Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why do people drive even crazier when it rains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people drive even crazier when it rains?

I see so many spin outs, median barrier crashes, metal exit barrier crashes, and on-and-on. Crazy!

because humans are morons and we should all be killed........we're the most useless fucking creatures that ever inhabited earth.......i wish i were a damn amoeba
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

They seem to hit the panic button quicker and more easily then they would if they could SEE !!! ..

Yep .. I dont worry about my driving as much as I do of those that in fronta me ..
      Downright scary at times some a the shit that people do in bad weather conditions ..

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
        They seem to hit the panic button quicker and more easily then they would if they could SEE !!! ..

Yep .. I dont worry about my driving as much as I do of those that in fronta me ..
        Downright scary at times some a the shit that people do in bad weather conditions ..

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi
        seriously though, after a period without rain, oil soaks down into the asphalt and when it rains, it all floats to the top of the water and can make it extra slippery..........since most people break 100 fucking laws a day (tailgating, not stopping at red lines, taking off and stopping too quickly, improper car maintenance) they wreck when it's wet......

what does the average person do when their brakes lock up and they don't have abs? they fucking hold them down and stare......they wreck because of it......what happens when they start sliding? they lock their arms and stare, and hit shit........you're supposed to give at least 1 car length for every 10mph and in most places now, 2 car lengths per 10mph, of distance while driving and no one does (i try and give about 1 per 10mph because that was the standard when i got my license and it's safe).......so people rear end each other, run redlights because they're so close to the semi in front of them they can't see the red light that HE ran and they get nailed, etc.....

but mostly, we're fucking dumb
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7

but mostly, we're fucking dumb
          Haha .. I saw a lady puttin make up on in her rear view mirror .. in the rain .. pouring rain
          flipped her SUV on its rooof .. another idiot talkin on his cell .. takin notes with one hand
          while drivin with his kness .. yep .. rear ended the pick-up infronta him ..

Pray for me folks .. while I drive the 93 miles today to Nelson's place in Lauderdale ..

Thank you very much ..
          Tomi

Comment

Haha .. I saw a lady puttin make up on in her rear view mirror .. in the rain .. pouring rain
            flipped her SUV on its rooof .. another idiot talkin on his cell .. takin notes with one hand
            while drivin with his kness .. yep .. rear ended the pick-up infronta him ..
            SCORE!

Over here, the accidents are caused by the old people once again. As soon as they see rain, they will slow down to a crawl... its really bad. On the highway, major roads, it doesnt matter, they will go so damn slow.

Comment

i'm a backseat driver...when i ride with other people in bad weather, i freak out..cuz i know they dont/arent paying attention or like my one friend lets his tires get to the belts and spins out on the snow scaring the shit out of everyone in the car...but yeah, mostly, we're ignorant...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

because humans are morons and we should all be killed........we're the most useless fucking creatures that ever inhabited earth.......i wish i were a damn amoeba...posted by other, not me, just dont know to do the quote thing yall do

ROFL, not hatin neone who drives civics but( here's the rant)..................................FUCKIN CIVCIS W/ AIRCRAFT WINGS, FUCKIN RA1 RACING TIRES, TOO FUCKIN LOW CHASSIS, AND WORST OF ALL THEIR MOTHA FUCKIN SPEEDIN, RACING NETHING W/ AN ENGINE.....

maybe its jus where i live though???? hence why i drive an accord, b/c its heavy, i love my car, and the most riceest shit doesnt fit b/c there's little aftermarket support....LOVE IT, plus cb7 owners(see this bring up a whole other topic, maybe i should start a thread) they drive more careful than ne other care i've seen, i mean realisticly, how many cb7 do u see versus every other honda, nissan, toyota, and ford car in a junkyard????
                "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

yes I agree people do speed more in rain and they run red lights and other stuff. Thats why I try to avoid driving in rain because I know im surrounded by idiots who drive while talking on their cellphone puttin makeup on etc. etc.

Comment

Yea here in Ga its not too bad but in Ft Lauderdale Fl...wowzers there are too many people not paying attn and trying to beat everyone else to someplace...young kids in their parents cars acting a foo, young kids in their riced out civics and neons trying to be cool, all the dudes in the big bodies driving fuckin stoned and cutting everyone off and the old people driving like its a sunday in 1946.....i dunno im not a perfect driver but i strive to drive as good as i can because ive seen the aftermath of being stupid behind the wheel...but yea when it rains people drive 20-30 miles faster then they normally would..how the fuck does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by m-tec93accord
                      .posted by other, not me, just dont know to do the quote thing yall do
                      Just click on the button that says "quote".

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Welp .. made it back all in one piece .. thanks for the prayer's folkz!

Took me an hour and 10 min to get there .. and Nelson, Doug and Red were wayyy cool.
                        Doug's CB7 has come a looonnng way since I last saw it .. I mean a long way ..

Red's sportin a pretty nice CB7 that (if I'm not mistaken was Nelson's) and Nelson himself,
                        has a CRX Si to kill for .. wow !!

We went over to Felipe's place after .. and, pushed a couple cars around .. lol
                        Then .. Nelson was cooler then cool .. in leading me back to I-95 in the right direction ..
                        Now for the fun part ... I get up to like 8 exits away .. and rain comes from helll ..
                        I mean it poured so fawkin hard .. it was impossible to see .. so, I shut it down a bit ..
                        got over a couple of lanes .. and I simply let the boneheads keep flyin past me ..

Welllll .. a few more exits ..annnd .. it's a .. d e a d stop ... then, bumper to bumper
                        forrrr .. an hour and a HALF !!!!!!!!

I thought about jumping off and grabbin the turnpike .. but at every exit .. it was mayhem ..
                        Figured I wouldnt do any better then I was doin already .. and stayed my course ..

Right in the middle of all this .. I see my freakin speedo needle .. drop .. to .. zero ..
                        I was like .. wtf ?? Then .. it jumped back up to the 40 or 50 km that I was doin ..
                        Then .. back to zero .. again and again and again .. I'm like .. ok .. speed sensor's gone.

We get to exit 72 .. and there are 3 cop cars blockin all lanes north .. directing us off.
                        I'm like ok .. we'll jump back on .. on the next on-ramp .. only now .. I gotta stop completely.
                        The CB7 .. throws me an *engine check light* .. annnnd .. dies .. right on the spot!

I turn her back on .. ECL still there .. but I have to keep the revs up, to keep her idleing.
                        Ok .. find a kewl spot .. and let her rest .. temp gauge was normal ..
                        I walk into Bugger King .. buy a coke and take a piss .. walked outside, popped the hood,
                        smoked a butt .. drank the coke .. waited a few more min .. and sat there ..
                        Everything looked fiiine .. all connections connected .. oil was right where it should be,
                        radiator was lookin good .. fans were off .. lets start her up and pray .. vaaroom!
                        Starts up great ECL is out .. but .. still wont idle .. ok .. welp .. lets get her home ..

Long story short .. (ya think???) it took me fawkin THREE hours to drive back after this
                        complete fiasco that FHP decided to pull .. by closin I-95 .. cause some asshole
                        wiped out in the rain .. and FHP thought it best for us to NOT see the dead bodies ..
                        Imagine that ... so now I figure I'm better off cuz all I'm out is a VSS .. and an IAVC,
                        but .. I got a coool LIP courtesy off Nelson and I even bottomed out with it already ..
                        allbeit a nice .. lil .. bottom out .. wow .. it's an oem 92/93 lip .. so much for the thoughts
                        of gettin anything deeper .. heheheh ..

But yeah .. that was my day in the rain .. so then .. how was your's ??

A Hui Hou !!!
                        Tomi
                        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-23-2006, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Welp .. made it back all in one piece .. thanks for the prayer's folkz!

Took me an hour and 10 min to get there .. and Nelson, Doug and Red were wayyy cool.
                          Doug's CB7 has come a looonnng way since I last saw it .. I mean a long way ..

Red's sportin a pretty nice CB7 that (if I'm not mistaken was Nelson's) and Nelson himself,
                          has a CRX Si to kill for .. wow !!

We went over to Felipe's place after .. and, pushed a couple cars around .. lol
                          Then .. Nelson was cooler then cool .. in leading me back to I-95 in the right direction ..
                          Now for the fun part ... I get up to like 8 exits away .. and rain comes from helll ..
                          I mean it poured so fawkin hard .. it was impossible to see .. so, I shut it down a bit ..
                          got over a couple of lanes .. and I simply let the boneheads keep flyin past me ..

Welllll .. a few more exits ..annnd .. it's a .. d e a d stop ... then, bumper to bumper
                          forrrr .. an hour and a HALF !!!!!!!!

I thought about jumping off and grabbin the turnpike .. but at every exit .. it was mayhem ..
                          Figured I wouldnt do any better then I was doin already .. and stayed my course ..

Right in the middle of all this .. I see my freakin speedo needle .. drop .. to .. zero ..
                          I was like .. wtf ?? Then .. it jumped back up to the 40 or 50 km that I was doin ..
                          Then .. back to zero .. again and again and again .. I'm like .. ok .. speed sensor's gone.

We get to exit 72 .. and there are 3 cop cars blockin all lanes north .. directing us off.
                          I'm like ok .. we'll jump back on .. on the next on-ramp .. only now .. I gotta stop completely.
                          The CB7 .. throws me an *engine check light* .. annnnd .. dies .. right on the spot!

I turn her back on .. ECL still there .. but I have to keep the revs up, to keep her idleing.
                          Ok .. find a kewl spot .. and let her rest .. temp gauge was normal ..
                          I walk into Bugger King .. buy a coke and take a piss .. walked outside, popped the hood,
                          smoked a butt .. drank the coke .. waited a few more min .. and sat there ..
                          Everything looked fiiine .. all connections connected .. oil was right where it should be,
                          radiator was lookin good .. fans were off .. lets start her up and pray .. vaaroom!
                          Starts up great ECL is out .. but .. still wont idle .. ok .. welp .. lets get her home ..

Long story short .. (ya think???) it took me fawkin THREE hours to drive back after this
                          complete fiasco that FHP decided to pull .. by closin I-95 .. cause some asshole
                          wiped out in the rain .. and FHP thought it best for us to NOT see the dead bodies ..
                          Imagine that ... so now I figure I'm better off cuz all I'm out is a VSS .. and an IAVC,
                          but .. I got a coool LIP courtesy off Nelson and I even bottomed out with it already ..
                          allbeit a nice .. lil .. bottom out .. wow .. it's an oem 92/93 lip .. so much for the thoughts
                          of gettin anything deeper .. heheheh ..

But yeah .. that was my day in the rain .. so then .. how was your's ??

A Hui Hou !!!
                          Tomi

damn... thats one hellof a story you got there... sorry to hear about the car diein on ya... why not show the dead bodies though? make people understand what stupidity ends up doing... it just sucks around where i live too... im down the street from the highschool i attend, and wow... i've seen some really stupid stuff.

Comment

Well .. to be honest .. I'm not even sure there were any real dead bodies ..

It was more of a tongue in cheek statement then anything else .. alltho, I have no clue
                            as to why FHP would close the damn road for that long during a deluge that lasted
                            for more then 2 hours .. it really fawked alotta people up .. big time ..

As Fizzbob says .. people are morons ..
                            Now then .. where's that IACV diy .. ? I got some work to do today ..

Stay Dry !!!
                            Tomi
                            Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-24-2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

wow. that def. sucks, dude!

personally, i try to be the best driver i can as well, i have even sworn off the cellphone in the car, unless i somehow remember my hands-free headset thing, and it is charged. the worst thing that i do while driving is change CDs. well, that, and try to go faster than the idiots, just so i dont have to be behind them. i dunno wether that is the safest thing or not.

Member's Ride Page!

Comment

Working...
                              X