Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake

do you guys think autozone intakes are good or not

just get one from ebay, probably cheaper and slap a k&n filter on it,

but since you are from socal and if you are worried about the carb sticker then get something like aem that comes with one, unless you find a person selling some
    Members Ride

Comment

An intake is a pipe. The difference between a good one and a bad one is 1-2 hp, most likely in a narrow range of the powerband. A good filter will make more of a difference, and will also successfully keep crap out of your engine. Otherwise, there's not much need for anything expensive.

Comment

the pipe doesnt mater right so what matters is the filter

Comment

Originally posted by 91 accordlx
          the pipe doesnt mater right so what matters is the filter
          correct
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

thanks

Comment

ya just ebay the pipe and then go pick up a K&N filter
              white 92 ACCORD 4 door ----- dead and gone
              tytianum grey 02 ECLIPSE GT- alive and well

Comment

haw many horces does it improve by

Comment

I like AEM dryflow, you'll get maybe 3-5 hp if your lucky from a short ram.

Comment

you will b better off doing a homemade cold air intake and using a k&n cone ive always had good luck with those

ps if u have a lowered car do not drive in big puddles its a bad idea

Current Cars
                    95 Civic Coupe - ass tons of mods but always broke.
                    90 Accord EX auto - no mods.
                    90 Accord EX 5 Speed - no mods
                    76 Datsun 280z - soon to be rb goodness.
                    90 Lexus LS400 - low and slow.
                    85 Cressida - soon to be four doors of 2jz love.

Comment

youd be lucky to gain 4 hp from an intake upgrade. youll not even notice it.

looks neat tho.
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

So I was looking at replacing my stock intake. I don't plan to do too many mods under the hood, but is it worth paying $100-150CDN for an AEM short ram intake w/ filter? Or should I just get something cheap with a good filter like you guys are saying?

I don't think I'm overly picky, but I don't want crap. I figure if I spend more for an AEM intake I might not have to worry as much about issues arising with it. Make sense?

Comment

Handovdoom, that logic works with almost everything else, but not this. $150 is way to much for a short ram. ebay a pipe and put on a good filter, or just by a good filter and replace the stock airbox with it. i dont really see the point of buying a SRI. i just connect the filter to the OEM tube.

PS. the only difference between a AEM and a ebay pipe is that AEM has some special thing around the tube for heat reduction. but it isnt really worth the $100 more.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

The AEM V2 CAI has the surround... the regular one is just a powdercoated pipe. I have a $200 AEM CAI myself (back when I thought it mattered)

The "good" intakes WILL make slightly more power. They are designed for optimal flow, but the difference will be negligable. For that MAYBE 1hp from 5500-6500, it's not worth that much more. Save the $100 and get a cam regrind for much better results!

The intake is one of the few things you can put on your car that is nearly the same regardless of "quality". If you want the brand name bling, then pay the money. That's about all, though.

Comment

OEM airbox FTW!

really though, i personally believe in the factory intake design.... just add a drop in K&N. no better no worse than a SRI.

even better take off/out the resonator and leave the lower pipe that goes down to it attached to the airbox and you get cooler air + more sound ( for those in it for the sound)
                              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Working...
                              X