Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Colbolt SS WOW!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91 DX
    wow i shouldn't have started this thread ... sorry for crossing the winds folks
    your not wrong at all for starting this thread man. no ones downing you for anything. everyone just has their opinions and some have the knowlege to back up their opinions. its nothing bad.

its always going to be work getting WHP from a car that only comes with 125-135 CRANK HP due to the fact that they werent set up for hp. more for economy.

its all on how much you want to put into your car man. i know myself i dont want to put any ONE part on my car that cost more than the car itself. so your not going to see a set of JDM rims that cost $1000 on my $800 car. lol. but thats me tho. every cb7 owner differs.

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
      I'd say save another 5 grand and get an audi a4 personally,, at least you know it was designed and made for the autobond. great technology.. and there are many others i would recomend other than chevy,,, just me 2 cents

i would LOVE to hav an Audi A4 man. shoot. boosted from the factory and MADE for speed throughout the years? theres nothing but reliabily all over it. but once again its just like a BMW. you got the money to get the car but you may have had to scrape to get it. so doesnt mean you have the money to get it fixed in case its something you cant fix yourself. and teh back yard mechanics wouldnt cut it for a $25k-$35k car thats from a complicated company like Audi, BMW, or Mercedies

Comment

yup my bud has an A4 with mods and that sucker is built like a tank.. we had to fix hail damage pdr style and it gave us 12 hrs just to remove the headliner,,, wow! thats crazzy,, but yeah his, he also had to go to georgia because thats thwe closest he could find an all wheel drive dyno. with a intake hose blowing off it ran 292 horses to the pavement,, it's pretty nice but to work on it sucks,, now the suspension was easy..
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

I doubt he'd keep up with a supra I'm looking at
          VVV Can your camera do this?? VVV

Comment

Originally posted by YouBeenSilenced
            hi, i see you have only made 5 posts.....
            well to let you in on a secret .. don't make comments like that.
            you can create a hella furry of rath from some cb7 lovers.
            as for not keeping up with the supra your looking at,, well ok...
            never once did i imply it would, you are talking about 2 totally different vehicles..
            i made the comment of the A4 because for 20 grand instead of 15 you could have a lot more dependable and faster nice ride, than the cobalt ss.

your comment doesn't make since other than to try and get something started..
            yeah it's not as fast as this viper i'm looking at,, in a magazine either.
            if your getting a supra then why did you join cb7 tuners?
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

x2
              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
              NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by YouBeenSilenced
                As everyone said what does this have to do with the topic? The only disadvantage to the supra is its weight especially the mkIII...Other than that it has enough power to pull on any accord...

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  What they said lol. NA he still wouldnt have much of a chance. base is like 145hp and run a low 16 with a good driver lol.

a cb7 DX 100% stock with full interior can do low 16s in a 1/4 with a good driver... and thats on steelies
                  white 92 ACCORD 4 door ----- dead and gone
                  tytianum grey 02 ECLIPSE GT- alive and well

Comment

Originally posted by OCR
                    a cb7 DX 100% stock with full interior can do low 16s in a 1/4 with a good driver... and thats on steelies
                    NExt thing how many good drivers have clocked that time with a DX? Ive only seen one video of one.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Uhh, there's a few misconceptions in this thread. If the guy's SS in the first post is a 2.4 liter S/C, then he did that himself. The factory SS S/C Cobalt is a 2.0 liter, with 205 hp, and is around $21,000. The 2.4 SS is a NA 171 hp engine, and runs $17,000 - 18,000 for an 07.
                      The 220 hp type S h22 is on the very high end of things. 90% or more of NA 4's are not at or over 200 hp. And the S/C SS has mild boost like most factory forced induction engines.
                      Lastly, the Cobalt is not a Cavalier. YES it replaced the Cavalier, but the Cav's last model year and the Cobalt's first are the same year (2005). They also share almost no real design similarities besides being front wheel fours from GM. The Cobalt's design is actually based on a Chevy concept car from 2001 called the Chevy SS. It was originally supposed to be a V8 sports sedan with Displacement-on-demand. The Cobalt also is from the same platform with the Saturn Ion which came out in '03.
                      And that Audi A4? The cheapest new model A4 is a 200 hp turbocharged model that is $29,000.

Comment

They have an NA SS? Damn didnt know that...Way to throw people off chevy.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

damn way to go i dint know that thought ss+s/c always

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

If It Was Na Your Wold Have Had Him , Ive Raced A Few And They Arnt Fast
                            本田**AcCoRd**本田
                            Click to see my CB7
                            '90 CRX SIR - Imported from Japan --- Daily Driver
                            '93 civic hatch -sold
                            '98 Civic H22 Turbo -sold
                            '92 Accord ExR coupe- sold
                            '96 Golf- Sold
                            '96 Bmw 328-Sold
                            '01 Civic Si-Sold
                            '99 Maxima-Sold
                            '88 Crx-Sold
                            '91 Accord H22-sold
                            '97 Civic Coupe-Sold
                            '95 Civic HB b16b-Sold
                            '93 Accord-Sold
                            '89 Prelude Si-Sold
                            '91 Crx Si-Sold
                            '93 Honda accord-Sold
                            '88 Ford Exp-Rip
                            '92 Tracker-Sold
                            and many more lol(just dont want to take all the place lol)

Comment

Originally posted by 93cord
                              If It Was Na Your Wold Have Had Him , Ive Raced A Few And They Arnt Fast
                              Doubtful. I have a '92 EX with intake and exhaust, and an NA '06 Cobalt SS. The Cobalt deffinately accelerates faster up to anything I'd be willing to do on non-highways. You've probably raced Cobalt LS's & LT's. They are NA with 145 hp.
                              Although I have no idea where the Cobalt tops out at, I've never pushed it that far. I've had 4 CB7's and they all topped out at around 130.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                                As everyone said what does this have to do with the topic? The only disadvantage to the supra is its weight especially the mkIII...Other than that it has enough power to pull on any accord...
                                Supra vs. Colbolt SS is what I was referring to.
                                VVV Can your camera do this?? VVV

Comment

Working...
                                X