Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Theft deterent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theft deterent

ok this is the issue im looking for a way to keep my cb from stolen but dont really got the funds to get an alarm system yet so i need something thats cost effective that should jus get me by till i have money for an alarm or something ive heard are cars are easy to brake into but i didnt know till last week when some cunt broke in an took my friggin cig lighter assembly but left the lighter knob im not really mad but if some1 wanted i probably wuoulda gave it to them o well go figure dis is what we gotta deal with in canada a bunch of cuntholes doing stupid shit but let me know what the ideas are guys thanks

hmmm, a cost effective way to prevent theft...

maybe you can pick up a "club"
    ...or you could just take out the battery each time you leave your car unattended
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ty
      ok this is the issue im looking for a way to keep my cb from stolen but dont really got the funds to get an alarm system yet so i need something thats cost effective that should jus get me by till i have money for an alarm or something ive heard are cars are easy to brake into but i didnt know till last week when some cunt broke in an took my friggin cig lighter assembly but left the lighter knob im not really mad but if some1 wanted i probably wuoulda gave it to them o well go figure dis is what we gotta deal with in canada a bunch of cuntholes doing stupid shit but let me know what the ideas are guys thanks

I know a cheap way of anti-theft and it's the last thing a car thief in my opinion would look at when trying to drive away with your car. Even if he/she managed to disable the alarm system....they still won't be able to drive off. Unless they got really good trouble shooting skills, they won't be able to steal your car unless they got more than a max of probably 10min to do so. It would probably make beginner car jackers give up and try someone elses car after they can't get it started after several attemps.

The mod probably only takes 5sec to do too... Before I was rolling without a alarm system and parking my car in the city or unfamilar places, it's what I used to do.

I'd rather not share it openly on this board because otherwise it will just be a thing a potential car jacker looking at this thread might take note on it. If somebody announces that mod then you get a cookie....however for you, I'll let you in on it if you promise not to post or tell anybody about it anywhere..... Secrets spread and then everyone will know and then it won't be a good trick anymore you know?
      I need a custom turbo manifold built....
      707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
      "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Oh just thought about something else....

Oh just thought about something else.... Another thing you can try is getting more window blocking clips. I'm not sure on the exact name of them, but you can see them on our accords along the front and rear windows. They are black square looking clips that help prevent the window from being popped outwards. This way no thief can just pry your window a little and use a coat hanger or whatever to unlock your door. There are several on there already, but when I installed my oem rainvisors, I noticed that it may be possible just to add more of these clips that would make it more of a hassle for the thief to pry the window open. Now if they just of course bust the window...then yeah it would be pointless. But for the car thief that wants to strip your car down.... a car window equals $$$.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

I changed the title of your post because it was unnecessary and irrelevant

1) Stay away from offensive words. It isn't an option. Just because you don't think it is offensive, doesn't mean others agree. If you wouldn't say it to your Grandmother, you shouldn't say it here.

2) Make the thread title something useful so that if someone is searching for material that your post is about, they will be able to find it and not have to ask the same question again because you couldn't create an appropriate title.

I have been seeing a lot of these titles lately.

If it keeps up I will just start deleting the entire thread.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

sure thing owequitit i can see what your sayn but the window thing kurobei's talkn about sounds good but for some1 to smash my window bcuz they couldnt get in an then end up taking nothing would just piss me off but thanks for temporary solution

Comment

theres plenty of options avaliable for you, I would pick up a relay for around 5 bucks and do a kill switch, really simple and u can wire it to wherever you feel like, or you can get pretty technical and use a few relays so that a few switches have to be engaged in order for the car to start. Hope this helped let me know if you need help.
              1993 Accord EX
              2011 Subaru STi

Comment

get a dog, gun, or wire an ign/fuel kill switch. Alarms can be hella cheep these days so maybe a l-cheap-o one would work to make noise (not stop theft) if someone is messin with your ride. I can relate to your frustration. They stole my whole car and I end up short on about 3,700 (us) of parts. I got the car back but somehow it just feels dirty now. About the window thing, your money and time would be better spent on a real alarm. I also like how we cant get the "secret" of how to stop theft but in the very next post, we get the instructions on how to break in. Way to support your local car theives. Peace Homies
                My Ride

Comment

1. Club does jack. Its proven it doesnt work.
                  2. Cheap option would be kill switch as mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ty
                    sure thing owequitit i can see what your sayn but the window thing kurobei's talkn about sounds good but for some1 to smash my window bcuz they couldnt get in an then end up taking nothing would just piss me off but thanks for temporary solution

Oh I am not saying don't get mad, in fact, I hope they get what is coming to them.

But we didn't have anything to do with it, and if everybody posts irrelevant titles with swear words in them, it will be impossible to find anything around here.

Not to mention it makes the board look childish.

I hope everything gets worked out for you.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

im likin the kill switch idea it seemsto be the one that would be the most effective i did a search for a diy but they were a lil on the confusing if som1 can lay it out in a simpler way to understand i would really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                        I know a cheap way of anti-theft and it's the last thing a car thief in my opinion would look at when trying to drive away with your car. Even if he/she managed to disable the alarm system....they still won't be able to drive off. Unless they got really good trouble shooting skills, they won't be able to steal your car unless they got more than a max of probably 10min to do so. It would probably make beginner car jackers give up and try someone elses car after they can't get it started after several attemps.

The mod probably only takes 5sec to do too... Before I was rolling without a alarm system and parking my car in the city or unfamilar places, it's what I used to do.

I'd rather not share it openly on this board because otherwise it will just be a thing a potential car jacker looking at this thread might take note on it. If somebody announces that mod then you get a cookie....however for you, I'll let you in on it if you promise not to post or tell anybody about it anywhere..... Secrets spread and then everyone will know and then it won't be a good trick anymore you know?
                        I highly doubt your mod hasn't been thought of by others, so its better to inform others so they can do something about it. The Integra sites have a wrealth of security mods/ideas for theft prevention. Its difficult to prevent someone from breaking your windows (unless you change them all) and taking whats inside but easier to prevent them from driving off.

Comment

Working...
                        X