Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what rpm u shift when u race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what rpm u shift when u race

just out of curiousity...when u guyz race(manual)where do u guyz shift at...do u guyz shift at 5,500 where the power ends,or in top of redline at 6,300?or at 6,900?reason y im asking is because i shift at 5,500 when i speed shift(not letting the gas go)at right in top of 6,300 when i quick shift(letting go the gas)but my buddy who has the same motor as me don't shift that way...he shifts at 6,900...yeah my car can do that but i don't wanna risk of blowing my motor..we race one day and he's all stock...motor clutch and tranny...and i'll take him frm my 1st and 2nd but i'll take him about 1-1.5 car away frm me and then when he hits 3rd gear for some reason he comes in out of now where and he just takes me by a fender...and he said he just shift's at 6,900....befor i forget to mention...we are both a F22A4 both manual trans

Yeah I Shift at redline while racing each and everything if the race is serious. (8200 rpms on my car) and if its not so serious I'll short shift and pat the gas pedal.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

Normally as mentioned if its not hard around 6500 will suffice for me then if I really want to push the car then I shift around 7200. When I had my A6 I shifted @ redline.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

how do you guys shift at such a high rpm, my limiter is at 6200 f22a1

Comment

Neither of them are F22, that's why. The F22 makes no power past about 5800, so the only advantage to shifting higher then that is landing back closer to your peak power
          Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

We have an h22a...I mentioned what i shift at with my a6 on the second sentence.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Just try shifting a little bit after your peak power which is at about 55-5800 rpm on f22 I believe, after that, it really doesnt make much power at all. Just because the rev limit is almost a perfect shift point for f22
              FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
              Pm meX
              I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
              H22A Swap
              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

1st. - 2nd. 8000rpm
                2nd. - 3rd. 8000rpm
                4th - 6400rpm

Comment

oh haha my bad, i cant read

Comment

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
                      Neither of them are F22, that's why. The F22 makes no power past about 5800, so the only advantage to shifting higher then that is landing back closer to your peak power
                      acutally my friend and i are both F22A4...i tried to shift like him earlier at a high rpm..i mean hey our stock F series redline is at 6,300(basing it on the stock tach)i mean were not like a B18A1 that can naturally rev at 7,000...i mean when i tried to shift at 6,900...it makes no sense to me cause when i shift that far...the rpm drops pretty low..it drops at 4,600..same thing as shifting at 6,300...and at the same time i feelt the cars power ending nearly going to 6,000 rpm....and when i tried to go that far...it don't make a jack diffrences because the car just stops pulling...but the weird thing is that i'll take him hard on 1st and 2nd...and he's catch me on he's 3rd...some weird as motor....and were both stock.....

Comment

3rd is a long ass gear on these motors. And when I mean long I mean long....Takes a lifetime. The reason why i shifted at redline if not a lil past it was so second would be around the power band if not close to it. but third theres not really much hope but to wait.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

You have any mods? My motor's top end got a lot stronger with my exhaust. I shift at redline in 1-3 and don't have enough power in other gears...

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                            You have any mods? My motor's top end got a lot stronger with my exhaust. I shift at redline in 1-3 and don't have enough power in other gears...

actually....we both have the same thing...just an intake and a straight pipe exhaust...no catylitic...the onlee diffrences is that i have a 2 inch exhaust and he has a 2 1/4....

Comment

Damn a 2"??? That's like smaller than stock...

I have a 2.25 exhaust and power goes all the way to redline...I don't know how it would be with a 2", probably not much different though.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X