Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wash Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wash Car

How and what do you use to wash your car?

-lots and lots of water
    -a soft brush on the gardenhose (so you always add lot and lots of water)
    that's it
    And 4 times a year first a good shampoo-wash followed by a wax-session.
    Accord Aerodeck 1991 (CB8) JDM H22A

Sleeper!

Comment

lets see lol...... a bucket, sponge, soap, somthing to dry it with, water,and a water hose and then just wash it

Sold as of 12-16-06

My Ride
      DIY: Painting E-Brake Button

91 Honda Accord Coupe EX F22A4 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by accord-racing
        lets see lol...... a bucket, sponge, soap, somthing to dry it with, water,and a water hose and then just wash it
        i see you even put a picture to this DIY... freshly washed car, soap on the street
        Accord Aerodeck 1991 (CB8) JDM H22A

Sleeper!

Comment

Originally posted by Goelette
          i see you even put a picture to this DIY... freshly washed car, soap on the street

nice catch on the soap..the blackhoused headlights are looking CLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAANNNNNNN...im working on mine..i have an extra set got them apart, taped and primered..still trying to decide which parts to blackout..neways yes...to wash your car..search the forum..there was a DETAILED post on how to wash it..including what products to buy..i will try and post it later when i get home from skool..pe@ce love and chicken grease from the middle east..

Comment

Meguiers conditioning soap (wax free) Soft cloth mit, water, and a meg shammy for the final dry, then I spray with meg detail spray, Wax 4 times a years and polish once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
              Meguiers conditioning soap (wax free) Soft cloth mit, water, and a meg shammy for the final dry, then I spray with meg detail spray, Wax 4 times a years and polish once a year.

haha that was bad ass we posted at the SAME time..so yea we are now extremely cool..lol..pe@ce

Comment

I wipe it down first to get the dust off, Claybar the car or soap and water the car, wipe it off, then wax if i feel like it.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I heard Mr. Clean is really good

Comment

just use wash and wax, then wax it after that

tell you what though...my father bought these "absorber" cloths form wal-mart
                    $15 for two of them..about 16 inches by 18 inches or something like that...but omfg..they hold ridiculous amounts of water..like insane amounts..best thing ever for drying your car off...its good for here in FL where waterspots form instantly...

Comment

go here www.mothers.com they have a wax forum. much knowledge can be absorbed there. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

dish soap and a hose. oh yea, I care LOTS about my paint.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                          dish soap and a hose. oh yea, I care LOTS about my paint.
                          Ya, well seeing as how dish soap is a grease remover, and WAX is a greasy substance.....it's abuse alright.

I use a clean mit, car soap, wash from top to bottom only....wheels last. Then, I go out and take it up to about 80mph on the highway, and any water left on the car when I get back is towel dried.....LOL!!
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                            my father bought these "absorber" cloths form wal-mart
                            $15 for two of them..about 16 inches by 18 inches or something like that...but omfg..they hold ridiculous amounts of water..like insane amounts..best thing ever for drying your car off...
                            i use the same thing! they're the shit.

Comment

Yep absorber cloths are nice i got one also. Plus got me some microfiber cloth at wal mart too.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X