Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

this is off topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is off topic

this is pretty much "off topic" i would say. i guess the only way it fits with cars is that we all like messing around with them and learning how to clean and fix them. so does anyone have any cheap way to tell me how to fix this hole in my wall. got a little angry and i don't want to get angry again paying some guy to fix this. i live in an apartment so this needs to get fixed soon. any sort of product i can slap on there, smooth, and paint? thanx, i know this is pretty random but everybody here is pretty good with using what's available to them.

get some plaster... smooth it out, paint it...

just liek bondo on a car

Comment

yeah that sounds simple. i haven't given this too much thought but i guess it's a pretty simple task. thanxs for answering the stupid question

Comment

LOL Mike .. its drywall back there .. (I used to be a drywall taper)

Find some drywall *compound* at Home Depot .. there are many diff ways to fix this ..
        Depends on your skill level with a pan and a few knifes tho .. but easiest way is ..

Get that crap thats punched in the hole outta there .. wadd up some dry wall tape ..
        its simply perf paper .. or .. u could even use newspaper .. stuff it in there .. real good ..
        Sand the texture off the wall .. it'll sand off in less then a min .. grab some mud ..
        (*compound*) and using a 6" knife (one for drywall) smooth it over .. let it dry ..
        Come back tomorrow .. and fill in somemore .. fill it all in untill all the cracking is gone.
        sand smooth .. and get a spray can texture .. they sell it at Home Depot as well ..
        Spray a few coats .. thiiiinn coats .. and walla .. yr done ..

There are other ways .. and much more involved .. when I was hired to do stuff
        like that .. I would cut out til I found the studs .. then put a new piece of drywall in.
        Tape it .. coat it .. texture it .. gone ..

Good luck .. it's like body work in a way .. lol .. the better prep you do .. the better
        the outcome .. take your time .. and don't get too upset and make any more work ..

EDIT: Hell, you know .. after takin a closer look at that .. here's what ya do ..
        Leave that shit in there .. just like it is .. sand around that hole .. about 3-5 inches ..
        Take the mud .. (thats what we call the compound) and smooth it in there .. dont worry
        about the way it is while doing that .. it'll shrink, and tomorrow it'll require more ..
        SO .. when tomorrow comes .. fill it in some more .. and wait another day .. maybe ..
        BUT .. you want that sucker hard and dry .. before applying a 3rd or even 4rth coat.
        When its all pretty much level .. simply sand it down and re texture with the spray can.

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi
        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 07-09-2006, 07:50 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Tomi's got it down I was doing that sort fo thing when I was 8 years old (my dad was a contractor). I've also punched and kicked a number of holes in my walls (I had a bad temper as a kid... still do, occasionally... the oldschool guys have seen it a few times here).

The whole wad up paper, mud, sand, spray, and paint method always worked for me. I always taped over the wad though... it just gave it a smoother appearance to me.

If you can't match the color of the wall, you'll probably want to repaint the entire thing...

Comment

funny thing is this happened to my friend like 6 hrs ago lol

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
            nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
            nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
            nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
            AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
            AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
            AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
            nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

dont forget to sand it after you mud it.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

plaster paris works great as filler too. i think its a little thicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Punkrampant
                  plaster paris works great as filler too. i think its a little thicker.
                  Do not use plaster of Paris .. lol .. you'll be sanding like a madman .. that shit dries up
                  harder then .. well .. suffice it to say .. it cures in less time .. but its a PIA to sand ..

And thanks Deev .. yeah .. its really a simple process, with the right tools and know how.
                  Then again .. isn't anything?

Mike .. post up pics of the finished product .. lol .. Deev and I will grade ya ..
                  Glad you missed the stud also .. cuz .. that coulda smarted a whooolllle bunch ..
                  Human flesh smacking a 2x4 at an angle = something broken ..

A Hui Hou !!!
                  Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                  X