Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hi everyone, I'm Kristi (long post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I'm Kristi (long post)

I wanted to introduce myself prior to posting in other forums. I came across cb7tuner.com by accident after I had become displeased with the way the so-called professionals maintained my car. I would always ask the dealer when I took it in for an oil change if anything else needed to be done and they never said it needed a tune up (80,000 since the last one). My air filter was covered in oily gunk on the underside. I took matters into my own hands and gave it a tuneup myself, the only thing I could not do was get the bolt off the fuel filter so that remains unchanged. Since finding this forum 2 weeks ago I have installed a new stereo with 4 new speakers, put in new spark plugs, valve gasket/seals, air filter, dist cap and rotor, ign wires and coil wire, new manual trans fluid, new power steering fluid, new pcv valve, cleaned the EGR valve, IAC valve, FIT valve, repaired a vacuum hose and adjusted the strike plate on the driver side door (I had no idea what any of the above was prior to 2 weeks ago). I was unable to bleed the brakes cause I could not get the nuts off the valves and did not want to round them off. I am still dealing with a slight idle issue (like everyone else on here) but that is being picky because she is running better than ever.

I have been driving my Green Machine (Pearl Green 92 Accord EX coupe) since the day I drove her off the lot on Sept 12, 92. A couple of times I have yearned for a new car but I loved the Accord and after all it is paid for! It is only the 2nd car I have ever owned, the first being an 81 Prelude ( I loved that little car too). I figure I will drive it for 6 more years until I retire from the Coast Guard and maybe get a new car then. Anyway, I plan on doing all the work on my car that I am physically capable of doing and at the very least I can tell the techs exactly what I want done because I am more knowledgeable now that ever (very dangerous). See you all in the forums. Kristi

Welcome to the site....

Yeah i really don't like taking my car to the "professionals" either. I always just fear they are going to screw something up and either not tell me or in like your situation see something is wrong and not tell me. Plus i have a friend who works for toyota... he informs me of some of the crazy shit people will do.
    "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
    - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Let me be the second to welcome you to the forums

if you wanted to learn to do some more work to your car, you should invest in
      a Chiltons manual. i got lucky and snagged on Ebay for only 5 bucks after shipping. the Haynes manual is kinda overpriced for the amount of info it contains in it compared to the Chiltons.

oh yeah, when you try to take on that task of trying to get the banjo bolt off the fuel filter again, don't forget to relieve the fuel pressure by taking the fuel cap off first where you go to refill at the station. You don't want that fuel spraying out from the built up pressure.

Comment

Welcome to the board..

What kind of mods are you looking to add if any? And I dont think you posted this but where are your from?

I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of the CB.. Later

Comment

Howdizzle.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thank you for posting that in your post.

It makes us feel like we are doing something worthwhile.

If you have the temperment and desire to do it, that is great, because nobody cares about your car like you do.

I personally would recommend getting a Helm's manual for your car, if you plan on keeping it around awhile and doing your own work.

It is much more detailed than Chilton's or Haynes, and is the official manual that Honda technicians use, so it is an official Honda publication.

You can find anything they print at www.helminc.com.

Good luck and happy wrenching.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Thanks all! I am originally from Knoxville, TN (Go Vols!) but currently live in Galveston, TX but transferring to Miami in June. I am still looking for the original OEM 92 Accord service manual on Ebay...I saw one but one guy did a sneaky "Buy it Now" and I missed it, I may have to go with another kind. I just purchased the OEM 92 Accord Electrical Troubleshooting manual on Ebay so I will keep my hopes up for the service manual. I have mine bone stock and really don't plan on any mods, I have been more interested in keeping it really clean and running well. I actually did remove the gas cap when I tried to change the fuel filter, the problem was I could not get enough leverage on the wrench for the bolt and I did not want to kink the line. You should have seen me all up in the engine, I am pretty small and I was laying on top of it trying to get that bolt, I may try again using a longer wrench if I can fit it. I am out all next week for work but after I get back I will work on beefing up my profile with more info and pics. Later guys.

Comment

Woo Hoo Galveston! Beach is dirty though.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by AllinAccord
                  Thanks all! I am originally from Knoxville, TN (Go Vols!) but currently live in Galveston, TX but transferring to Miami in June. I am still looking for the original OEM 92 Accord service manual on Ebay...I saw one but one guy did a sneaky "Buy it Now" and I missed it, I may have to go with another kind. I just purchased the OEM 92 Accord Electrical Troubleshooting manual on Ebay so I will keep my hopes up for the service manual. I have mine bone stock and really don't plan on any mods, I have been more interested in keeping it really clean and running well. I actually did remove the gas cap when I tried to change the fuel filter, the problem was I could not get enough leverage on the wrench for the bolt and I did not want to kink the line. You should have seen me all up in the engine, I am pretty small and I was laying on top of it trying to get that bolt, I may try again using a longer wrench if I can fit it. I am out all next week for work but after I get back I will work on beefing up my profile with more info and pics. Later guys.

A set of Flare Nut wrenches will help you out tremendously with those fuel, brake and any other soft metal lines.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Welcome!

I think thats the best introduction ive ever read since signing up!

Sounds like youve got the ambition and patience....so i expect to see mucho progress!!

Pics asap yo!

Comment

welcome and as soon as your let loose from the newb area come join all us gals in the offtopic ladies room.

Comment

Wow, an original owner! Cool!
                        Glad we could be of help. I hope you stick around! We need more intelligent, motivated people that can string a sentence together!

Comment

Welcome to the boards!

When I started working on my Accord I often worried about rounding off all of the rusty old bolts too. I don't know if you've tried it yet, but PB Blaster is a lot better than WD-40 and ALWAYS sucessfully unsticks rusty nuts and bolts.

Comment

use a breaker bar on that fuel filter nut, as funny as that sounds. I too was stuck on that nut for like 25 min after I read up on it and others mentioned a long bar to get it off. I just wacked it a couple times and it eventually broke free.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

wow in two weeks you did all that??!! impresive heh heh i had my car for a year and half and had like two other cars i worked on, and i'm still scared replacing my valve gasket and seals. (i can do the gasket fine, but scared pulling out the rockers to do it the right way). but since u are working on your own car and learning alot, you will appreceate it even more.

welcome to the forum. this is by far the most helpful and most wackyest and harlarius forum out there. it is really like a family here. if i ever get a different car i will still come here everyday...
                              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Working...
                              X