Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tips on using CB7tuner.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips on using CB7tuner.com

First off, CB7tuner.com has been around for a long time now. With 5000 members, there is a LOT of info floating around out there!

The first tool you need to master to successfully dig up the info you want is the Search tool. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?
    I assure you that no matter how unique your problem or idea is, there's a good chance someone has already posted about it!
    -Engine swaps are old-hat. We know all the motors that can easily go into our cars. There's nothing new you can ask about that hasn't been discussed... unless it's not worth discussing.
    -Turbo setups are very common. Lots of info there.
    -JDM parts are all well known. There are people on here who have the rarest of the rare. Many of them are importers of parts themselves!
    -Things such as paint codes, motor specs, tire sizes, maintenance issues, CEL codes... they're all on here. Find them.

Second, make your thread titles DESCRIPTIVE! Saying "I need help" in the technical forum won't get you anything good. Are your headlights not working? Make the thread title "headlights not working!" If you have NO idea what the problem is, do your best to describe it. "Car not starting. Making clicking noise" is better than "help!"

Third, use punctuation and proper grammar! I know everyone on here isn't a scholar, but we should all be capable of somewhat understandable writing! If I see someone that posts "yo dis ting aint workin cuz i banged on it 2 hard what do i do now huh?"... no. If you want help, ask in a way other people will understand, or you won't get help.

Be sure to read the rules and stickies in each forum. The rules are simple in most forums, with just a few (like Members Rides) requiring a certain format. The main rule of this entire board is "be nice!" Any fighting will result in a ban of all involved. The length of the ban ranges from one day to permanent.

Adding Pictures to Profile

I'm lost. How do I add pictures of my car to my profile?
    Last edited by dazzo03; 04-09-2006, 09:54 AM. Reason: Adding Attachment

Comment

Originally posted by dazzo03
      I'm lost. How do I add pictures of my car to my profile?
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=3403

Comment

OK.. thanks... but now when I go to create a thread in memeber rides it says
        dazzo03, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
        If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

perhaps my account is awaiting activation b/c I joined today? How long would that take?

Thanks

Originally posted by deevergote
        First off, CB7tuner.com has been around for a long time now. With 5000 members, there is a LOT of info floating around out there!

The first tool you need to master to successfully dig up the info you want is the Search tool. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?
        I assure you that no matter how unique your problem or idea is, there's a good chance someone has already posted about it!
        -Engine swaps are old-hat. We know all the motors that can easily go into our cars. There's nothing new you can ask about that hasn't been discussed... unless it's not worth discussing.
        -Turbo setups are very common. Lots of info there.
        -JDM parts are all well known. There are people on here who have the rarest of the rare. Many of them are importers of parts themselves!
        -Things such as paint codes, motor specs, tire sizes, maintenance issues, CEL codes... they're all on here. Find them.

Second, make your thread titles DESCRIPTIVE! Saying "I need help" in the technical forum won't get you anything good. Are your headlights not working? Make the thread title "headlights not working!" If you have NO idea what the problem is, do your best to describe it. "Car not starting. Making clicking noise" is better than "help!"

Third, use punctuation and proper grammar! I know everyone on here isn't a scholar, but we should all be capable of somewhat understandable writing! If I see someone that posts "yo dis ting aint workin cuz i banged on it 2 hard what do i do now huh?"... no. If you want help, ask in a way other people will understand, or you won't get help.

Be sure to read the rules and stickies in each forum. The rules are simple in most forums, with just a few (like Members Rides) requiring a certain format. The main rule of this entire board is "be nice!" Any fighting will result in a ban of all involved. The length of the ban ranges from one day to permanent.

Comment

dazz- you need 50 posts in the beginner's forum before we let you out of the playpen... I guess you could holler at Deev and make a request to get out...

Oh yea, in case you newbs missed it...SEARCH!!!!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

cool thanks for tips.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              I see someone that posts "yo dis ting aint workin cuz i banged on it 2 hard what do i do now huh?"
              thank you
              thank you

ive been trying to help with this but no one listens

err sorry. i was helpin' dem brothas in da forum but dey aint do nuttin bout dit

Comment

for some reason my number of post are not updating it show that i still
                have 0 post! help

My Ride
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=69635

Comment

Posts in the Beginner Off Topic and Off Topic forums don't count. It's WAY too easy to get 30 posts when you're talking about useless stuff. Having to post in the car-related forums at least forces people to learn SOMETHING. The point of the Beginner forums is to get people used to the way this forum works AND subject them to some of the more common cb7 knowledge. By the time you get out of here, you should have a decent idea of things such as:

what motors fit
                  what lug pattern our wheels are
                  what things like JDM, EDM, and CB7 mean
                  What other options you have for power (NA F22, turbo, etc...)

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind is if you have a question about something, check the main forums. Many of them have stickies at the top of that forum that will answer ALL of your questions and more.

Comment

watch this its freakin hilarious, must see for noobs

Member Ride Facebook
                      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

Very Good

1991 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

whats everything that new comer can post on?? how many post do i have to post to post on the other threads??

My New Ride
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord21
                            whats everything that new comer can post on?? how many post do i have to post to post on the other threads??
                            you can only post in the beginner forum until you get 30 posts i believe.

Comment

also, "Beginner Off-topic" posts dont count.
                              My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

Working...
                              X