Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rovers use honda engines???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rovers use honda engines???

Well i was just browsing trademe, came across a Rover and they say it uses a Honda F20A engine, here's the link: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...p-24718000.htm I asked him for a pic of the engine. Just thought it was wierd that's all :S

H22A Vigor
    SR20 Accord

I believe Honda and Rover had a partnership in the late 80's. That's where the Sterlings came from. They used Acura Legend Mechanicals and were built and styled by Rover.

Comment

There was also a turbo Rover... which means the turbo motor should be able to be bolted into a CB7 with little or not modification. Nobody on here has done that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        There was also a turbo Rover... which means the turbo motor should be able to be bolted into a CB7 with little or not modification. Nobody on here has done that yet.
        You so sure about that Deev? I don't seen anyone on here with a Legend motor, and that's what the Sterling was based on...

Comment

Some high performance Saturns are powered by Honda engines too...
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
            Some high performance Saturns are powered by Honda engines too...
            Pretty sure it was the Ion. It was a somewhat covert operation, so if you went to a Saturn dealer, they probably wouldn't know it happened :P
            Originally posted by DoctorCipher
            ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

wow i read this thread and i imediately though the "Mars rover". in which case i was confused how they got an internal combustion engine to work on mars. way to go honda!

but yeah..

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I think the Saturn Vue has a V6 Accord engine too

Comment

I found them on ebay before... Eric, I think you and I talked about them a few months back. I can't find any evidence now, dammit!

And yeah, the Saturn Vue, at least the Redline version, is powered by a Honda V6. I've heard that the Ion was closely related to the new Civic, but I have no proof. I believe GM is using their Ecotec motors in anything performance... now, I wonder if that's anything like vtec...

Not concrete, but a little stronger:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=rover

Comment

I found them on ebay before... Eric, I think you and I talked about them a few months back. I can't find any evidence now, dammit!

And yeah, the Saturn Vue, at least the Redline version, is powered by a Honda V6. I've heard that the Ion was closely related to the new Civic, but I have no proof. I believe GM is using their Ecotec motors in anything performance... now, I wonder if that's anything like vtec...

When did Gm start using Honda motors?
                    I never heard or read anything on it.

Comment

Originally posted by CA1978

The ION Redline uses a destroked version of the ECOTECH which is in fact based on a European GM engine, and was originally a SAAB engine.

The Honda powered Saturns I refer too are indeed the Vue and the Vue Redline.

Any Vue with a 3.5L V6 is Honda. The old 3.2 was a derivative of an old OPEL engine, that was also found in the deceased Cadillac Catera.

The dealers actually market the Vue as having a Honda engine, which is kind of ironic when you think about it...

A guy at work just bought one, and I asked if he knew it had a Honda V6. He said the dealer told him that and that he likes the no dicker sticker of Saturn, but he LOVES the engine in his new Vue.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Haahaahahaha thats pretty cool, way to go Honda

H22A Vigor
                        SR20 Accord

Comment

yeah there was, its called rover 620ti google on that...

Also google on rover 623 and find out that it came with the H23....

The engine is completely different to the f series, it uses different mounts and has the same layout as the K-series (engine on the other side of the car)
                          It only made 200 hp i believe, so u'd (again) be better off swapping a H22.

I also played with this idea
                          Engine: 1997cc, 4 cylinder 16 valve turbo with intercooler. 197 bhp. Torque 174 lb ft.

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
                          For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Ecotec refers to the diesel and gas engines produced by General Motors in other words its nothing like vtec. Ecoec is a four cylinder DOHC engine based on a FIAT engine
                            H23 and 5 speed swap fund- $700

Comment

Originally posted by CA1978
                              GM went shopping a while back. Honda took some cash and gave them an engine.

Here's a quote from Ann Job, and auto writer:

(GM and Honda signed an unusual agreement in 1999 for this powerplant-sharing, which put the Honda-engineered and Honda-built 3.5-liter V6 into the Vue starting in the 2005 model year. Honda's new top executive in Japan has said, however, that he's not fond of such agreements and prefers that Honda engines be found only in Honda vehicles, so the current arrangement may not extend very far.)
                              Seems like that in these deals with Honda, the other company always comes out ahead.

Isuzu Oasis, anyone? My local dealer has a nice '98 they can't seem to move. 160,xxx miles and since it's a '98 has the F23 and other nice updates.
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                              X