Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car Insurance need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Insurance need help

Helo, ok, so since i have moved i need to get a new car insurance provider, cause my current insurance company wants to jump $500 since i moved from NC to Chicago.
    anyway, who ya'll got for car insurance? are they reasonably priced for a 6-month period?
    i've done those comparisons on the web, i have checked some quotes from www.oneshopinsurance.com. yeah its cool but i would like to hear what's good from other forum members.kindly share your experience and ideas.

thanks in advance
    Manni

currently i'm using StateFarm, my family has been with them for at least 17 years, along with a multi-car plan and a life insurance plan, i believe my full coverage on the Dakota is only 90 bucks a month. once i turn 25 here... hmm.. next month, it should drop even more.

currently my cb7 is without insurance as it's just sitting in the garage getting worked on little by little.

just call around, having no driving offenses also help in keeping your premium down so does having a car alarm.

Comment

you forgot airbags also.

Comment

lol my cb7 doesn't have airbags.

Comment

aww i was just gonna ask you what year you have too. but now i know.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
            currently i'm using StateFarm, my family has been with them for at least 17 years, along with a multi-car plan and a life insurance plan, i believe my full coverage on the Dakota is only 90 bucks a month. once i turn 25 here... hmm.. next month, it should drop even more.

currently my cb7 is without insurance as it's just sitting in the garage getting worked on little by little.

just call around, having no driving offenses also help in keeping your premium down so does having a car alarm.
            Yah thanks for the tip leung...
            Ill check that out, i have also checked progressive, and the companies which the site has..any other suggestions guys?

thanks
            Manni

Comment

dont want to sound like a commerical but try geico out...i use them...also there is progressive and allstate...get an insurance quote from each of them today...and then get another quote form them again tomorrow and compare prices...garuntee that the prices will change...and dont worry a quote is good for a couple of days to be bought...so u can keep trying out quotes at diff. times until u get the best priced one...thats what i did...peace
              A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Try geico you dont live in NYC i pay 292 a month for both cars not full coverage just liability in my own name and im only 24 thats not bad at all considering the fact i only got 1 speeding ticket but itll be lower when i turn 25

Comment

Hey Manni, I live in the Suburbs, and had Geico and checked Progressive and E-surance, etc. The cheapest one I've found and I'm currently with is Accurate auto insurance. Surprisingly enough, they also gave me the best service too. Just a tip

Comment

heres a tip, keep car registered in Nc so you can keep Nc insurance. You would be surprised how many people do this, especially New yorkers and people in jersey who used to live down south,Hell I know peope up north who come down get a Po box just so they can have Nc address to keep car registered here.I did it when I lived in Va now I actually live down here. I have full coverage on my car and the wife's car, including all my custom work,stereo,rims tires,even vinyl stickers on windows and I only pay 600-700 a year for both cars.
                    Last edited by doughboy415; 12-26-2006, 01:29 AM.
                    BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415
                      heres a tip, keep car registered in Nc so you can keep Nc insurance. You would be surprised how many people do this, especially New yorkers and people in jersey who used to live down south,Hell I know peope up north who come down get a Po box just so they can have Nc address to keep car registered here.I did it when I lived in Va now I actually live down here. I have full coverage on my car and the wife's car, including all my custom work,stereo,rims tires,even vinyl stickers on windows and I only pay 600-700 a year for both cars.
                      also stay aware that if you get into an accident your fucked. They will send the shit back stating hmm why did ou get into an accident if you live in NYc and send out investigators to actually come through to ya crib and knock on ya door. If they dont see the car or anything atleast 1 time throughout that whole year theyll know you tried to cut corners and thats when your fucked they will cancel your policy. This is what happened to my boy with his supra who signed up on allstate who had a florida policy and he was stayin up in NYC.

Comment

Check if you can get Mercury Insurance. They set me up with a reasonable deal on my '90 LX w/o airbags. I've had my license less than one year and its less than 700 bucks a year. (I don't have comprehensive insurance.)

Comment

i have geico i pay 138 a month thats just for liability

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                          1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread
                          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by 96ludes
                            Hey Manni, I live in the Suburbs, and had Geico and checked Progressive and E-surance, etc. The cheapest one I've found and I'm currently with is Accurate auto insurance. Surprisingly enough, they also gave me the best service too. Just a tip
                            yup I have also checked geico and esurance..cool, thanks nice tip man

Manni

Comment

Working...
                            X