Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 5sp LX vs 5sp EX? how the heck did i win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 5sp LX vs 5sp EX? how the heck did i win?

yesterday i was at a stop light... and a 5sp EX cb7 came up next to me... i can already tell from the sound of his car that it has i/h/e upgrade... and he reved at me... i guess he wanted to race... and i was like... um ok... sure why not since we have an open road...
    so the light turns green and i did a jump start at 2500rpm and he did a jump above mines, prolly somewhere around 4000rpm, and he's spinning tires for like a quick second. I can tell we both are shifting at the same moment but i can tell that he was shifting all the way till red line and we are both right next to each other as i shift from 2nd gear to 3rd at 5500rpm, instead of my normal red line.
    my car gets ahead of him by half a car length... then the next light came up and we both slowed down... he turned onto a street and i went straight...
    tell me how i won that race... because i thought EX has 140hp instead of 120hp like most cb7...?

oh i forgot to tell you that i did a tune up recently...

that jus proves no matter wat u race, u have a chance in winnin

my friend had a 91 eagle summit hatch 1. something motor it was sohc. and he swapped his 4 speed into a 5speed. and he was whippin crx's and lil 1.6 civics
    but he that guy has i/h/e and u beat him. mayb his tranny isnt the best to grab gear
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

possibilities:

1. you were a better driver
      2. he's runs the piss out of his car more than you have so his motor and tranny are more worn down

Comment

1. Driver mod as mentioned.
        2. Weight difference.
        3. How both cars are maintained.

All these factors will contribute to how the car performs and runs.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

acually between the two cars there is only 10 hp difference, and hd idi a i/h/e upgrade prolly ebay jumk. and if he not tuned and u are so u will prolly have more power.

also he proably had junk in his trunk too.

and best of all it is a drivers race and u just proved ur a better driver!
          1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

i do practice everyday on heel to toe method on turns, and rev matching. and plus i do super ultra fast shifting between gears

Comment

If both cars are 92-93, there is a difference of 15hp. Not exactly a race-breaker. The EX also has a bit more weight.

Comment

Back when I had my first motor (F22a1) It ran like a bat out of hell for the first few months, but I rodded it and abused it..by the end of my first year it was draggin ass. Now my F22a6 only has 40,000 and I don't push it often, but when I do I can tell a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by UNeeKToNy
                  yesterday i was at a stop light... and a 5sp EX cb7 came up next to me... i can already tell from the sound of his car that it has i/h/e upgrade... and he reved at me... i guess he wanted to race... and i was like... um ok... sure why not since we have an open road...
                  so the light turns green and i did a jump start at 2500rpm and he did a jump above mines, prolly somewhere around 4000rpm, and he's spinning tires for like a quick second. I can tell we both are shifting at the same moment but i can tell that he was shifting all the way till red line and we are both right next to each other as i shift from 2nd gear to 3rd at 5500rpm, instead of my normal red line.
                  my car gets ahead of him by half a car length... then the next light came up and we both slowed down... he turned onto a street and i went straight...
                  tell me how i won that race... because i thought EX has 140hp instead of 120hp like most cb7...?

oh i forgot to tell you that i did a tune up recently...
                  From my personal experiences, the 92 ex powerband on a STOCK cb7 is 3500-5200. He did at least two things wrong and they were 1) shifted at redline and 2) launched at 4k(bad idea). I like to launch around or just before my powerband to maximize my effort. Needless to say, if you and I were racing and both of our cars were stock, I'd beat you. But good race nonetheless.
                  VVV Can your camera do this?? VVV

Comment

Working...
                  X