Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

When Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Racing

When Racing How Do You Take Off With Minimum Tire Spin

WTB: edm rear fog, 88-91 ef 4dr

Well to help keep them from spinning don't rev the car so high. Keep it around 2500 to 3000 when you take off.

Comment

Feather the clutch a bit, and keep the revs down. It takes practice to find the ideal point... The key is to launch with the highest revs and fastest clutchwork possible without spinning.

Comment

apparently a little tire spin is a good thing which makes a little heat

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Yep or you can granny start it lol which will mess up your times bad. I usually launch in the 3000-3500. Still need to see if 4000 works right but kinda hard. But on my old f22a6 i launched at around 3500 which was good enough. Oh yea it also depends on what tires and your suspension setup and some other factors because that will make a difference too.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah, i can launch at 4k with minimal slippage. i have bfg g-forces though. they're so sticky its ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
              yeah, i can launch at 4k with minimal slippage. i have bfg g-forces though. they're so sticky its ridiculous
              i've got the bfg g-forces on my prelude and they suck ass on launching at the track. they spin like hell in 1st gear on the street as well. i had better launches on my old no-name tires.the bfg's are awesome through the corners though.

on to the question. like said before, you just have to practice and play with different launching rpm's but the biggest factor is improving your skills at feathering the clutch and throttle control. if you start to spin, ease off the throttle a tiny bit and then ease back into full throttle once you hook up (all this is done while slipping the clutch a bit).

Comment

Originally posted by eludedU95
                i've got the bfg g-forces on my prelude and they suck ass on launching at the track. they spin like hell in 1st gear on the street as well. i had better launches on my old no-name tires.the bfg's are awesome through the corners though.

on to the question. like said before, you just have to practice and play with different launching rpm's but the biggest factor is improving your skills at feathering the clutch and throttle control. if you start to spin, ease off the throttle a tiny bit and then ease back into full throttle once you hook up (all this is done while slipping the clutch a bit).
                how many miles did you have on them? and which ones did you have? kd's, kdw's, sports?

Comment

my tires just spin. lol
                  1993 Honda Accord LX
                  2006 Yamaha R6
                  2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Originally posted by Minze
                    my tires just spin. lol
                    you either gotta feather the clutch like deev said, or dump it from a lower rpm. a little wheelspin is optimum, but you have to get momentum; that is the key, as long as you are building momentum, wheelspin is relative. it dont really matter if the car is moving along quickly, cept tire costs..

Comment

i launch at 3000 rpm with little wheel spin... but a lot of wheel hop

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                        how many miles did you have on them? and which ones did you have? kd's, kdw's, sports?
                        they were about 3 weeks old so only 100-200 miles or so. they're the sports. i automatically assumed you had the same for some reason, i don't know. the kd's and kdw's are basically drag radials i believe. if that's what you have, i'm sure they are pretty sticky.

Comment

kd is dry performance, kdw is dry and wet performance. I want a set of kdws myself... plus, they look badass.

If you burn out properly before launching, you don't need wheelspin to warm your tires. NO spin is ideal.

Comment

I have kdws type 2, the best tires I have put on my ride so far. Insane tracton. No so great tire life

Comment

Now What Do U Mean By Feather The Clutch
                              And How Does Wheel Hop Occur(is It When It Gets A Lil Grip The Looses And Gains)

WTB: edm rear fog, 88-91 ef 4dr

Comment

Working...
                              X