Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wow. we had a earthquake today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow. we had a earthquake today.

I think it's the first time we ever had a earthquake this big here. The whole state of Hawaii blacked out afterwards. No electricity and no water from 7 in the morning, until a little while ago! (9:00pmish.) Some of Honolulu is still out. The building alarms are going off like crazy. And damn im hungry. To make things worse, the weather was real bad. The rain was coming down like crazy. Hmm. The local news says some old dudes with candles accedently lit their house on fire and died. Self pwnage right thurr. The Fox News national channel is making me laugh. So much bs. They're saying its 2 in the afternoon right now. lol... yep. Today was pretty wierd.

really? that sucks. sucks even further for that guy that burned to death.

Comment

yeah, i saw that on the news. sorry to hear about that!
      1993 Honda Accord LX
      2006 Yamaha R6
      2004 Acura TSX

Comment

My family is alright .. got the news yesterday myself ..
        Freaked my Mom out a lil tho .. lol ..

Last time anything that big happened, I was in Hilo .. and we had two earthquakes,
        and 2 tidal waves .. not to mention, two Kilauea eruptions the next day!

Hawaiian's are very superstitious .. and as the story goes,
        there were 2 Hauole University Professors on an archeologist expedition with a class.
        They came upon a cave on the south coast of The Big Island, and found an ancient outrigger canoe.
        In the canoe, were the skeletal remains of 2 men. Instead of finding a Kahuna right away
        and having the site blessed before even touching anything .. they did what
        all Hauole's do .. they got excited .. freaked out, and thought they found something
        that was gonna make them somebody.

Long story short .. they pissed off the Amakua by not blessing the site, and respecting!
        At around 5am the next morning .. My wife and I were awaken by a tremor that literally
        had moved our Queen Sized water bed in the middle of our bedroom ..
        then, moved it right back to where it was originally .. and once again .. moved it to the middle ..
        All in the span of under a minute! The door jams looked like they were doing the Hula ..
        and lights flickered on and off throuh-out the house ..

Later that same day, a tidal surge took all of the water out of Hilo Boat Harbor
        and sent a small wave back, smashing fishing boats up against the sea wall.
        Then, later that nite Kilauea Volcano erupted, and sealed the cave that had been discovered
        with tremor's of it's own .. Madam Pele is not to be taken lightly .. I assure you!

If you doubt any Hawaiian superstitions .. feel free to visit the Volcano's National Park,
        on The Big Island of Hawaii .. take back a piece of Lava Rock with you to your homestate ..
        You will believe after that .. Many have done so, and wished they had'nt!
        Only to have done the right thing later .. which was to have it mailed back to the park,
        where it rightfully belonged in the first place ..

There are stories allll over the internet if you google it .. and if that does'nt work for you,
        Let my Mom (who is half Hawaiian) tell you some of her stories .. I guarantee you,
        not only will you not sleep .. you may even have horrid nightmares when you do!

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi
        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 10-16-2006, 03:53 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I saw this on the news last night. Sounds like everyone made it out ok for the most part. I know one of the local news guys from KC was out there on vacation. When I first heard about it I was thinking about the big Tsunami (sp) back a while that hit India after the earthquake. Good thing that didnt happen in Hawaii. Lots of lives would have been lost. Good to see everyone made it out unharmed, injury wise that is. Later

Comment

Yup was nuts!I woke up thinking my mom was kicking the bed!

My whips!
            97 eliteS 50cc sold
            90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
            93 CB 4dr ex/se
            85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
            80 Hilux 2wd still got it
            73 Opel GT garage queen
            92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
            93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
            92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
            09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
            93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

Originally posted by opposite
              Self pwnage right thurr.

Werd

Comment

Yeah I lived in Hawaii before kilauea erupted and stayed active back in 80-85. A really long time ago (military brat). While we were there we always had Tsunamis and eruptions but I never have experienced an earthquake. I didnt even know that they are common there. Anyway I am happy to hear that everyone on the Islands are ok. The only bad thing is that there is no electricity on a few islands.
                I love the Islands and cant wait to get off the mainland and go back to the Tropical Paradise. My husband thinks Im crazy because Im always talking about it all the time.
                Last edited by trixxy_cb7; 10-16-2006, 09:37 PM.
                Formerly: sheisanonymous

Comment

I think it's the first time we ever had a earthquake this big here. The whole state of Hawaii blacked out afterwards. No electricity and no water from 7 in the morning, until a little while ago! (9:00pmish.) Some of Honolulu is still out. The building alarms are going off like crazy. And damn im hungry. To make things worse, the weather was real bad. The rain was coming down like crazy. Hmm. The local news says some old dudes with candles accedently lit their house on fire and died. Self pwnage right thurr. The Fox News national channel is making me laugh. So much bs. They're saying its 2 in the afternoon right now. lol... yep. Today was pretty wierd.
                  i lol'd for a good 3 or 4 minutes from that

i hope nothing you have got damaged... that sucks man.

Comment

haha. yep. old people shouldnt play with fire. flashlights ftw.
                    im fine. some things fell off of my shelves, but nothings broken. my tv that thinks its a computer is still up on the living room shelf. and its still displaying html...

Comment

hawiian people sure knows how to shake it
                      knowledge is everything with experience on hand then just hearing word of mouth doesnt prove you can do anything

Comment

dam this earthquake, im was in the middle of fiting a guy who ripped me off on ripoffbay i mean ebay...i bided on a passenger side mirror for my 4 door 93 civic, he sent me 2 door, but i dont no if i should give him sympathy and not file a lawsuit against that punk for my $21 dollar loss, hehe, your ebayis a contract, but dam....thanks to this quake, im lost.....

Comment

my cousins live in honolulu, i hope they are fine.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yupz...we had a earth quake today....yes it's sad to hear...but hey u got your power earlier than we did...we got our's on at 10:30p.m.,but its all good...6.5 on a rictar scale....it's aight....cause back at home in Guam....our worst one's in around the 8 and 9....but hey.....it's cool though
                            Signature removed due to excessive size. Please read the rules before creating a new signature. - cp[mike]

Comment

my tv that thinks its a computer is still up on the living room shelf. and its still displaying html...
                              Wierd .. lol .. someone's hacking your tube ..

I never realized we here at CB7T have quite the Hawaiiana crew ..
                              I haven't seen Dereck chime in yet (FishyMan) ... hope he's alright ..

SOHC on dis .. thas a nice CB7 man .. where do you live? That sig is cool .. I see a hill!
                              I miss hills .. Florida = flaaat !!!

A Hui Hou !!!
                              Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X