Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car choice

OK here is the deal. I have a 240sx and Im trying to sell it.Right now I have a buyer and I dont quite know what to do with it. I am thinking about keeping it or buying an EG, MX73, MKIII, or a CB7. I know most of you would say CB7 but Im looking for opinions anyway.

any pics of that 240sx ?

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

240sx is a decent car... but it's not as great as it's cracked up to be. If you don't want a cheap drifter, and don't feel like doing a motor swap or boosting the KA24, it's nothing special. Plus, EVERYBODY is doing 240s these days. In today's import tuning world, you're more unique with a Civic! Still, if you like the car, then it's worth keeping.

An EG... eh, they don't impress me. I'm a chronic Civic-hater though. They're reliable and economical, and they have a nice aftermarket... but that doesn't change the fact that they started their lives as dinky shitboxes!

The mx73 would be kickass, and THAT would be different. Sadly, they're all automatic, non-turbo, and they're getting pretty old. That, combined with the limited aftermarket and limited availibility (they aren't exactly easy to find in junkyards...), it'd be a tough car to play with. It'd be nice with some major work done, though! Boost, or swap in the boosted 7M-GTE, convert it to manual, put on some nice rims, and get it clean inside and out... and you'd have a hell of a head turner!

The mkIII... bleh. They're nice, but I'd prefer the Cressida myself. The MkIV overshadowed the MKIII so much that it just doesn't shine as it should. It's a heavy, old car with a head-gasket blowing motor...(yes, I know, I was just praising a car with the same heart...) It's a decent choice, if you can find a nice one that hasn't been beaten on. It'll be a nightmare if you find a dud, though.

CB7... well... I can't really comment without major bias
      It's a very solid platform. Very capable, decently supported by the aftermarket (still), nice looking, comfortable, reliable, and it has this site to back it up! My major complaints about the CB7 would be the chronic rust (at least anywhere salt is used on the roads), and the fact that they're FWD. RWD or AWD would be fun... but whatever... they're practical!

Either way, you have some realistic and interesting options. They're ALL old cars, though... so be prepared to fix whatever you decide to go with. If you get a $2000 car, plan on another $2000 to make it right. It may be an overestimate... but it's better than underestimating and falling short! I find so many people on here that do that. A $500 car is often more expensive in the end than a $3500 car... that, or it stays a shitbox and you never like it.

Comment

The MKIII HG problems can be solved by retorqueing down the ehad tighter and such. Thats what most people do and it lasts a bit longer. MKIII are nice though.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
        X