Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Colbolt SS WOW!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foamypirate
    And what's not pathetic about our 125hp 2.2 liters?

you have a point ...
    The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
    Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
    He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

Yeah thats the thing but i know everyone doesnt like those cars along with the srts but they are aight i suppose but the srt's are their worst enemy. I noticed that most of the cobalt owners always regretted it, and said theshould dave gotten an srt4.

Comment

pwn
        Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

I'm sorry but my n/a 2.2 liter has 230 hp.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome

that seems a lil bit impossable with it being N/A

Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Comment

shit the domestic companies are all trying to be "tuners" now look at the colbalt ss a boosted cavalier and look at the srt4 a boosted neon, and last but not least the foucus svt a boosted focus wutthafuxup shits whack and they are all shitty cars fast sure but lets see them last as long as a honda........

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                Mods? I know of no such h22a running 230hp unless modded. Also 230hp at the crank is diff than at the wheels. You have dyno chart to show this? NA the type S has 220hp at the crank...A normal H22A will have 200hp at the crank. Both make around 160-170lb ft of torque.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
                  shit the domestic companies are all trying to be "tuners" now look at the colbalt ss a boosted cavalier and look at the srt4 a boosted neon, and last but not least the foucus svt a boosted focus wutthafuxup shits whack and they are all shitty cars fast sure but lets see them last as long as a honda........
                  They might not last a long time but they appeal to the younger crowd a lot better. Factory supercharged and turbocharged...if you think about it any FI car isnt hard to get power out of. 10x easier than an NA car. Another thing...CHEAP thats the main selling point. The power you get is basically bang for the buck. The only complaint I have seen on srt4 or the owners I talked to have been the suspension. The SVT focus was NA. It only had 170hp or some crap like that when it came out. It wasnt made for a straight line more like autocross track. They did decently well. The Colbalt SS is nice 170hp supercharged and wont take much to make it fast as already pointed out. Dodge Srt4 has factory packages Mopar stage 1/2/3 and its covered by warranty...So saying there shit is whack is just ignorance. They have a good aftermarket and the aftermarket/dealer supports them pretty well.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    They might not last a long time but they appeal to the younger crowd a lot better. Factory supercharged and turbocharged...if you think about it any FI car isnt hard to get power out of. 10x easier than an NA car. Another thing...CHEAP thats the main selling point. The power you get is basically bang for the buck. The only complaint I have seen on srt4 or the owners I talked to have been the suspension. The SVT focus was NA. It only had 170hp or some crap like that when it came out. It wasnt made for a straight line more like autocross track. They did decently well. The Colbalt SS is nice 170hp supercharged and wont take much to make it fast as already pointed out. Dodge Srt4 has factory packages Mopar stage 1/2/3 and its covered by warranty...So saying there shit is whack is just ignorance. They have a good aftermarket and the aftermarket/dealer supports them pretty well.
                    yeah sure its the best bang for the buck but the ones i see get no respect..................BUILT NOT BOUGHT.................any asshole can go take out a loan for a 15000 dollar car and go put an intake an exhuast on and say they are a "tuner" but not many can make something out of nothing like we do as honda owners thats my 2 cents im not here to get in a big argument or nothing

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                      And what's not pathetic about our 125hp 2.2 liters?
                      there's a hell big difference in today's technology, and 80's technology. just look at our CR for our f22a1's..8.8? who was honda joking back then. even freakin pickup trucks have a more aggressive CR than that today..
                      don't compare old shit to new shit..
                      that little honda motor was pretty kickass back in the day.

Comment

yeah sure its the best bang for the buck but the ones i see get no respect..................BUILT NOT BOUGHT.................any asshole can go take out a loan for a 15000 dollar car and go put an intake an exhuast on and say they are a "tuner" but not many can make something out of nothing like we do as honda owners thats my 2 cents im not here to get in a big argument or nothing
                        agreed..but at the end of the day, that douchebag's car is still faster than mine and yours..

Comment

Honestly I dont see getting power out of hondas as hard. Its just more "work". All engines are not the same but they function similarly. Then you got the other theory. Kids are going to school, dont have much money, so why not buy a car that is somewhat fast and just keep it that way plus still under factory warranty. Also they want a newer car instead of having to worry about an older car that needs constant fixing.

but not many can make something out of nothing like we do as honda owners thats my 2 cents
                          On that part...The honda scene is kinda gettin played out. The old school days were the golden days of the honda tuning scene. I still remember seeing people trying different things/combos trying to stand out or be the fastest. Nowadays its just JDM or trackwhore. Really not many choices. Things start to look the same after a while. What I hate the most nowadays is people asking for other peoples opinions and not doing what they want. Dont get me wrong I still love Honda's but the scene nowadays looks the same to me. There is always one or two cars that stand out at the shows but thats bout it. Not to flame any forums but there are some you either go with them or get flamed to hell. I guess thats the generation nowadays.

Thats how I see it. Yes I went a bit OT but oh well.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            Honestly I dont see getting power out of hondas as hard. Its just more "work". All engines are not the same but they function similarly. Then you got the other theory. Kids are going to school, dont have much money, so why not buy a car that is somewhat fast and just keep it that way plus still under factory warranty. Also they want a newer car instead of having to worry about an older car that needs constant fixing.

On that part...The honda scene is kinda gettin played out. The old school days were the golden days of the honda tuning scene. I still remember seeing people trying different things/combos trying to stand out or be the fastest. Nowadays its just JDM or trackwhore. Really not many choices. Things start to look the same after a while. What I hate the most nowadays is people asking for other peoples opinions and not doing what they want. Dont get me wrong I still love Honda's but the scene nowadays looks the same to me. There is always one or two cars that stand out at the shows but thats bout it. Not to flame any forums but there are some you either go with them or get flamed to hell. I guess thats the generation nowadays.

Thats how I see it. Yes I went a bit OT but oh well.

wow i shouldn't have started this thread ... sorry for crossing the winds folks

Comment

it makes me think about my f22a1. i always think of ways to make it faster but i have to dump so much money into it to be able to.

then i got my manager(who is also a tuner with a 500whp WRX) tellin me to drop a h22 in it. i tell him just like i tell everyone else: the most ill be doing to my car is putting a 50shot of nitrous on. i dont think i want to pay the $800+tuning cost for a turbo or the $2500+ for the h22 swap. thats too much. but thats just me tho

but then i look at all these new tuner cars like the Cobolt SS and the SRT-4 pushing like 200whp and i feel so obsolete. lol. think i think in my head "that h22 swap or boosted f-series is sounding good right about now."

Comment

agreed i guess, yeah they are a good dependable bang for the buck,, i just don't like chevy,,
                                duno why my dad does etc.. o well.

i agree mr phil i too miss the sight of making mods that took time and precision thinking.. and be respected for what you have decided to do either way you go with your car.

in the long run aren't we all wanting a peppy fast car that looks good rides good and is dependable,,,
                                i guess the cobalt succeded.....

I'd say save another 5 grand and get an audi a4 personally,, at least you know it was designed and made for the autobond. great technology.. and there are many others i would recomend other than chevy,,, just me 2 cents
                                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                                X