian groups at school and clubs.

I often got "Man Jiro....you sure are azn! you don't act black to me" But I always replied "how do you act black??"
                            At school it was opposite for my sister, she wasn't accepted in the black or asian groups and associated herself within the white community.

Till this day, I have more asian friends than I do any other races...not that I choose to but it's funny that I feel more at ease hanging out, eating the same foods, and sharing the same interests with them. I have probably 60% of my friends being Filipino which is funny because whenever I hang out with them and meet more of their friends, parents or relatives.... I usually get asked "Are you mestizo" or they start speaking to me in Tagalog straight off the bat. Sometimes it's funny I can reply back depending on what they say and fool them for a second. As for my black friends....it's funny that a majority of them have some sort of asian in them. Some of my good friends are "hybrids" of japanese,korean,filipino, thai, indian and black.

But anyways....I get along with everybody almost never choose my friends...they usually choose me.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                            JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                            1994 Prelude V-Tec
                            1999 CL 3.0
                            2000 Prelude
                            2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                            1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                            1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                            1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Ok..peep...look what the fuck I came across..

http://www.gse.buffalo.edu/FAS/Broml...es/hatedir.pdf

just scroll down. :

theres pages and pages of this garbage!
                              Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM.

MR Thread:

Comment

Excuse my language...but that fucken makes me sick! I can't believe how many KKK pages there are too!

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                                JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                                1994 Prelude V-Tec
                                1999 CL 3.0
                                2000 Prelude
                                2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                                1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                                1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"