Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block

Does anyone know how much a H22a block would cost, thats in good shape? I might consider building a motor but i havent really looked into it yet.
    new ride
    07 cobalt ss/sc

It depends on the condition, where you get it from, and how lucky you are

If you want to build it from the ground up, and you're in no hurry, look for one with damage. Spend maybe $200, maybe less, on a block with damaged cylinder walls. Then spend about $1000 or so to get it sleeved. $1200 isn't bad for a sleeved H22 block. Then get yourself a head with some damage as well (possibly from the same person as the block). Send it out to someplace for some work... another $1200 should get you a performance P&P, valve job, and a nice valvetrain. There, you've spent $2400 so far... I paid that much for my stock motor.
    Now, get the crank balanced, get some aftermarket rods and pistons, and you have a fully built motor. All that added up will cost you less than the $4000 I paid for my motor and installation, and you'd kick my ass in a race

Actually... MrHonda was selling a damaged full H22 for $500. It would probably be $300 or so for him to ship it. If he still has it, I would check it out. Find the thread in classifieds and PM him (since you can't post yet).

Comment

here you go my friend. i posted this in another thread under perfomance-swaps etc. and got some info. i cant remember the thread but ill just give you the link so you can go straight there and do some lookin. some of the members said they were a good shop and great buys from them. they are based out of virginia i think it was. so they are local imports for cheaper shipping.

and i think you could have posted this in the perfomance forum. prolly would have been easier and faster for replies.

heres the link by the way.

http://www.japaneseengineimport.com/eng/home.htm

enjoy!!
      Last edited by roostaccord91; 07-13-2006, 12:05 PM. Reason: missed a couple of details
      CHECK MY CARDOMAIN HERE!!! FROM WHEN I 1ST GOT HER TO NOW!!!
      MY CARDOMAIN!!!!!

MYSPACE!!

1991 Honda Accord Ex
      Engine:

F22a, bullfrog ecu, short ram intake, revolution exhaust

Exterior:
      17'' Eagle Alloys
      6'' Grand Touring Wing
      Custom Paint (my own mix at paint shop and gray part on hood is now black)

Interior:
      Pretty much all stock.

Comment

Thanks for the help and info, i'm gonna check into that site and see what they have. I would have posted this in performance but i can only post in beginners topics right now
        new ride
        07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Either way... "where can I buy" threads are often better in off topic anyway... it's not really a performance question, IMO.

Be sure to research the company, however. As I said in the thread roostaccord91 mentioned, unless you KNOW an engine seller to be good, you could be getting a cheap/expensive paperweight.

Comment

i think i'm just going to buy a bare block and build from there, if you know anyone with a bare block thats in good shape lmk thanks
            new ride
            07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

It won't be easy to find a bare block in good shape... people rarely rip H22s apart unless they've been damaged.

Comment

well i guess i'll have to look around. i wanna build up a block with type-s pistons. i want a project to do, ive never built a engine before but ive ripped them down before in school, so i wanna do something thatll be fun and a learning experience
                new ride
                07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Sounds good. It's always nice to learn before you HAVE to learn! Most of my learning experiences have been when something broke.

Comment

haha i know what you mean
                    new ride
                    07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

Working...
                    X