Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7 h22a1 vs Mustang 4.6 Sohc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 h22a1 vs Mustang 4.6 Sohc

....Where to start we raced 3 times the first time i pulled him about 2 1/2 cars the second time i missed 2 and still stayed a bumper ahead then 3rd time we ran from a 40 mile an hour role and i pulled him all the way to 110mph i am a very proud owner of a Honda
    I would slap a Rocket engine to it to give me 10 more horse

Not bad. Those cars in stock form are capable of faster quarter miles than a modified H22 CB7... If it really was the V8, and not the V6, the guy couldn't drive!

Unless you have more work done to your H22 than simple bolt-ons...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      Not bad. Those cars in stock form are capable of faster quarter miles than a modified H22 CB7... If it really was the V8, and not the V6, the guy couldn't drive!

no way the 4.6 sohc are horrible they are the 96 - 98 and ran 15 flat with a perfect driver...

now the 4.6 dohc is a totally different story....

i raped 2 mustangs at the track, an 89 foxbody 5.0 that i beat by about 4 cars and a 2000 gt (guy couldnt launch) and i had him by half a car.
      ]

Comment

all i could get was the time for the 94 (which was the 5.0) and car and driver did 14.9. that was the 5.0... the times are much slower, usually like mid 15's so i could see how he pulled.
        ]

Comment

Yeah, I'm sorry, but most stock GT's whether 5.0 or 4.6 don't run much faster than mid 14's. A 1995 GT convertible auto that I drove was most likely a high 16 second car.

There are some that have reached high 13's stock, but they are the minority. Your average GT with your average driver isn't going to go run 13's all day.

If you have a 14.6 GT vs a 15.0 CB7, then it could conceivably go either way, as they are both less than .5 seconds apart. Think about how much that is.

1 1,000. Oops, that was too much.

Also, they aren't huge top end motors, which gives the H the advantage on the street, because they are ALL top end, and a rolling start negates the launch advantage the GT had.

Case in point. Getting on the highway here the other day, I paced a new Mustang GT with exhaust. It was a manual.

He was slightly ahead on the on ramp, so it wasn't a "run", but I wanted to see how well I kept up. He didn't pull at all, and he even downshifted before me. By about 75 I was starting to gain slightly.

Those supposedly are high 13 cars stock, so what happened? 2 things. 1) The variability of the "real world" and 2) the "run" didn't end 1320' later after a dead stop start.

Another good case in point is 06 Accord V6 auto vs a new GTO. The Accord started to inch at about 70MPH, and the faster the speed, the more the Accord started to inch.

By the numbers, one is a 15 second flat car, and the other is a low 14 second car.

How did that happen?
          Last edited by owequitit; 04-05-2007, 06:14 PM.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Very true. I didn't take the rolling start into consideration...

Human error does definitely play a HUGE part in racing. I beat an RX-8 on the track, and that car ran a 16.6 or 16.3... Either way, the RX-8, driven correctly, is a 14.5 second car. The driver's lack of ability cost him 2 whole seconds!

The low end of the V8s really is where the power is... from a 40 roll, they lose that advantage considerably... and the H22 can still grap some top-end in 2nd and just keep shifting into the powerband. So yeah, you're right.

Comment

well consider the fact that the h22 is a high rpm motor, so hiway runs the h22 will always do better torque is what gets u off the line high rpm gets u there faster
              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Very true. I didn't take the rolling start into consideration...

Human error does definitely play a HUGE part in racing. I beat an RX-8 on the track, and that car ran a 16.6 or 16.3... Either way, the RX-8, driven correctly, is a 14.5 second car. The driver's lack of ability cost him 2 whole seconds!

The low end of the V8s really is where the power is... from a 40 roll, they lose that advantage considerably... and the H22 can still grap some top-end in 2nd and just keep shifting into the powerband. So yeah, you're right.

I agree, and people often don't consider how little time 2 seconds is. On a track, there will be a big huge noticable difference between a 13 second car, and a 15 second car, but the time really isn't noticable, because of the speeds involved. It is sort of like IRL or F1, where the #1 and #2 car might be seperated by .01 seconds, but that is like 10 car lengths or something silly like that. But at 200+MPH, that is how long it takes to travel 10 car lengths.

Unfortunately, people in the faster car often lose the initiative because they assume their car is faster, so they will automatically win. That probably loses more races than anything.

Also, the car is a very important variable too. That S2000 is a good example like the RX-8. Both are peaky and revvy with little bottom end, a lot of traction, and sticky tires.

To get them both out of the hole, you pretty much have to rev the shit out of them and clutch dump them. How many people are going to do that in a car that has to run tomorrow, and has a $550 a month car payment?

I have seen guys with stock S2Ks pull high 13's out of them, but I am not sure you would want to do that often...

The NSX is kind of the same way. I don't think most people are willing to launch them the way they need to be launched, so they end up running high 13's to low 14's vs high 12's to low 13's. That is with the 3.2 which was generally faster than the 3.0.

FWD cars area challenge because weight transfer is not on their side.

A better indicator of total performance ability is trap speed vs ET. A bad launch will often get you a much higher ET, but the trap speed won't vary much, because the distance you have to accelerate in is very close in both instances.

If you have a RWD car that runs 14.0 @ 95MPH and another FWD that runs 14.7 @ 94MPH, then most likely, in a situation other than drag racing, they will be closely matched. The RWD obviously was able to get out of the hole better, even though it didn't necessarily have more power. This will be especially true if you remove the launch variable like a rolling start.

So far, I have had 3 people try to play with me.

A 2007 Jetta GLI

A 4th gen Maxima

The Mustang I mentioned above.

The Mustang thought he would just pull away, but couldn't. I couldn't really do anything either, but that was certainly a bigger blow to him than it was me. I honestly expected him to just pull away too, especially since it wasn't completely stock.

The 2007 Jetta thought he would just blow right passed me on an on ramp, but it didn't happen, because there was a short 2nd lane to merge in and it was going to compromise MY safety. He downshifted first from several lengths behind, and I downshifted. We bot pretty much maintained position until about 70 when I started to pull slightly. He let off, I let off, and that was that.

The guy in the Maxima was playing games. I wasn't racing, and he started accelerating faster because he wasn't pulling on me. Fine. He moved over in front of me and then slowed down.

So I passed him like he was standing still, got up a ways, and then resumed normal cruise. He of course did the ricer flyby, which was fine, because we both knew the truth.

The only point is that "by the numbers", any one of those 3 should have had more pull, but they didn't.

Comment

i 2nd that the guy in the mustang cant drive.. my moms automatic mustang 4.6L GT ran a 14.1 at the track.. all she did was lower it and put a K&N filter on the intake... and i ran a h22 swapped integra n beat it over n over by about 2-3 car lengths
                  93 LX CB7 in Beige...Auto...
                  98 Lexus GS4

Comment

things can happen differently on the street than the track. My friend has a 93 z28 that ran 1/2 second faster than me in the 1/8th, but on the street, he only won by a little bit.
                    spin city

Comment

Originally posted by adam2562
                      i 2nd that the guy in the mustang cant drive.. my moms automatic mustang 4.6L GT ran a 14.1 at the track.. all she did was lower it and put a K&N filter on the intake... and i ran a h22 swapped integra n beat it over n over by about 2-3 car lengths

How do you know that maybe the guy in the Teg couldn't drive?

Considering I have seen some stock GS-Rs run high 14's...

Comment

Well we raced again but this time I drove his Car and Vice Versa and my car still won and i raped the crap out of his mustang lol
                        I would slap a Rocket engine to it to give me 10 more horse

Comment

I thought the 4.6 was a push rod motor?
                          CB7
                          Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
                          Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
                          Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit

Case in point. Getting on the highway here the other day, I paced a new Mustang GT with exhaust. It was a manual.

He was slightly ahead on the on ramp, so it wasn't a "run", but I wanted to see how well I kept up. He didn't pull at all, and he even downshifted before me. By about 75 I was starting to gain slightly.

I know you know, but damn those new flipping mustangs run 13s with just a good exhaust system..

I think my friendin his 98 z28 auto with headers is running some crazy ass 13.8... that things pulls so hard, its insane in the membrain!
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

+1 for the accord butt rap
                              miss my turbo cb7
                              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                              X