Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help with my cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my cb7

Hello all, trying to get this old cb7 ready to be a daily driver again.
    However the problem is it doesn’t want to start.
    i have fuel, main relay clicks and fuel pump buzzes when in on position.
    I’m getting spark from each plug
    and I don’t have any leaks from the intake to the throttle body
    I replaced my ecu
    I replaced the igniter cause it was cracked

I took a video of what it sounds like but I’m having problems uploading it
    when it starts it runs great. This problem seems to be intermittent

this would get more response in the beginner technical forum. I don't have any good suggestion for your issue.
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Make sure you are getting fuel to the fuel rail when it won't start.

Comment

Are you spark plug wires in the right order?

1-3-4-2

Missed the runs great when it starts.

Have you replaced the fuel filter any time recently? Honestly you may still have an original Honda OEM fuel filter on there, that is like 95% clogged up. Testing the fuel pressure at the rail would be the best way to tell, should be 43 psi.

My wagon had a mostly plugged fuel filter, and it would randomly get fuel starved and just die on me randomly on the highway. I'd just turn the key off, then back on let the fuel pump prime a few times, and she would fire right back up. After swapping the fuel filter for a new one, this hasn't happened again. The fuel coming out of that fuel filter was straight black.
        Last edited by Rilas; 07-12-2024, 12:58 PM.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
        X