Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

This weeks sucks, whole bunches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weeks sucks, whole bunches

Ok, so Monday I lock the keys out of my car and call the police to get the car opened up, no big deal.

Wednesday I'm driving to school, its raining, the road I'm on is notorious for being slick, and I have bad tires and no ABS...shit. So I turn the wheel and kinda barely push on the brake pedal and the front end loses all grip immediately, no shuddering, no warning, just bam! complete washout of the front end, it gets better. The turn I'm on is actually a V in the road, I want to take the left branch.......my car decides to split the difference and go straight.....oh hell. So I panic, lock up the brakes (gotta love no ABS) and try to steer out of it, not gonna happen. Right before I leave the road I give the Hail Mary Stick a hard yank (Emergency brake) and that does precisely diddley squat. The first thing I hit is a little green pole that you see on the side of the road with the little reflector to let you know to stay away. That scratches up the front bumper and thats about it. So no I'm headed down a 45 degree slope covered in leaves and wet grass at a good clip. Then for no apparent reason, the car stops, within a foot of a big ass tree and about 5 feet of a lake. I walk up the hill and wave a 10 cars before anyone will help me. They call the cops and the cops call a towtruck and the towtruck pulls my car out. By the way this was a day of final exams at school and I am now way late. I miss a half hour of my college algebra final, but still manage to get it done. $150 towing fee, $75 for the "Too fast of conditions" ticket. They estimate my speed at 40-45 when I lost traction. Then I pay another $122 for new front tires.

Then today leaving the base I get pulled over for speeding on the last turn before I leave the base. I was doing 31mph, I thought the limit on the road was 30......its 20, dammit! so yeah that about covers it now. The car is fine, I'm broke and the folks hate me, yee-freaking-haw.
    1992 Honda Accord DX
    Coupe 5spd
    2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
    125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

man that sucks, at least you have a car, mine got jacked so I got no ride. I love the coupe though so keep at it, it can only get better. Kinda a strange quote but it helps me through the shit, "the true test of a man is strength through adversity". peace
    My Ride

Comment

Wow... I had a 92 DX coupe last year... and a similar thing happened. Only I wasn't so lucky. My rears actually lost traction going around a bend, and I spun ass first into a wall at about 25mph. Drove the car home, but it was totalled. Definite frame damage, and certainly more than the car was worth to repair it.

From the sounds of it, you could've bee a LOT worse off! Be thankful you still have your car! I would replace those rear tires too. I only put new fronts on my DX, and that's what caused my crash. If I had replaced all 4, I'd have a boosted DX right now (probably with a blown motor... )

Comment

That's just it, the rears are in great shape, the fronts were nearly completely rounded over and had about 1/8th inch tread depth left, and were dry cracked. The rears have none of those problems, though on a wet day, if I trail-brake into a turn I can get the rear to hang out a little and then recover easily

EDIT-Though I must admit this was all offset somewhat by getting to test-drive a 2006 Si . The guy didn't even ask for my license, just handed me the keys and told me to not take it out too far because I guy was buying it and would pick it up soon. Holy hell that is a nice car. VTEC is way fun too
        Last edited by gofaster; 12-22-2006, 09:34 PM.
        1992 Honda Accord DX
        Coupe 5spd
        2.2 liter I-4 (code: F22a1)
        125hp @5200 rpm 137 lb/ft @4000 rpm

(\__/)
        (O.o )
        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Working...
        X