Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Date on the line please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date on the line please help

Ok real quick question for y'all. I know its kinda dumb but a date is on the line and the girl is pretty decent looking. I'm racing her (1994-1998 Mustang V-6 automatic-stock)with my Accord. (1992 DX 2 door manual). If I get all of the stuff out of my car and even the trunk (spare tire and jack) Do I have a chance? I'm pretty sure I do but I just wanted to make doubly sure. My car is basically stock except for a muffler and a hacked intake box. Basically if I win I get the date and at least a kiss
    1992 Honda Accord DX
    Coupe 5spd
    2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
    125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

let me guess your 16? later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

because you're manual you'll have an advantage for about 1/3rd the race, and then she'll own you.

and its stoopid to race for a date, if she has to be forced to date you because she lost then screw her ;p

Comment

just race her with someone else's car that you know will beat hers.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
          because you're manual you'll have an advantage for about 1/3rd the race, and then she'll own you.

and its stoopid to race for a date, if she has to be forced to date you because she lost then screw her ;p
          ya man the odds arent really in your favour. that cars pushin 150hp and who knows how much torque but i bet its pretty high.

i agree with ^. shes not worth it if she has to be forced into it.
          Originally posted by deevergote.
          And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

what yo udont think he can beat her? its only the V6... not too much going on... i mean her car may have more power but it also weighs more and is an automatic... two things against her... all he has against him is lack of power on his part... the 94-98 v6 stang is a 16 sec car from what ive researched just now... im not a guru on them or anything but the first couple sites all said they were a 16 sec car... high 15's with bolt ons... so i think you could beat her... as long as you dont miss a gear and she doesnt have any bolt ons...

BTW their TQ is 215 the curb weight near 3100...

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

I always look forward to bench racing. But this one got a lil twist to it.

Comment

The twist is what keeps me from deleting it I usually don't allow bench racing, because as long as a human being is behind the wheel, anything can happen. I've beaten many "faster" cars, and I'm not even a very good racer!

Th V6 stangs are VERY slow for what they are. I have a friend with one, and even he'll admit that it's gutless. Of course, he has the convertible, which is even heavier!

Chances are she'll just pin the pedal and expect to take off... if she does that, you win. Flooring an automatic from a dead stop makes it bog pretty well.

Think of it this way, though... if she's putting a date on the line, she really wants to anyway

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Think of it this way, though... if she's putting a date on the line, she really wants to anyway
                  deevs you always know exactly what im thinking... and yeah the convertable wieght 3200 almost 3300 lbs... so its alot worse...

man if i were you i would just ask her... do we really need to race? or should we stop wasting time and get to it?

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

just unplug some of her spark plugs... ....im kidding...please don't do that
                    DEVOTE

Comment

well part of the problem is that she loves her car and thinks its really hot stuff, so it was kind of a put up or shut up thing for me at that point when I started raggin on her car. Is the race absolutely necessary, no. But it's already out there now. But even that's on the line now because something went horribly wrong with my transmission now, some are saying I need a whole new trans , others are saying its a throw-out bearing, not sure which. BTW for the person who decided to try and insult me rather than provide something useful, I'm 18, she's hot, and she wants the race, I'm just obliging her.
                      1992 Honda Accord DX
                      Coupe 5spd
                      2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
                      125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
                      (O.o )
                      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Hes 18 man leave him alone

Comment

Double clutch and you'll stand a chance.

My AT, soon a manual, F20A would get her but it's not stock anymore.
                          It's a Japanese engine with 147 hp stock, but I modified a little.

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
                          My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by gofaster
                            well part of the problem is that she loves her car and thinks its really hot stuff, so it was kind of a put up or shut up thing for me at that point when I started raggin on her car. Is the race absolutely necessary, no. But it's already out there now. But even that's on the line now because something went horribly wrong with my transmission now, some are saying I need a whole new trans , others are saying its a throw-out bearing, not sure which. BTW for the person who decided to try and insult me rather than provide something useful, I'm 18, she's hot, and she wants the race, I'm just obliging her.
                            hey man if you're talkin about me makin fun of you, i wasn't. i was just giving you my opinion. sorry if you took that as an insult. you also said the girl was "decent" in your first post. theres a pretty big difference between decent and hot. thats why i said what i did. so, once again, im sorry.

that sucks to hear about your car too. hopefully its not something too expensive and you can still race. after hearing how much her car weighs and figuring out your car was a DX, i think you actually have a good chance of winning. good luck with that.
                            Originally posted by deevergote.
                            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

V6 mustangs make me sad , they really never should have made them lol. Best of luck with it, just because embarrassing mustangs is the best, haha.
                              Let us all know how it works out!

Comment

Working...
                              X