Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Since I lowered my car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I lowered my car...

People are always trying to race me now that i lowered my CB, last night a white 2000ish grand am gt rolled up to me at a red light and gave me the look. I was game so i waited for green, holding at 3500, let her go perfectly, i got the jump and held it all the way to third gear were we shut them down. I pulled about a car and a half. then tonight a friggin Hyundai elantra, wanted to go... it wasnt even a race, i ass raped that piece of shit like it was standing still. so so far i have raced a mazda 3 base, pontiac fiero gt, my buddies 91 integra rs, and the two i mentioned, ive yet to lose... just glad i turned down some punk in a rhd mr2 turbo, or my streak would be over

My friend drives a bone stock CD5 with a rusty unpainted replacement hood and an exhaust leak. People try to race him all the time. He revs back at them and laughs when they take off. He's a 28 year old version of Ralphie from A Christmas Story.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      exhaust leak.
      Thats probably why. It probably sounds like he has muffler on it.

I only raced a person once unintentionally (sp?) It was back when I used to drive my 2.3L 4-banger 91 Ranger with a manual tranny. I was being an idiot, like usual, and I flew by this guy in a Ford Fusion, or 500. I think it was a Fusion. Anyways, we sat there at the light, the guy launchs off the line, and me and my friend are like holy shit. We did it again at the next light, both of us squealing tires. I launched bad, because I never did it before, went to shift into second and pulled the knob off the shifter ( ). To get to the point, his Fusion raped my Ranger.
      It was funny, though, because the guy was in mid-thirtys and he looked like he just got off work

I wonder how the CB7 would have held up?

Comment

Lol...at least you squashed them.

I've only had someone actually race me while mine was still stock. On a dark highway to boot. Maybe he was just hoping someone would race him on the deserted highway.
        Now I have Prelude alloy wheels and a small drop, and for several months had a kinda loud rumbley muffler (fortunately for my ears it rusted and I put a stock replacement on). Don't recall anyone trying to race me. Then again I don't look for it, so maybe I never noticed.
        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

yea i got people that always want to race me almost all the time. not to brag or anything, but i think i got the cleanest jdm themed arcadian green accord in camden, almost any accord owner in the this city has their ride riced out heavily and look at my ride like its alien or something. i guess its clean look and subtle touches make it look like a fast car or something. but thats what happends when you hook up your car, everybody wants to see what you ride is made of.
          my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
          MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

i wonder what's going to happen when i get my WS2 put on along with my EX alloys?

Comment

Oh yea btw 91blkcoupe... Did you use coilover springs to lower your car our just springs?
              My Black "H"
              AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

I used H&R sports, and tokico blues. it rides pretty good...

Comment

Well i dont know about you, but my coupe, with a rebuilt f22a4 (21K now), short ram, all the basic stuff, lowered 2 1/2'' all around, hasent won me all that many races. Dont get me wrong love my car and its a blast to drive, but i almost lost to a 4 door carolla. But ive also won against a 95 tegra' gs, couse i outdrove the shit outta' him. That race had my 90 cb7, 2 89 civic hatchbacks, a 95 civic hatch, and the 95 gs. I outran the 95 civic, passed the gs integra, but after about 90 mph or so, i gave up trying to catch the older civics, they had a jump anyway. Ive lost alot of races, but i never turn one down. Oh yeah, i did beat a older celica all the way through third. That was fun...

Comment

No one wants to race me =(. My car looks stock lol.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I dont know man, my car feels like a factory freak, I bet i could run under 16, I'll have to take it to the track and find out though.

Comment

Working...
                      X