Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2006 Civic Si or 350z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Civic Si or 350z

I'm debating about what car should I get. 06 Civic Si or 350z. The price difference between the Si and the Z is roughly 7-8k. I just want a quick/fast car that isn't too expensive or costly. Any suggestions?

(I'm still keeping my CB7)
    RICE COOKA!!

well...to be honest..you cant compare either...06 civic is a great car..so is the 350z...wwith the civic..its pretty fast..greta daily driver you kno...the market loves them..so theres alot of aftermarket parts for it..the 350z is..well..A 350Z! id personalyl get the z..just ebcause its so sexy..sporty..and fast...verey comfortable car to...i thought itd be real tight inside but its nice

Comment

350z's are nice i havent ridden in a newer Si yet. Both cars arent really comparable...First of all you got FR vs FF...FR is always funner to drive....Then you got a 4 banger vs a 6 cylinder. There are a lot of things to compare but if you want a good dd both cars are good. Personally id have to go with the Z in this case even though the Si is still a good car.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

350z. You can drift it. An '06 Si is just a faster, smaller version of your CB7, with a 6 speed MT.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

The Si is very similar in weight as well, I believe... The Z is heavier, but beefier... made for performance. I'm not a fan of new cars myself... I'd rather get something older and modify it.

Comment

Get a 350z if u wanna drift or a bigger cc engine

The 350z would be thirstier than the honda though but the beauty of the honda is the availability of parts for upgrades. U cant chuck on a turbo at a cheaper price!
            Ex rides:

2 x 92 Accord CB7 manual: F20A
            JdM 97 Accord Sir-T: H22A
            99 Mitsi Lancer Evolution 6: 4G63T
            and a few others not worth mentioning...

Current:

98 Spec Integra Type R 4 door

www.cb7tuner.com, the best place to be

Comment

depends on what you want to do. if you want a great DD with some fun your best bet is probably the si, i say this because the z is not the best for DD, its small, doesnt hold many items, very high clamp load clutch, so requiring PERFECT and i mean PERFECT rev matches and shifts. Its suspension is clearly not tuned for lounging aroudn the street and its ride height is very low. Plus im freaking ANAL about getting rock chips. Plus i gaurantee you if you buy a z you wont keep it stock! Its just addicting. The si would be more for DD if you want more of a weekend car or fun sporty track car the z is the way to go. im sorry i cant say much about the si, ive never driven it or sat in one. but i can enlighten you on the z.
              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I sat in an Si at the Philly auto show last month. Honestly, it was one of my favorite interiors (and I sat in some 6 figure German cars!) It's nicely laid out.

The Z is definitely a sports car. The Si is a souped up commuter car.

Comment

350z.

Comment

hmm wasnnt that impressed with the vq35 power delivery...where does the s2k fit in this equation "?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

You need to drive both and see. Then decide what your mission is and which one fits your priorities.

With the way the new Si is setup with the LSD and what not, you aren't going to notice the FF setup at anything you will be doing on a legal street. Unless you are dumb.

The insurance will be cheaper, as well as the payment and possibly the maintenance (the Z is perfectly reliable, but the tires and stuff will be pricey).

Also, based on some of the SI times I have seen, it seems to give the 350Z an honest run for its money on a racetrack. Especially if you get the HFP package, or put some of that 7-8gs in the suspension.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

350z hands down
                        i got some stock honda civic si turboz

Comment

I :heart: my honda to death, but when it comes down to new civic si vs. 350z...well i'm all for the Z...You can't beat the RWD especialy now that ff3 is coming out

ILBB
                          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

I'm actually disappointed with the current sportscar offerings. The Z doesn't intrigue me nearly as much as it should. The RX-8 is weaksauce. The STi and EVO are impressive, but they don't have the sportscar aura about them...

Nothing like the old RX-7, Supra (Toyota, where have you gone?), 300zx, etc... Same with the American offerings. The Charger, 300C Hemi, Crossfire, Mustang... they're all boring. I've NEVER liked Corvettes, but at the moment, I think the Corvette is the most impressive thing on the road!

Comment

I think you'll have happy with either you choose.

Comment

Working...
                              X