Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Nice or Rice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice or Rice?

Ive heard alot about "nice or rice" and wondered what everyones opinion was on this subject. 90% of the aftermarket engine parts I have are polished chrome/red/blue etc.. does that make my engine compartment rice? I understand too gawdy of a paint job/body work w/kits look like Fast and the Furious rejects especially some of these wheels Ive seen. Just wanted to see the different definitions out there. Pics would be cool.

People have there tastes here and there. You can call anything rice nowadays it just depends on the person themselves. I try to keep an open mind but when it gets too excessive such as 10000 stickers/tezzas that dont even match the car/kits that dont line up, and stuff of that nature I tend to make fun of people like that but thats just me.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricer

Comment

My biggest thing is bodylines. Your car has it's on distinctive body lines as it is. Putting on body kits that have swoops and curves or headlight/taillight conversions completely goes against those and look unnatural. But I guess even more so rice could be an unguided attempt to modify your car without any long term plan of what you want. Just throwing crap on the car as it comes along.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Well then mine is isnt a ricer for sure! I'm starting from the inside out. POS is my body style! Nice site by the way from 93EXaesthetic, you have to see this orange Toyota thats on there and they give a great definition of rice. I guess mine is stealth. Looks ragged and lowered but everything under the skin is new and upgraded. Still need to add my turbo just dont have the time or money for the tubing and fabs its going to take right now.

Comment

My car is rice as some say, but tastfully done with no neons, huge spoiler and chrome rims. It depends on the persons taste. I live the JDM look also but I already went one way and refuse to start over to look like everyone else.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I guess you could say my car is rice because I painted my dash trim blue to cover up the scratches on it. And as well, I have a tach, but I do have a 5-speed...

According to the wiki article, having dents is the sign of a ricer. Does this mean my golf-ball dent and snowball dent make me a ricer? Confused I am....
              John "Heavy Q"

Comment

Nice or Rice

Originally posted by NAiL05
                People have there tastes here and there. You can call anything rice nowadays it just depends on the person themselves. I try to keep an open mind but when it gets too excessive such as 10000 stickers/tezzas that dont even match the car/kits that dont line up, and stuff of that nature I tend to make fun of people like that but thats just me.
                Dont forget Fairy Fin spoilers.

Comment

I think it's everyone's own opinions. Do whatever makes you happy w/your car. I personally like to have a nice clean look on the outside with all go under the hood. I have seen a ton of CB7's with front lips and I think it makes them look awesome. Might be just me tho...everyone has their own tastes.
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SuperTuner12010
                  But the cat robs my horses.
                  1991 Honda Accord LX Sedan w/5 speed transmission

Comment

^^^ thats a ricer

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf

^^^ thats a ricer
                      Id still rock it. Check out the mad downforce yoo!!! I also love how the tach is facing the wrong way. Hey look i can rev higher than youuuu!!! lol.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Hey wasn’t that the poser car for the T-Mobile commercial? LoL. Damn isn’t that also a AE86 coupe, right guys? What a way to mess up a classic JDM chassis =(
                        Hi

Comment

yes a sad sight indeed poor little hachi, is that a MKIV supra parked behind it?
                          But I'm still payin, so she still a ho. Why don't i just give her the money I was gonna spend on dinner, and that ho can get some groceries

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                            Id still rock it. Check out the mad downforce yoo!!! I also love how the tach is facing the wrong way. Hey look i can rev higher than youuuu!!! lol.
                            is that a tach, or is it a foglight?
                            My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

JDM is rice for me or just too stock(I dont want to look stock). I can say this because I'm originally from a country who gets all there vehicles JDM and most likely with most or all the options you guys are dieing to have. Sometimes when I look at most of you guys with 1 pc JDm light, rare lips, power folding mirrors, flush mount spoilers, JDm wheel, etc it reminds me of being a little kid in Jamaica. Thats when I actually saw my 1st Cb , Vigors (inspires), etc and fell in love with hondas(not Civics). Sometimes I think I should tell my fam to send me mad stuff so i can sell to you guys for reasonable prices because you guys are definately paying too much for JDM stuff(then again , I dont have time to do it)
                              1993 Accord LX - Sold
                              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                              X