Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone into domestics ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro sells. They'll have lots of older guys buying stuff that looked like the cars they used to have and you'll have a lot of young pretenders that like to think they lived in the good 'ole days as well. And another reason is that retro(when done right) looks good. I'd much rather see retro stuff coming out for pony cars other than some European designer's idea of what the new Camaro should look like. It's going to be much more expensive than the 4th gen Camaros were also. But I still don't expect it to have 400hp from the factory. Chevy is really weird about what they'll let compare to their Vette. They cancelled the Grand National because it got too fast, and the Syclone/Typhoon trucks came pretty close too so GM took those out to pasture. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 345/350 as the Camaro over the past few decades has assumed the Corvette's old power figures when a new model was introduced.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
      Retro sells. They'll have lots of older guys buying stuff that looked like the cars they used to have and you'll have a lot of young pretenders that like to think they lived in the good 'ole days as well. And another reason is that retro(when done right) looks good. I'd much rather see retro stuff coming out for pony cars other than some European designer's idea of what the new Camaro should look like. It's going to be much more expensive than the 4th gen Camaros were also. But I still don't expect it to have 400hp from the factory. Chevy is really weird about what they'll let compare to their Vette. They cancelled the Grand National because it got too fast, and the Syclone/Typhoon trucks came pretty close too so GM took those out to pasture. I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 345/350 as the Camaro over the past few decades has assumed the Corvette's old power figures when a new model was introduced.
      Damn, i didn't even know they cancelled the grand national i was looking forward to that shit lol. And unless i hit the lotto or someone land a job in the 6 figures range, i don't think i'll ever buy a brand new car. Even though the srt charger brings out the flashy side of me lol.
      I love the bouncy...it's great...

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett

(about the vette thing...)

yeah I hate that. the vette is over rated

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Yeah ive always liked them. I've watched my dad build a 850 horsepower 406 cid small block that is going into his car that is way lighter than my accord. (scary...yes). Should be runnin 9's when its runnin in its prime.
          Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

I dont like the way that looks very much but I do love ls powered f-bodies and vettes. SOOOO much fun to drive and I cant wait until my insurance goes down in a few years so I can own a vette myself.

And ya'll are right about gm being weird about anything comparing to the vette. They always rated the f-bodies lower in hp even tho on the dyno they made the same amount of power. Funny it wasn't until the goat and the CTS-V came out that gm allowed the "hp rating" to be the same as the vette.
            Last edited by koolkoreanked; 04-24-2006, 11:28 PM.
            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
            registration is free

Comment

i dont know how the hell thats supposed to look like a 69 camerhoe...as much as it hurts to say it...dodge did a way better job wit the challenger...
              the new mustang still pwns both of them tho

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by Accordlx
                for me, the best looking and good performance domestic is the new mustang.
                yeah, i work at a car wash/detail shop...and i get to drive all kinds of cars..i would never own one of those..its cheap and plasticky and rattles and squeaks..even the new ones...worse than my 14 year old accord..i'll stick with what i got

Comment

that, my friend, is the reason imports pwn domestic cars...build quality.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

definetly prefer the new challenger...as many of you have said

Comment

Seen it already... much nicer in person.

also I love the concept that was done off of the new camaro...

Trans Am
                      Last edited by 84Blazin; 04-29-2006, 07:23 AM.
                      90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                      Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

^^^ Ive never seen that one

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

looks like my asshole on a bad day, and no im not into domestics at all

Comment

I'm speechless...in a bad way

Comment

67 camaro ss for me

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

See this is why Domestics are getting there downfall.

EMPHASIZE on smaller vehicles first then concentrate on Sports Cars later.
                                Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                                X